redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I will be selling my pick up to a family memeber and then finance though a credit union with 20% down payment in cash. I am more looking closer to the base model although if what ever model comes with 35s comes in less than 45 I will be getting that
I will probably end up with the same because I have a sneaky suspicion that the Warthog/ climber edition will have the 37's and be priced more like a Raptor. 'Otta my range. :( I was banking on the 35's being in the 30's with the 37's being in the 40's with the all-out Raptor being in the 55-60+ range.

I guess it all really boils down to how you can "package" one together to get what you want in the price range that you want. Like I have said before I'm sure the guy that wants a climber version will more than likely NOT want leather. and the guy that wants to cruise down the highway in style will not care if he has a transfer case lock or front locker in the diff.
Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

……………………………………...……………….. UNLESS there are actual limited edition models, like a Raptor version or whatever the hell Warthog is, LOL.

I heard it in here. Ford uses code names for their concept projects. ever heard of Daisy it was back when the first Bronco concept came out. google it.

built from Lincoln suspension parts.

BADASS !!!!!!!!!

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How about Petunia any takers on this one ?????

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

so when I see people typing Warthog and climber edition and secret crew working on side projects I can read between the lines and come up with the Warthog (code name) for a Bronco special edition. I could be totally wrong. Here is another one ……….. I do know that Ford used to do their ECM programming in Japanese to keep prying eyes at bay. I have seen shows on TV and the Ford guys said that's why they did it.

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

paying cash when 3 to 4 percent finance is easily had is a non starter...I'd rather earn my 8 to 12 percent then loose money trying to "stay debt free"

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
paying cash when 3 to 4 percent finance is easily had is a non starter...I'd rather earn my 8 to 12 percent then loose money trying to "stay debt free"
People try to rationalize debt when they want stuff, it can be a slippery slope for some. Folks mired in debt and monthly payments probably didn't plan that outcome. But if you have access to a guaranteed rate of return like that and follow through with your plan of investing the value of the vehicle and nothing goes wrong, then go for it.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

Just posted a week ago.
Yeah a $400 "VIN etching" cost magically appeared on my deal. I negotiated that down, to zero because I didn't want it, lol. Also I took a loan as part of negotiating the deal, but then paid it off afterwards.

While at the dealership, I witnessed some customers engaged in odd behaviors, and doing fiscally unsound things. Potential vehicle buyers should watch a lot of these videos before visiting a dealer.

Also I wonder if persons from other cultures, where negotiating the price of items is more the norm, might do better when buying a vehicle? It would be interesting to do a study of that - comparing the two groups against cost outcome.

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Paying cash for a cash is only beaten by 7+ % APR in terms of awful ideas

I’ll be financing. Won’t trade any vehicles, but will be selling my GMC private party before buying it

Sponsored

Amos Moses

Base
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford trucks
Your Bronco Model
Base
Need to build credit so I will be financing sadly.

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Need to build credit so I will be financing sadly.
If you have bad credit or no credit, you'll get raked over the coals when you go to finance a vehicle (I paid 18.25% interest on my first vehicle, because I had no credit).

You can build credit with a secured credit card. Get one with a low balance, pay it off every month, and you'll be surprised how quickly your credit builds. You can start now, and you'll be in a much better position when you do finance your Bronco.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you have bad credit or no credit, you'll get raked over the coals when you go to finance a vehicle (I paid 18.25% interest on my first vehicle, because I had no credit).

You can build credit with a secured credit card. Get one with a low balance, pay it off every month, and you'll be surprised how quickly your credit builds. You can start now, and you'll be in a much better position when you do finance your Bronco.

Good advise ….... that is how I did it. and don't put too much on the card at first just low amounts and pay off. Always remember pay it off before a few months goes by because if not you are paying more for what you are buyin. I.E. cash is 1500 credit is 1500 if you pay it off in a month but it's 2000 after a year.

Amos Moses

Base
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford trucks
Your Bronco Model
Base

Thanks for the advice I will look into that because I refuse to pay anywhere near that in interest. The bronco will most likely be my first new vehicle purchase so I dont know anything about new car shopping especially financing. Anyway I was thinking that when I show them my proof of income it would be great enough to "forgive" the fact I have no credit and I could still get a great interest rate but idk.

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Thanks for the advice I will look into that because I refuse to pay anywhere near that in interest. The bronco will most likely be my first new vehicle purchase so I dont know anything about new car shopping especially financing. Anyway I was thinking that when I show them my proof of income it would be great enough to "forgive" the fact I have no credit and I could still get a great interest rate but idk.
After I paid off that vehicle (2001 GMC Sonoma), I didn't use credit again for years.

When I decided it was time to trade it off, I ran my credit reports (you can do that for free once per year) and one of the reporting agencies was basically like "Who are you?" and the others were like "What credit?"

I used a Capital One secured card for about a year, and when I financed my 2011 Double Cab Tundra, I got 4.5% interest on it. A damn sight better than the 18.25% I paid on that Sonoma, I'd say.
Sponsored

Last edited: