Sponsored

Parking Garages- Overall height With Lift?

Karter01

Outer Banks
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 KR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey guys,

Just curious to see if anyone can measure for me who has a 2” lift already done. Getting an OBX and throwing a lift w/ 35’s. Curious to see what kind of parking garages I can get in to? My wrangler on this set up was good almost everywhere, not sure how different this will be?

Thanks a lot
Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can't imagine you'd have that much of an issue considering my F150 has 6" lift with 35s and I fit in almost all parking garages. I can even pull into my garage that has a 7' door (but can only pull in the one side w/ a 0.25" to spare lol).

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
First edition, which has sasquatch standard is 73" tall. I take that to be the tallest stock configuration, without roof racks.

most any public garage will have a MINIMUM of 7' (84") of clearance, its rare to see one that low, but if your over 7' you should probably pay attention.

So that leaves 11" to spare. a 2" lift and 2" of wheel (which is 1" of ride height) would be no problem.

Your unlikely to have any issues with any mainstream lift, even up to 39's; your bigger concern would be roof mounted stuff. put a roof rack and lay a 9" wide mudder up there or some vertical jerry cans, and you can probably tip over 7' quick enough. Again... would still fit in most garages, but not "all".

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

First edition, which has sasquatch standard is 73" tall. I take that to be the tallest stock configuration, without roof racks.

most any public garage will have a MINIMUM of 7' (84") of clearance, its rare to see one that low, but if your over 7' you should probably pay attention.

So that leaves 11" to spare. a 2" lift and 2" of wheel (which is 1" of ride height) would be no problem.

Your unlikely to have any issues with any mainstream lift, even up to 39's; your bigger concern would be roof mounted stuff. put a roof rack and lay a 9" wide mudder up there or some vertical jerry cans, and you can probably tip over 7' quick enough. Again... would still fit in most garages, but not "all".
I'm Not so confident about that 7 foot nomber, two recent garages I was just in, Jacksonville & Charleston, 6'5" and barely got my F-150 in!

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm Not so confident about that 7 foot nomber, two recent garages I was just in, Jacksonville & Charleston, 6'5" and barely got my F-150 in!
definitely cannot speak for ALL garages, especially older ones. but the building code demands 7' clearance for a modern parking structure. higher for ADA access compliance I think, but you cant bank on that being the case if they have other ADA parking.

everything is true, until it isnt.

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

definitely cannot speak for ALL garages, especially older ones. but the building code demands 7' clearance for a modern parking structure. higher for ADA access compliance I think, but you cant bank on that being the case if they have other ADA parking.

everything is true, until it isnt.
Good to know 7' is the new standard! It should be!

Jp215

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’ve had come close one in old city in Philly, Atlantic City and in Baltimore but never encountered one I didn’t fit in with my f150 with a 2 inch lift and 35 inch tires

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Eh, that assumption will get a roof sheared off right quick around here. My garage entrance is only 6'5" and the one next door is only 6'3". Lots of similar garages nearby.
Sponsored