Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I can tell you every single warranty claim ran through my dealership is 100% on Ford to approve or deny. We digital imagine everything and send directly to Ford. It’s not a dealership call. Ford Motor Company is the one who warranties their products, NOT the dealership.

Dealerships are like Best Buy and Walmart that sell Vizio TV’s. You don’t file warranty claim to Best Buy or Walmart but to Vizio itself. Vizio will either repair/replace or say sorry bud it’s not covered!

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/...ck-Warranty-version-2_frdwa_EN-US_12_2019.pdf
I do multiple warranty repairs every single day, never take pictures unless it’s prior approval like I said. There’s absolutely no need too. Been that way for every dealership I’ve ever worked at. And regardless of what you say, the dealership DOES determine warranty coverage. Ford can decide to deny the repair after the fact, but it’s up to the dealership to determine the original coverage. Which is why technicians have a part coverage tool. Here’s a screenshot directly from Fords website.
Ford Bronco Passenger Mirror Melting, Hard Top Bubbling... Ford will Warranty 60B17483-1A74-435C-B041-E8FEBB86640E
Sponsored

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Beings you are located in Houston, I would guess that you are possibly getting some indirect sunlight/reflection off of something with reflective windows. I saw another thread on something similar a while back. It might be more of an insurance claim than a warranty claim.

Ford Bronco Passenger Mirror Melting, Hard Top Bubbling... Ford will Warranty 60B17483-1A74-435C-B041-E8FEBB86640E
That's what it looks like to me too. It could happen parked anywhere. Work, etc. Not as bad as that round Masi window I remember, it would burn the interior of your car. That or crazy radio waves coking your car.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
looks like you got near a high heat source. What are the chances that your hard top is bubbling and your mirrors looks melted?

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can tell you every single warranty claim ran through my dealership is 100% on Ford to approve or deny. We digital imagine everything and send directly to Ford. It’s not a dealership call. Ford Motor Company is the one who warranties their products, NOT the dealership.

Dealerships are like Best Buy and Walmart that sell Vizio TV’s. You don’t file warranty claim to Best Buy or Walmart but to Vizio itself. Vizio will either repair/replace or say sorry bud it’s not covered!

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/...ck-Warranty-version-2_frdwa_EN-US_12_2019.pdf
Not questioning you on this point but please explain how your service department handles this. If I'm reading this literally, you get approval for every warranty repair, from someone at Ford, who gives you an authorization number, prior to doing the work and submitting the claim?

The master dealer agreement basically states we will administer warranty repairs on behalf of Ford and that the claims we are submitting are legitimate. Now, there's a lot of other stuff involve here some being different Ford programs like DI and internal dealer policies and procedures. It is the dealers responsibility to determine if a problem falls within the warranty time/mileage limits, FSA, extended coverage period and is a defect in workmanship or materials. How each dealer does this may be slightly different but the fundamentals of determining coverage, isn't.

Technically, it is Ford's money we are spending but they are authorizing the dealer, who can designate this authority to others (service advisors, service manager, warranty admin, parts and service director) to make the call on their behalf. If a claim get's kicked back for a repair not being done per the WSM, not using OTU parts or poor story, it's on the dealer.

Just curious how your service department is doing this as it's the first time I've heard of getting pre approval on every company paid repairs. By chance did you just go through an audit?

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like your rear window hinge cover is warped too....

Not saying it should be happening, but it 100% looks like you're getting that thing in some serious heat somehow and melting it.

As for the honeycomb, that's pretty much normal.
It's called Texas.

Sponsored

T Copp

Raptor
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yikes.

Theowlhoothoot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model 3 Performance
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

On phone right now w/ Ford Customer Care.
Will upload photos tonight but curious if anyone else is seeing some of these issues.
1. The passenger mirror looks like it's shrinking due to heat. It's literally pulling away from itself and you can see a heat line.
2. The hard top is starting to have ridges surface on corners
3. The hard top is starting to honeycomb

Took delivery in early November. 5k miles.
These issues started appearing within the last 6-8 weeks.

Took to my dealer (very nice) - they took pictures and sent them to the local service lead for the region. They said, oh, must be chemical reaction (to which I haven't done anything to the top/mirrors).

Blargh...

Have you taken your car through any type of touchless car wash?

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Curious on the top...is it MIC 1.0 or 2.0? Honeycomb isn't out of the ordinary but this is the first I've seen with blisters.

Sponsored

FrankenRodz

Base
First Name
sheldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base 2 - Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Same thing with my Nissan Frontier!
It’s parked in a garage at work and home. Nissan said Dealer determines if it’s a warranty issue.
I bought a replacement from Nissan, and it happened again a few days later.
Cheap POS plastic!
Trying an aftermarket one next.

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've got the windshield cowl warping issue.

Brockdog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST-Line
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm in Dallas, it gets a little hot here in the summer. :cool: I'll keep an eye out on mine, so far so good though. I did have dash warp in my 2015 F150 and D pillar crack on my 2010 Flex.

broncomorrow

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Glad I ran across this thread - just noticed my windshield cowl was warped today as well. No reflections that I’m aware of, just direct sunlight while sitting in the driveway. Looks like I”ll be contacting the dealership. Has anyone had any luck with the dealerships on this issue yet?
Ford Bronco Passenger Mirror Melting, Hard Top Bubbling... Ford will Warranty 5C302619-D0CF-4BC6-92DC-5BF79687A26D

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Stay pumped about the new Bronco, masterfully designed to be an amazing off road vehicle. And worthy successor to the ones who came before it!

BTW it melts in sunlight.......
Sponsored