First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 TDI Sportwagen
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ask because I plan to not have my doors off 90% of time but I spend my summers in NY state where it’s not legal below 70% and my winters in FL where tinted windows would be nice to keep out the heat should I want/need the top on.

Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I've thought about keeping a set of clear windows around to swap out every time I get a ticket. Windows in the RS turned out to be too much of a pain to remove compared to some older vehicles i have.

Wonder what the Bronco will be like.

I'd love to show up at the trooper station for a tint fix it ticket with no doors on though ?. I love that idea.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In MA I get my Jeep inspected in summer time, and my doors aren’t on.

As long as I’ve got mirrors on it (not an issue with the Bronco) they’ve never given me any gruff.

Another forum member from MA reported not being able to pass without the doors present...

So, to answer your question: Maybe?

OP
OP
DGTUX20

DGTUX20

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 TDI Sportwagen
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In MA I get my Jeep inspected in summer time, and my doors aren’t on.

As long as I’ve got mirrors on it (not an issue with the Bronco) they’ve never given me any gruff.

Another forum member from MA reported not being able to pass without the doors present...

So, to answer your question: Maybe?
How about the tube doors? Have planned on them since the initial black two door pics

Hjhof

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m in VA and my tint isn’t legal in my WRX (shocker!) and I haven’t had any issue with inspections.

OP
OP
DGTUX20

DGTUX20

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 TDI Sportwagen
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m in VA and my tint isn’t legal in my WRX (shocker!) and I haven’t had any issue with inspections.
NY is a different ballgame....same with NJ

NY is also every year:mad:

Sponsored

Jp215

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
In Pennsylvania for yearly state inspection I don’t remember any specific rule for the roof but all door must be on the car and functioning. Tint is illegal in pa and from my experience rarely enforced with out being stopped for something else. Tint was removed the list of items that fail with the exception of the windshield.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What is this thread about ? Who is inspecting your car ? Is this some sort of government thing , or this the dealer and a curtesy ? I’ve never heard of it.
Some states, in my case MA, you have to get a vehicle safety inspection every year. They check that all safety equipment is working as well as the integrity of tires, wheels, suspension components, exhaust/emissions, frame, and body.

You can make a case for it being government meddling, but it legitimately does keep a lot of dangerous jalopies off the street.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How about the tube doors? Have planned on them since the initial black two door pics
What state is your vehicle registered in?

It’s really going to come down to your state’s laws and regulations. If there is a law that says you have to have doors, tube does will probably fit the bill.

However if the law says the vehicle must be inspected with all original factory equipment, you might get some friction.

In MA, my experience is there are certain things that must be present (lights, fenders, etc).

But other things aren’t explicitly enumerated and only need to work or conform *if present*. A good example of this is vehicles with optional rear wipers. If it’s on the vehicle it has to work, if it’s not on the vehicle, who cares.

My Jeep doors have been treated like the latter at the place I get my inspections... can’t inspect what’s not there, and if there happens to be tint on the windows sitting at home, the percentage of light they allow through is between me and my God.
Sponsored

Last edited: