Sponsored

Panda Motorworks Catch Can Kit Prototype Headed to Production!

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where’s a preorder link, I’m definitely getting one after driving an EB Mustang and emptying the CC every 2k Miles
Sponsored

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We have finalized the design of our Catch Can kit for the 2.3L and it is headed to production! Front and center, this is an essential piece for your engine bay that functions as great as it looks! (pictured is the prototype)

Resized_Resized_20210723_133814.jpeg

Why do I need a catch can?

The main purpose of a catch can is to keep components of your turbocharged vehicle's engine clean and running the way it should. EcoBoost motors are known for creating excessive "blow by", and a catch can helps capture that blow by and prevents it from returning to your engine where it can build up and cause problems long term if not addressed. The build up can happen in places such as your intake manifold, intake valves, intercooler, and the intake itself. Excessive blow by build up can lead to problems such as clogged sensors, restricted air flow, and poor idling, all of which can hinder performance and reliability.

IMG_9198.jpg

What is "Blow By"?

Blow By is the by-product of modern combustion and contains a mixture of oil vapors, water vapors, and unburnt fuel. When mixed together, with the help of high temperatures, the result is a nasty sludge. Definitely not something you want in your engine!

catchcanliquid.jpeg

What's included in the Kit?

We only used the finest components available to bring you this top of the line catch can kit! For starters, we use a high-quality Radium Engineering PCV Catch Can. We have been using Radium Catch Cans on various applications throughout the years, and they stand alone compared to the competition. The kit also utilizes custom hoses with OEM grade quick-release fittings and other Vibrant fittings to make installation a breeze!

Resized_Resized_20210723_141844.jpeg

We are excited to bring this new product to market, and as soon as our pre-production kit has been finalized we will open up a pre-order for members of the forum! We are shooting for a price point around the $250 mark for these kits. At Panda Motorworks, we stand behind our products as we strive to offer the highest quality parts at the lowest possible price!

If you have any other questions, feel free reply to this thread or reach out to @chris@pandamotorworks or myself for further assistance!
Is the housing aluminum? If so....anoidize it in different colors to match the Bronco colors. See what Billet Technology does to their catch cans. DO that....I am in.

Lagrange 6g

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f250 2014 landcruiser 1978 cj5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We have finalized the design of our Catch Can kit for the 2.3L and it is headed to production! Front and center, this is an essential piece for your engine bay that functions as great as it looks! (pictured is the prototype)

The main purpose of a catch can is to keep components of your turbocharged vehicle's engine clean and running the way it should. EcoBoost motors are known for creating excessive "blow by", and a catch can helps capture that blow by and prevents it from returning to your engine where it can build up and cause problems long term if not addressed. The build up can happen in places such as your intake manifold, intake valves, intercooler, and the intake itself. Excessive blow by build up can lead to problems such as clogged sensors, restricted air flow, and poor idling, all of which can hinder performance and reliability.

IMG_9198.jpg

What is "Blow By"?

Blow By is the by-product of modern combustion and contains a mixture of oil vapors, water vapors, and unburnt fuel. When mixed together, with the help of high temperatures, the result is a nasty sludge. Definitely not something you want in your engine!

catchcanliquid.jpeg

We only used the finest components available to bring you this top of the line catch can kit! For starters, we use a high-quality Radium Engineering PCV Catch Can. We have been using Radium Catch Cans on various applications throughout the years, and they stand alone compared to the competition. The kit also utilizes custom hoses with OEM grade quick-release fittings and other Vibrant fittings to make installation a breeze!

We are excited to bring this new product to market, and as soon as our pre-production kit has been finalized we will open up a pre-order for members of the forum! We are shooting for a price point around the $250 mark for these kits. At Panda Motorworks, we stand behind our products as we strive to offer the highest quality parts at the lowest possible price!

If you have any other questions, feel free reply to this thread or reach out to @chris@pandamotorworks or myself for further assistance!
I’m in but mechanically disinclined on modern engines Would like to see a how-to video

Calicorks

Badlands
First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IMG_9198.jpg

What is "Blow By"?

catchcanliquid.jpeg

This is great, I had no idea this was an issue.

Side note, why wouldn’t Ford add this if it’s such a big problem?

2021badlands bronco bob

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We do plan on offering a kit for the 2.7L, just need to do the R&D to get there!
Well that Bronco engine bay has got to be fantastic for you guys you don’t have to worry about what it looks like because they’ve already made such a mess. On a sidenote very happy to see this available so soon now I just have to wait another year for my bronco maybe🤣

Sponsored

jjack50

Black Diamond
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW Jetta TDI, 2016 F350 4WD Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is great, I had no idea this was an issue.

Side note, why wouldn’t Ford add this if it’s such a big problem?
some Ranger engines include an air/oil separator. I don’t know if they all do but that has the same effect as a catch can.

Calicorks

Badlands
First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford fixed the problem... newer engines you don't need this... do some research on it...
Thanks, this is why I’m asking. No offense to Panda but this is why I ask questions 😊.

Sounds like it’s not needed.

2021badlands bronco bob

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks, this is why I’m asking. No offense to Panda but this is why I ask questions 😊.

Sounds like it’s not needed.
Well if that statement is true then I guess panda is just ripping people off. But somehow I find that really difficult to believe not impossible but just difficult. 🤷‍♂️

False

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Fantastic! I’ll purchase one from you guys whenever I finally get my Bronco 2.3 7MT, want it to run as cleanly as possible for as long as possible. With the thought you guys are putting into install and fitment, well worth the money.

Sponsored

1st4rd

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crosstrek, Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is an excellent article I found on the Ranger forum that goes over why catch cans are not really needed on modern DI engines (except in some that are race-tuned and "loose"). Also goes into why this can be a bad idea to add to a well designed modern DI engine.

https://www.stratifiedauto.com/blog/understanding-your-pcv-system-upgrades-and-catch-cans/

some Ranger engines include an air/oil separator. I don’t know if they all do but that has the same effect as a catch can.
Ford fixed the problem... newer engines you don't need this... do some research on it...

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well if that statement is true then I guess panda is just ripping people off. But somehow I find that really difficult to believe not impossible but just difficult. 🤷‍♂️
Lots of things out there that once we need… no longer are needed…. Ford fixed the problem… just like the leaking oil pans… people only go on what they heard once and don’t research later facts…

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does yours do vacuum and boost?

jjack50

Black Diamond
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW Jetta TDI, 2016 F350 4WD Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

MattyAg

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How often do you need to empty/clean the catch?
Sponsored