Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does anyone have the part number for DS visor with homelink remote?

Trying to decide whether to just buy the whole thing or just order one of these

Or even do this like another forum member did.
Sponsored

JohnnyX

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm thinking of replacing the mirror instead of the visor. Not sure if it will fit with the front facing camera though... I also need to check if Homelink will work with my Chamberlain Garage Door (it has MyQ).

I've seen the other thread. The Carplay app is slick, but I also need to open a HOA gate where only short range RF will work (no Wifi). I'm willing to buy the homelink RF receiver for the HOA gate controller, but hoping I don't need to for my garage door opener.

Has anyone with a front facing camera swapped out the mirror? Will it fit? Will I need to change the mirror connector?

OP
OP
j_anderson

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Obtained from another forum member. Placed order today!

Visor Assembly W/Garage Opener
M2DZ-7804105-CA

Sponsored
OP
OP
j_anderson

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is the sunvisor all that you need for homelink to work?
You’d just have to wire it to a power source. The mirror has a powered light. That would be the easiest source to tap. However, I’m going to dive in and see if I can find a keyed power source so it will only work on key or RAP power. Don’t want someone to have access to my garage simply by breaking in

Curious to know if the factory homelink is powered at all times or not. If anyone who has this option can confirm.

JohnnyX

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You’d just have to wire it to a power source. The mirror has a powered light. That would be the easiest source to tap. However, I’m going to dive in and see if I can find a keyed power source so it will only work on key or RAP power. Don’t want someone to have access to my garage simply by breaking in

Curious to know if the factory homelink is powered at all times or not. If anyone who has this option can confirm.
I'm sure it is an asy feed that turns off. You could check by observing the existing visor mirror light. Please post pictures and videos. Very interested in how this goes. What did you pay for the new assembly?

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I wonder if the pigtail is just chilling inside the headliner....

OP
OP
j_anderson

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm sure it is an asy feed that turns off. You could check by observing the existing visor mirror light. Please post pictures and videos. Very interested in how this goes. What did you pay for the new assembly?
The visor mirror light remains powered with vehicle off.

I paid $330 for the new one. I was going to just buy the actual remote from Amazon and put it in my existing visor but the Bronco visors are plastic with the two halves molded together. To install a remote youd have to cut the visor in half install then somehow re-glue. I dont think the finished product would look very nice. The other option was a console installed module. I didn’t want to go that route either. I want to use the spot on my console for future trailer brake module adjuster.

Hoping to find the connector tucked away up there for an easy install.

Last edited:
OP
OP
j_anderson

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored

JohnnyX

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The visor mirror light remains powered with vehicle off.

I paid $330 for the new one. I was going to just buy the actual remote from Amazon and put it in my existing visor but the Bronco visors are plastic with the two halves molded together. To install a remote youd have to cut the visor in half install then somehow re-glue. I dont think the finished product would look very nice. The other option was a console installed module. I didn’t want to go that route either. I want to use the spot on my console for future trailer brake module adjuster.

Hoping to find the connector tucked away up there for an easy install.
Is the visor that you ordered for the Bronco (Lux package?) or another vehicle?

OP
OP
j_anderson

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is the visor that you ordered for the Bronco (Lux package?) or another vehicle?
Yes. It’s the visor from the lux package

OP
OP
j_anderson

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If it’s like my mustang the connector for mirror light is the same. It was plug and play and everything works.
That would be awesome! I’m hoping thats the case

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From the service manual:

The universal transmitter and LH vanity mirror lamp are part of the LH sun visor and share the same power and ground circuits.

They are on the Battery Saver Relay so in theory they do lose power after 30 minutes according to that but also it defines when the 30 minutes resets and a door opening is one trigger for them to come back on so a break in wouldn't help you there. To rewire it to a keyed source would involve wiring it all the way back to a source elsewhere, it is spliced into the harness that feeds the overhead console for power and I don't think anything else is switched.

The closest thing would be the Upfitter which is on the Accessory Delay Relay and would have power after keying off for up to 10 minutes or the door is opened, whichever comes first. After that it would no longer have power until keyed up again.

I've attached diagrams below.

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG
This is great information, albeit perhaps over my head as I don’t have experience in this area, so thank you! My concern would be the security if it has power after the door is opened. What are your thoughts on replacing the rear view mirror with one that has the homelink built in instead?
Sponsored