Sponsored

Panda Motorworks Catch Can Kit Prototype Headed to Production!

Mitch Panda Motorworks

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pandamotorworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2014 Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We have finalized the design of our Catch Can kit for the 2.3L and it is headed to production! Front and center, this is an essential piece for your engine bay that functions as great as it looks! (pictured is the prototype)

Ford Bronco Panda Motorworks Catch Can Kit Prototype Headed to Production! Resized_Resized_20210723_133814

Why do I need a catch can?

The main purpose of a catch can is to keep components of your turbocharged vehicle's engine clean and running the way it should. EcoBoost motors are known for creating excessive "blow by", and a catch can helps capture that blow by and prevents it from returning to your engine where it can build up and cause problems long term if not addressed. The build up can happen in places such as your intake manifold, intake valves, intercooler, and the intake itself. Excessive blow by build up can lead to problems such as clogged sensors, restricted air flow, and poor idling, all of which can hinder performance and reliability.

Ford Bronco Panda Motorworks Catch Can Kit Prototype Headed to Production! IMG_9198

What is "Blow By"?

Blow By is the by-product of modern combustion and contains a mixture of oil vapors, water vapors, and unburnt fuel. When mixed together, with the help of high temperatures, the result is a nasty sludge. Definitely not something you want in your engine!

Ford Bronco Panda Motorworks Catch Can Kit Prototype Headed to Production! catchcanliquid

What's included in the Kit?

We only used the finest components available to bring you this top of the line catch can kit! For starters, we use a high-quality Radium Engineering PCV Catch Can. We have been using Radium Catch Cans on various applications throughout the years, and they stand alone compared to the competition. The kit also utilizes custom hoses with OEM grade quick-release fittings and other Vibrant fittings to make installation a breeze!

Ford Bronco Panda Motorworks Catch Can Kit Prototype Headed to Production! Resized_Resized_20210723_141844

We are excited to bring this new product to market, and as soon as our pre-production kit has been finalized we will open up a pre-order for members of the forum! We are shooting for a price point around the $250 mark for these kits. At Panda Motorworks, we stand behind our products as we strive to offer the highest quality parts at the lowest possible price!

If you have any other questions, feel free reply to this thread or reach out to @chris@pandamotorworks or myself for further assistance!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We have finalized the design of our Catch Can kit for the 2.3L and it is headed to production! Front and center, this is an essential piece for your engine bay that functions as great as it looks! (pictured is the prototype)

Ford Bronco Panda Motorworks Catch Can Kit Prototype Headed to Production! Resized_Resized_20210723_141844

Why do I need a catch can?

The main purpose of a catch can is to keep components of your turbocharged vehicle's engine clean and running the way it should. EcoBoost motors are known for creating excessive "blow by", and a catch can helps capture that blow by and prevents it from returning to your engine where it can build up and cause problems long term if not addressed. The build up can happen in places such as your intake manifold, intake valves, intercooler, and the intake itself. Excessive blow by build up can lead to problems such as clogged sensors, restricted air flow, and poor idling, all of which can hinder performance and reliability.

What is "Blow By"?

Blow By is the by-product of modern combustion and contains a mixture of oil vapors, water vapors, and unburnt fuel. When mixed together, with the help of high temperatures, the result is a nasty sludge. Definitely not something you want in your engine!

We only used the finest components available to bring you this top of the line catch can kit! For starters, we use a high-quality Radium Engineering PCV Catch Can. We have been using Radium Catch Cans on various applications throughout the years, and they stand alone compared to the competition. The kit also utilizes custom hoses with OEM grade quick-release fittings and other Vibrant fittings to make installation a breeze!

We are excited to bring this new product to market, and as soon as our pre-production kit has been finalized we will open up a pre-order for members of the forum! We are shooting for a price point around the $250 mark for these kits. At Panda Motorworks, we stand behind our products as we strive to offer the highest quality parts at the lowest possible price!

If you have any other questions, feel free reply to this thread or reach out to @chris@pandamotorworks or myself for further assistance!
Will you be offering something for the 2.7?

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Any release date for one for the 2.7?

OP
OP
Mitch Panda Motorworks

Mitch Panda Motorworks

Outer Banks
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pandamotorworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2014 Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Will you be offering something for the 2.7?
We do plan on offering a kit for the 2.7L, just need to do the R&D to get there!

Sponsored

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So is it just a bracket and fittings for the Radium Engineering catch can? (not trying to be rude, want to know why it doesn't work with 2.7)

chris@pandamotorworks

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F250, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So is it just a bracket and fittings for the Radium Engineering catch can? (not trying to be rude, want to know why it doesn't work with 2.7)
The bracket and lines are made for the 2.3 engine.

evilletruck

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why don't the vehicle manufacturers install these from the factory? I have been noticing many on here talk about the need for them across several vehicle makes and models.

I am not trying to be a smart ass. This seems to be the first modification to some turbo engines.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ford Bronco Panda Motorworks Catch Can Kit Prototype Headed to Production! killian

So I want to be sure i'm understanding what you're selling here as the catch can will be the first modification on my 2.3/MT Bronco...

The Panda Motorworks catch can solution is a standard Radium Engineering catch can, but with bracketing, hoses and factory-compliant clips/clamps that you have designed and manufactured to make a true plug & play setup?

Also: Will your kits be including the petcock valve and draining hoses?

This is not a bad thing, Radium Eng. makes high quality catch cans, usually combining sintered brass filters and billet baffling, and OEM clips are never cheap.

I just want to understand exactly what it is that you are making/selling here as the $250 entry price is about a hundo over getting a standard single universal catch can from Radium.

Good question, I wondered some of the same.

FWIW, generally speaking, you're going to need the OEM clips and clamps to fit with the factory intercooler piping and what not, these days it's not just some worm clamps. They really add up in cost quite quickly.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Interested! Sending an email now.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Why don't the vehicle manufacturers install these from the factory? I have been noticing many on here talk about the need for them across several vehicle makes and models.

I am not trying to be a smart ass. This seems to be the first modification to some turbo engines.
I'm far from an expert on these, but one idea may be that catch cans require maintenance or they become problematic. So burning a little bit of sludge all throughout the lifetime, versus risking a customer not emptying a catch can and having all that sludge accumulate maybe a liability.
Sponsored