First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 XTERRA '16 SUPER DUTY '18 EQUINOX DIESEL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Haven't tried yet but have heard this works to keep birds out of sheds. They fly in just below eaves. Monofilament fish line hung down 2'. They can't see and scares them and since they can't see it, will not fly under. DON'T loop it as it could snag on stuff.
Sponsored

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the soft cockpit option is the route that I will go...

BC33

Big Bend
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I would think it would be just as easy to pull the top over as it would to get something to cover it. You probably would even have to latch it.

OP
OP
88to21bronco

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I would think it would be just as easy to pull the top over as it would to get something to cover it. You probably would even have to latch it.
Except when the windows are out of the soft top and/or the doors are off. It takes several minutes to put the windows back in (at least so far...). And the doors require effort, time and care to reinstall as well.

Could I do this every night? Probably. Will I/do I want to? No.

Sponsored

BC33

Big Bend
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Except when the windows are out of the soft top and/or the doors are off. It takes several minutes to put the windows back in (at least so far...). And the doors require effort, time and care to reinstall as well.

Could I do this every night? Probably. Will I/do I want to? No.
I leave the back and side windows out on my Jeep and just pull the top over. It keeps the birds from craping on the seats and they don’t fly under the roof to hang out. I don’t take the doors off but I can’t imagine it would make much difference for the birds.

OP
OP
88to21bronco

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My garage has space for it. No birds or cats. Fully enclosed. Thought I would offer.đź‘Ť
Very altruistic of you, I must say!

Actually, I have two shops each with a garage door. But one has a pool table occupying the space inside the door, and the other is a wood shop. Saw dust isn't any more appealing than bird poop.

BTomorama

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah, i will most likely be buying a cover for this very reason. I want to keep that top off as much as possible!

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

one of the many reasons I'm getting the soft top, now that they will include the wiring for eventual hard top.
Park, get out, flip forward, go to bed. Clean car in the morning. I also have very messy eucalyptus trees, don't want that crap in there either. (though I might have removed those before my Bronco ever shows up)

In your case I'd try some of the suggestions to keep the birds from roosting in your car port, start with simple strips of silver mylar, just buy one of those emergency blankets and cut it into strips. If that doesn't work, block the area with chicken wire.

And if you don't mind to share it, I'd be curious to see a photo of your 1901 farm house! And I'm very jealous of your barn with a pool table in it!

Sponsored

JW55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Didn’t really have a problem overnights with my blazer tops off, but I also didn’t park under trees. You still get the random poop hits, but cats were more of an issue. Let a tomcat get in there and mark his territory and you will leave the top off for awhile. I guess the cat would keep the birds out though. Carport will probably be fine with top down
It's not just tomcats. My next door neighbor left the windows down in a rarely used pickup and 2 weeks later found a litter of kittens in the passenger floorboard.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Serious answer, pellet rifle, bird spikes, chicken wire.

No reason to allow wildlive to live in your carport. Seal up the roof beams so they don't have a place to roost/nest.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Welcome to a thread where I am certain to get a ton of witty quips but *hopefully* some practical suggestions as well. I went to park the Bronco in our carport last night and had every intention of keeping the top down. But then my wife pointed out, "You know there are birds in there, right?" The thought of coming out today to a poop-fest in the Bronco was less than appetizing.

So what have any on here done who have Jeeps? I don't really want to put the doors/roof back on every night in the middle of the summer.

Thanks in advance for your attempts at standup comedy ;)
A friend of mine tried this around his pool area where birds shat all day long .... it works great ..... apparently birds don't go near anywhere they see a dead bird at! BUT you have to sell it to the wife too ... :LOL:

https://www.amazon.com/Zilin-Realis...ocphy=9030095&hvtargid=pla-996021874224&psc=1

RonM0710

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge; Suz. XL7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you only take top down to the first position, you can just pull back up & latch it. Then roll up the windows. Easy Peazy.

OP
OP
88to21bronco

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you only take top down to the first position, you can just pull back up & latch it. Then roll up the windows. Easy Peazy.
I do that most days. But if I want to take the doors off...
Sponsored