First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In Oklahoma we have no state inspections anymore, My F-150 has 5% over factory smoked windows with the windshield at 30%. Read your laws on window tint.
Sponsored

LSTLAF

First Name
Glort
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sphere shaped craft
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
In most states you can be pulled over for a 'pretextual' traffic stop for 'dark tinted windows', that is, reasonable suspicion that you have broken the law by tinting your windows too dark. Most, if not all, officers of the law now carry a window tint meter and test the light transmission through the tint and will write the violation during the stop.

mind you, most states have different laws about what percentage tint you can use, and what medical conditions might exempt you.

Once in CA, a CHP passed me and continued down I-505. He was at least a mile ahead of me when he began to slow, allowing me to pass...then pulled me over for the 'pretextual / suspicion" stop. Wrote me for dark tinted windows (a fixit ticket at the time) which required removal and sign-off at a local CHP office.

Now, just remember... you were pulled over for a pre-textual window tint stop....anything else the officer finds is fair game.

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Escape Hatch

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mk7 GTI, 19 Atlas SE w/ tech R Line V6 4 motion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Got a photo sensitivity waiver from my doctor, I can run 20% and tint a third of my windshield.

Sponsored

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
NY is a different ballgame....same with NJ

NY is also every year:mad:
Sounds like racket. In KS we only get inspected when we buy a car to get the first tag and that is mostly for a VIN check.

username1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In most states you can be pulled over for a 'pretextual' traffic stop for 'dark tinted windows', that is, reasonable suspicion that you have broken the law by tinting your windows too dark. Most, if not all, officers of the law now carry a window tint meter and test the light transmission through the tint and will write the violation during the stop.

mind you, most states have different laws about what percentage tint you can use, and what medical conditions might exempt you.

Once in CA, a CHP passed me and continued down I-505. He was at least a mile ahead of me when he began to slow, allowing me to pass...then pulled me over for the 'pretextual / suspicion" stop. Wrote me for dark tinted windows (a fixit ticket at the time) which required removal and sign-off at a local CHP office.

Now, just remember... you were pulled over for a pre-textual window tint stop....anything else the officer finds is fair game.
From personal experience CHP is the most petty about making stops for tint and front plate violations. I've been stopped once and a few friends and all were by CHP. I've been cited for front plate violations only from meter maids too.

I love that so many people violate the tint and front plate laws that it's a huge pain to enforce and becomes quasi-legal.

username1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You have a right to travel and move about freely.

The operation of a motor vehicle upon a public way, is a privilege regulated by law, to make sure only those who are old enough, healthy enough, and trust worthy enough, do it.

This isn’t just my opinion... it’s also the opinion of the United States Supreme Court. You can file any complaints with them.
Randy Marsh would not stand for inspections.

Ford Bronco Passing State Inspection - Tint Em0562C