First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco 351W
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My Parking Brake indicator does not illuminate any more when activated, but does illuminate on initial startup/key on during the dash light test. Any ideas where I can re-enable this?? The Parking Brake itself appears to be functioning normally when manually activated / deactivated, just no more dash light
Sponsored

OP
OP
BlueBoy

BlueBoy

First Edition
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco 351W
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
UPDATE: So far, my Bronco has been to the dealership 3 times for this issue.
  • The first time they did the Child Safety Lock recall and weren't able to figure out the dash light.
  • Second time they had it for a couple days, unplugged something in the passenger footwell to inspect/re-connect, and reset a code related to the ABS module. Stated it was fixed. I got to dealership and checked before I left and it still wasn't working. Had to re-schedule another appointment
  • Third time they had it for 2 weeks and had me in a loaner vehicle so they could consult with Ford engineers. Determined it is a faulty ABS module which they ordered and I am scheduled to go back Jan 2, 2023 for the install. I got my Bronco back so I could enjoy it, taking it to the fresh snow in the Sierras this last Saturday. Hoping the ABS module replacement will fix it, I'll keep you guys posted
NOTE: Parking brake still works fine and you can hear it engage but now knowing it could be the ABS module, it should work for a $65000 vehicle