First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Picked up my Familytruckster from the body shop the other day after having the paint corrected on the hood and lift gate. The workmanship is good but the color is waaaay off. Now I have to bring it back again.

Ford Bronco Paying For Crappy Work E8B8416E-6F15-4EE1-8C41-F7D81DC16869
Ford Bronco Paying For Crappy Work 318CA52E-EE49-4C3B-9C16-C33A0CC01D58
Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Is that Ruby Red or whatever the then-used version of their tri-coat red was?

If so, I hate to say it, but color matching tri-coats after they have years of sun exposure is damn near impossible. Just one of the bummers about tri-coats.

Could they have done better? Yea, probably. Looks like they just looked up the paint code and shot to the original blend instead of also using the paint sensor to custom tint the top coat to adjust for sun fade (which is not always possible to get the sensor to spit out a modified top coat). But on the bright side, you now know what the color looked like again when it was brand new off the showroom floor!

Full disclosure: I say this as someone who owns a Soul Red Crystal Mazda, the most expensive paint and impossible to color match for any mass-produced common vehicle on the road today. Tri-coats are a double-edged sword.

Ford Bronco Paying For Crappy Work detail 2020

Reactions: Rip
OP
OP
PrepVet

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes it’s the tri-coat. And I get it is difficult but I would have been happy if they even just blended the tops of the front fenders and the tiny portion of the rear fender that is rear facing.

760 bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
With that tri coat red you have to repaint damn near half the car to get it to color match.

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've been through this with my tri-coat white F150. They got it spot on though the last time, thank god.
Sponsored