indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
paying cash when 3 to 4 percent finance is easily had is a non starter...I'd rather earn my 8 to 12 percent then loose money trying to "stay debt free"
Given what's been occuring in the markets, I wonder how taking a car loan and investing the cash (instead of buying the car outright) is working for some folks? Are you guys still getting a 12% return?
Sponsored

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Given what's been occuring in the markets, I wonder how taking a car loan and investing the cash (instead of buying the car outright) is working for some folks? Are you guys still getting a 12% return?
Buy buy buy.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Buy buy buy.
I bought my car Jan 2nd. If I had gone for the loan and then bought bought bought, I probably wouldn't be all that thrilled now with the result.

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought my car Jan 2nd. If I had gone for the loan and then bought bought bought, I probably wouldn't be all that thrilled now with the result.
You wouldn't have lost anything unless you were trying to get in and out. Now is the time to buy and make huge returns.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
You wouldn't have lost anything unless you were trying to get in and out. Now is the time to buy and make huge returns.
I didn't lose anything, because I didn't buy two months before the market crashed, lol. And I have no car payment. Most people who get into trouble with debt schemes, probably didn't set out to get into trouble with debt schemes.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm saving up, so while I can't pay it off all at once, I can pay it off fast

MT/SFA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 F250 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
An interesting story on my 2019 F250, a little over a year ago I sold all my Boeing stock and paid cash for my F250. I bought Boeing at about $100 per share back in the great recession, I sold it at about $390. If I would have listened to people who say leave it in the market and get a loan don't give up your great return, I would have lost my ass. If I had the stock back today I couldn't buy a Fiat 500 from the proceeds of selling it.

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

An interesting story on my 2019 F250, a little over a year ago I sold all my Boeing stock and paid cash for my F250. I bought Boeing at about $100 per share back in the great recession, I sold it at about $390. If I would have listened to people who say leave it in the market and get a loan don't give up your great return, I would have lost my ass. If I had the stock back today I couldn't buy a Fiat 500 from the proceeds of selling it.
Certainly a time to buy and a time to sell, Boeing will be back up there again one day. MArkets are all about timing, risk and reward.

Sponsored

MT/SFA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 F250 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Certainly a time to buy and a time to sell, Boeing will be back up there again one day. MArkets are all about timing, risk and reward.
Exactly. I have faith in Boeing and I may buy back in. But they do have their share of problems right now.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What he said
Don't drink, smoke, not a buysexual, hardly buy video games, and did what I wanted with my truck, so other than essentials and mortgage, got nothing to do with the $$$ other than save or pay off quickly

SeventyOne

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 2014 Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Exactly. I have faith in Boeing and I may buy back in. But they do have their share of problems right now.
Yeah, those problems is what makes it a deal.
Bought some BA today at $115. I'm predicting $200 by end of year after MAX is certified and people are flying again.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, those problems is what makes it a deal.
Bought some BA today at $115. I'm predicting $200 by end of year after MAX is certified and people are flying again.
Will see. Boeing down this morning to $100 a share. Some airlines are trying to delay plane orders. Probably longer term you should be ok, but none of us have a crystal ball. A keen eyed day trader could make some cash in this market.
Sponsored