Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just removed a TwistedShifters shifter that I put on my 7MT 5 months ago and when I did the adapter did not come off and therefore I can’t get to the factory screw/bolt that goes on top. Any help? TIA!!! @flip
Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The adapter has a little set screw on the side that you'll have to loosen for it to pop off. Did you keep the Allen wrench they shipped with or the directions, I can scan mine if you need them.

OP
OP
smonroe11

smonroe11

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The adapter has a little set screw on the side that you'll have to loosen for it to pop off. Did you keep the Allen wrench they shipped with or the directions, I can scan mine if you need them.
I am looking for the screw size that is under the plastic top on the original shifter knob.

I changed out the factory knob with a twisted Shifterz knob that reuses the factory screw and an adapter. My factory screw is now stuck between the twisted shifterz knob and the adapter they provide as the little set-screw sheered off when I removed the knob. I probably used too much loc-tite 5 months ago when I installed it.

I’m trying to install a new knob.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I am looking for the screw size that is under the plastic top on the original shifter knob.

I changed out the factory knob with a twisted Shifterz knob that reuses the factory screw and an adapter. My factory screw is now stuck between the twisted shifterz knob and the adapter they provide as the little set-screw sheered off when I removed the knob. I probably used too much loc-tite 5 months ago when I installed it.

I’m trying to install a new knob.
I have the TS knob and adapter too, trying to figure out what you're talking about. Did you get the knob off or is that's what is stuck?

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the TS knob and adapter too, trying to figure out what you're talking about. Did you get the knob off or is that's what is stuck?
AH... I think I figured it out.

The TS knob is stuck on the adapter. He was able to get the knob with the adapter off, by shearing the set screw that held the adapter in a specific position, but he can't get the factory retaining screw since the knob is still physically attached to the adapter. Don't have the TS knobs myself so not sure if that's even possible or makes sense, but if that's not what is happening I am very confused.

Anyway... I think he is looking for the following (red arrow):

Ford Bronco Part number request 1696730394635

From what I can see, that screw is only available within the complete shifter assembly (MB3Z-7210-P). Doesn't look like you can get JUST that screw, but I'm not on a machine that has full access to the parts system/service manual right now, so could be wrong.

To be honest... hardware store will be most cost effective anyway. If I recall correctly it has an M3 hex head on it, which probably means it's an M5 x 0.8 flanged button-head screw. Someone can double check me if they wish. But I can get that at my local hardware store for around 25¢... so even if I'm wrong not that big of an investment.

OP
OP
smonroe11

smonroe11

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

AH... I think I figured it out.

The TS knob is stuck on the adapter. He was able to get the knob with the adapter off, by shearing the set screw that held the adapter in a specific position, but he can't get the factory retaining screw since the knob is still physically attached to the adapter. Don't have the TS knobs myself so not sure if that's even possible or makes sense, but if that's not what is happening I am very confused.

Anyway... I think he is looking for the following (red arrow):

Ford Bronco Part number request 1696730394635

From what I can see, that screw is only available within the complete shifter assembly (MB3Z-7210-P). Doesn't look like you can get JUST that screw, but I'm not on a machine that has full access to the parts system/service manual right now, so could be wrong.

To be honest... hardware store will be most cost effective anyway. If I recall correctly it has an M3 hex head on it, which probably means it's an M5 x 0.8 flanged button-head screw. Someone can double check me if they wish. But I can get that at my local hardware store for around 25¢... so even if I'm wrong not that big of an investment.
You got it!!! It was hard to describe. 😂 I found a screw in my screw pile and was able to attached the new TS knob. Thanks for the effort guys! I put significantly less loc-tite on this one. 😉
Sponsored