First Name
Janet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just ran up to the grocery store and came back out to a weird beep noise when I turned on the bronc. I was parked on a slight incline, but nothing that should have caused any issues. I didn’t smell anything weird. I have just over 200 miles on it. Anyone else see this?

Ford Bronco Park Brake System Overheated? 3904BA34-F54F-4016-8E53-ABCDF791ADBC
Sponsored

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's a new one

Brake is probably fine. BAd sensor or ground id suspect

Read in another thread they couldn't release the brake

I never use my parking brake whether auto or stick unless steep incline. That aside, it needs to work when you wan't it

OP
OP
eurydice_96

eurydice_96

Badlands
First Name
Janet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's a new one

Brake is probably fine. BAd sensor or ground id suspect

Read in another thread they couldn't release the brake

I never use my parking brake whether auto or stick unless steep incline. That aside, it needs to work when you wan't it
When I got back in tonight, it had this error.
Ford Bronco Park Brake System Overheated? 9FAB7C57-39ED-4770-9730-EA7FFF4C7ABA

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
At least it's not locked up. I wouldn't use it if you don't have to. Have fun at the dealer, at least it's a free trip.

I'm unsure how the electronic e-brake works, but my brain says maybe the limiter isn't calibrated so the ebrake doesn't know when to stop, so it keeps working and overheats

Someone else with experience would know more

Last edited:
OP
OP
eurydice_96

eurydice_96

Badlands
First Name
Janet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Talked to my sales guy today. He said it was due to an update being pushed out. He talked to the service advisor and said I shouldn't see it again. Fingers crossed! 🤞

Sponsored

Efudd

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At the Off-Rodeo, they drill into you that you should apply the foot brake, shift into Neutral, apply the parking brake, then release and hover your foot over the break, then shift into Park. While this makes sense with the parking brake pawl, I did this for two days and went back to Brake then 'P'. Too many steps otherwise.

OP
OP
eurydice_96

eurydice_96

Badlands
First Name
Janet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At the Off-Rodeo, they drill into you that you should apply the foot brake, shift into Neutral, apply the parking brake, then release and hover your foot over the break, then shift into Park. While this makes sense with the parking brake pawl, I did this for two days and went back to Brake then 'P'. Too many steps otherwise.
They made zero mention of parking brake funcationality at the Moab Off Roadeo.
My previous two Audis both had e-parking brakes. Wasn’t really rocket science operating them.

OP
OP
eurydice_96

eurydice_96

Badlands
First Name
Janet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They made zero mention of parking brake funcationality at the Moab Off Roadeo.
My previous two Audis both had e-parking brakes. Wasn’t really rocket science operating them.
That came out snarky. I just meant that I’ve never had any problems with an e-parking brake.

Efudd

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That came out snarky. I just meant that I’ve never had any problems with an e-parking brake.
Wasn't taken as snarky. Maybe the Nevada instructor was a part-time transmission mechanic. I've never had trouble with e-brakes either.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The point is simply to try not to put a bunch of pressure on the parking pin in the transmission.

Have you seen those people that slam their car and park and take their foot off the brake and you can see the car bounce.. that pin can sheer off.

The key is to keep your foot on the brake when you place the vehicle in park and apply the e-brake. When you let off your foot break the vehicle should not move, And definitely not bounce on the parking pin.

That whole neutral first thing is way overkill... Unless they know some dark secret Ford is hiding about their weaker transmission.

Sponsored

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

First time using my ebrake I had a hard time getting it off haven’t used it since. Wait till it tells you look for passengers in the back seat when you shut it off I was like wtf. I had a 12pack of sprites on the floorboard behind the driver seat. 😆

JRod Ford

Black Diamond
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When I got back in tonight, it had this error.
Ford Bronco Park Brake System Overheated? 9FAB7C57-39ED-4770-9730-EA7FFF4C7ABA
Just had this happen to me a couple hours ago. I noticed it applied the brake right after I clicked OK. Seems back to normal now.

Hobbes

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had the exact same problem as the OP. Got the "overheated" warning and then got the "Service Required" warning. I took it to Ford for service and they cleared all the error codes and couldn't find anything wrong.

I just got home and noticed the tech wrote on the invoice "highly suspect vehicle being driven with parking brake on causing overheating issue" :rolleyes: Give me a break. I've been driving for 35 years, probably longer than the technician has been alive, and I know how to drive, and I would know (within 3 seconds) if I was attempting to drive with the brake on.
Sponsored