First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm probably over thinking this but I'll be moving my tools in and out of the back of my Bronco every day and may want to delete the spare for daily use.

For Jeep owners, are the aftermarket rear bumpers with spare tire carrier easily removable? Meaning, for road trips I could quickly lower the spare and spare tire carrier into its slot in the bumper and I can be on my way? It would be nice to be able to easily transition from spare tire delete to regular and back. Thanks.
Sponsored

mrcx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not any of the ones I've had. They were to take the weight of 35-37" tires off the rear gate and ran through the bumper and bolted to the frame.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you’re talking about removing the entire swing gate (aka tire carrier) from an aftermarket bumper that’s a negative my friend. Based on my experience with my Tacoma, and all aftermarket bumpers I’ve encountered that would be a PITA. While they do technically come apart this is not something I’d recommend you do for fun. Plus why would you ever want to be without a spare tire? I’ve picked up more nails driving around town than I’ve punctuated tires in the backcountry. Good luck!

PEACE
Sponsored