First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
curious how much different (in both sound and volume) the turbosmart dual port BOV would sound on the 2.3?

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I took advantage of the 50% off t shirt deal mitch was offering and slapped this on this morning for a coffee run. It put a grin on my face. No codes, all is fine in the world.

Like he said, you can find your own plug, he just made it easy with one thats quality and fits, and did'nt claim it was any more or less than it was, a plug and a ziptie for 5 bucks.

anyways.....
PSSSSHHHHHHHHH

(because it makes the little boy inside smile)

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

New diy 15 second video.

Sponsored

mhorvath1218

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One of the best things about owning a turbocharged vehicle is hearing the turbo! In stock form, you can faintly hear the turbo on the 2.3L. If you're a fan of the turbo blow off valve "Whoosh", but don't want to break the bank than this thread is for you! The factory bypass valve recirculates back into the intake box to minimize the "Whoosh". With our kit, you are simply disconnecting the recirc tube and capping off the port on the airbox allowing the bypass valve venting to atmosphere resulting in the turbo whoosh! We sell the kit for only $5, so it is a risk-free option to see if you like the turbo noise and potentially upgrade to an aftermarket blow off valve in the future!

Grab yours today by following this link---> https://www.pandamotorworks.com/products/panda-motorworks-bpv-delete-kit-ford-bronco

Now that we've discussed what the BPV Delete kit does, let's hop into installation! You can follow the step by step instructions below to see how truly simple installation is.

Tools Needed:
-Pliers
-Sidecutters
-Flashlight

Estimated installation time: 5-10 minutes

Step 1: Remove hose clamp from Bypass Valve

Ford Bronco Panda Motorworks Ford Bronco BPV Delete Kit trim.723C4AD8-2A31-4AD7-99AD-195E6474AE12.MOV

Step 2: Pull hose off Bypass Valve
Ford Bronco Panda Motorworks Ford Bronco BPV Delete Kit trim.723C4AD8-2A31-4AD7-99AD-195E6474AE12.MOV

Step 3: Follow recirc hose to airbox connection

Step 4: Use pliers to remove hose clamp

Step 5: Pull recirc hose off airbox connection and remove entirely

Step 6: Take provided cap and install on airbox connection

Step 7: Take provided cable tie and lasso

Step 8: Install lasso'd cable tie around the cap and pull tight to ensure a secure connection

Step 9: Use sidecutters to trim excess cable tie

Step 10: Put tools away, and enjoy!

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I’m having a hard time figuring out the difference between this $5 piece and a more expensive BOV like the turbosmart or boomba or any other the other ones on the market. Dont they all just redirect air pressure to vent to atmosphere? What would be the benefit of purchasing one of the more expensive ones out there instead of this?

Caleb@PandaMotorworks

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I’m having a hard time figuring out the difference between this $5 piece and a more expensive BOV like the turbosmart or boomba or any other the other ones on the market. Dont they all just redirect air pressure to vent to atmosphere? What would be the benefit of purchasing one of the more expensive ones out there instead of this?
Our BPV Delete kit offers no performance benefits at all, it is purely for sound. An actual blow off valve such as the Turbosmart offers unique boost balance technology as well its positive seal O-Ring. What that does is give you increased boost building characteristics, it is going to hold boost better, and give you a snappier throttle response.

So, it all depends what you are looking for. If you only are considering one of these options just to get the classic "woosh" sounds, then our $5 BPV delete kit will work great. If you want the performance benefits as well as the "woosh" sounds, then you will need to go with an actual blow off valve.

mhorvath1218

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Our BPV Delete kit offers no performance benefits at all, it is purely for sound. An actual blow off valve such as the Turbosmart offers unique boost balance technology as well its positive seal O-Ring. What that does is give you increased boost building characteristics, it is going to hold boost better, and give you a snappier throttle response.

So, it all depends what you are looking for. If you only are considering one of these options just to get the classic "woosh" sounds, then our $5 BPV delete kit will work great. If you want the performance benefits as well as the "woosh" sounds, then you will need to go with an actual blow off valve.
Thanks Caleb, that makes sense about the turbosmart. I guess I should have clarified, i meant how does your delete compare to products like this one at lethal performance. Seems to just be a vented spacer.

Caleb@PandaMotorworks

Outer Banks
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks Caleb, that makes sense about the turbosmart. I guess I should have clarified, i meant how does your delete compare to products like this one at lethal performance. Seems to just be a vented spacer.
Both have the same purpose, just sound, no performance benefit. One is plastic, one is aluminum. One is $5, one is $99. Some people may prefer to have an actual aluminum, bolt on part, rather than our plastic cap and tie which is more of a "hack" than a part.

The purpose of our BPV delete kits is just to give people a cheap option to get some cool turbo noises rather than paying $100+ for essentially the same effect.

mhorvath1218

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Both have the same purpose, just sound, no performance benefit. One is plastic, one is aluminum. One is $5, one is $99. Some people may prefer to have an actual aluminum, bolt on part, rather than our plastic cap and tie which is more of a "hack" than a part.

The purpose of our BPV delete kits is just to give people a cheap option to get some cool turbo noises rather than paying $100+ for essentially the same effect.
Got it. Thats what I thought. Thank you. Ordered one by the way. Figured itll be fun for $5

Sponsored

bronco100

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m going to be completely honest with you…all you really did was explain to everyone how easy it is to do this by themselves without buying your kit…I could buy that cap from a myriad of stores and save $4. Don’t shoot the messenger.
Tbh I don't think you can, I was curious about this a few weeks ago and looked around at a few auto parts store and on Amazon and no one carried a 7/8" silicone cap plug. I am curious why they went with a zip tie as opposed to a hose clamp though.

chris@pandamotorworks

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F250, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Tbh I don't think you can, I was curious about this a few weeks ago and looked around at a few auto parts store and on Amazon and no one carried a 7/8" silicone cap plug. I am curious why they went with a zip tie as opposed to a hose clamp though.

There are a few reasons we went with a Zip Tie over Hose Clamp.

1. This area is not under boost
2. Over torqueing the hose clamp could crack the intake
3. Cost

I hope this helps answer the question!

Thank you

Reactions: Cat