First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I ordered my Pedal Commander today. Had one in each of my 15 Mustang GT, and my 17 Ram 1500. Great inexpensive throttle response upgrade.

IMG_20221229_141446.jpg
Sponsored

DaBronCo33

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just got my 2-door base this past Fri. I’m going to give the truck a few months to learn my foot, but I’m all but decided to get this too.

Please let us know how it performs with the Bronco vs your other vehicles.

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just enabled sport mode ;)

And Palm Harbor Rocks! I just moved to PA from Dunedin and miss Dunedin a ton, well, the whole ALT 19 corridor from Largo to Tarpon Springs.

OP
OP
Grumpy

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just enabled sport mode ;)

And Palm Harbor Rocks! I just moved to PA from Dunedin and miss Dunedin a ton, well, the whole ALT 19 corridor from Largo to Tarpon Springs.
I grew up in Dunedin, Pinellas county is my home. I live now in Palm Harbor next to lake tarpon. My daily retreat after I retired from the military 2 yrs ago.

Yes sport mode is pretty satisfying, but I'm interested in what the PC can do in sport. Been very satisfied with in my other applications.

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m still heavily debating this. Please let us know your thoughts

Sponsored

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Put one in 0n my 2.3L. It’s a huge difference. Feels more responsive on the Bronco.

Baja Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco, 20 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Installed one on my 2.7. First I set it to Sport 4, pretty much too hard to drive. I dropped it to Sport 2, still a little jumpy when you step on the gas, but a lot of fun!

Bu¢kWild

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2 door, Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Any downsides to this? And is this only for the manuals?

OP
OP
Grumpy

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Any downsides to this? And is this only for the manuals?
There is no downsides from my multiple applications. This does not communicate with the ecu. It is not a tune, it is simply a signal loop created by unplugging your oem throttle pedal pigtail, replugging it into one side of the Pedal Commander and plugging the other side of the Pedal Commander into the pedal. Just like the G.O.A.T. selector, you can go from normal to eco to sport, sport+4. All it does is take the lag response out of your throttle response, creating instant response. Actually saved me fuel in my Ram 1500. 15 GT not so much as I have a heavy foot most of the time.

Sponsored

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I ordered my Pedal Commander today. Had one in each of my 15 Mustang GT, and my 17 Ram 1500. Great inexpensive throttle response upgrade.

Ford Bronco Pedal commander ordered! Updated w/disc code IMG_20221229_141446
Good luck! I heard that make a huge difference.

OP
OP
Grumpy

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well I got the pedal commander in the mail today. I installed and took it for a quick ride. I started out with the Bronco in sport mode and the pedal commander in sport+2, went to take off in my driveway and chirped the 37 tires. Kinda caught me by surprise. With the Bronco in sport mode and the PC in sport+ +2 it was a beast. I put the Bronco in sport mode and the PC in sport 2 and it responded very nicely with no hesitation at all. I'll try different modes later to find the perfect match between the two in town driving. When I'm towing my boat Mon-Fri I'll have to put the Bronco in normal and find the right combination for towing. Definitely do not want both in sport or I create havoc on my rear gear.

I knew what I was buying like I said before, I had this PC in my 15 GT and my 17 Ram. But the Bronco's response after driving it 3,500 miles since new and now with the PC both in sport mode makes me feel like I'm driving a beast for the first time. Also the good thing about using the Pedal Commander is if I have to go to dealer for any maintenance or repairs, I don't have to disconnect it. As the PC does not communicate with the ECM or any other part of the main system. It does not void any warranties.

Ford Bronco Pedal commander ordered! Updated w/disc code IMG_20230106_135026

Ford Bronco Pedal commander ordered! Updated w/disc code IMG_20230106_135322

Ford Bronco Pedal commander ordered! Updated w/disc code IMG_20230106_140940

Last edited:
OP
OP
Grumpy

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Update after install and testing it out in all modes.

I immediately started out in G.O.A.T. mode sport and the PC in Sport +/+4. I chirped the tires in the driveway leaving, wasn't intended. I drove around the block and realized that was not going to work. Every time I went to take off or accelerate it immediately hit high RPM'S and was too fast responding. So after playing around with it a whole day I found that the best response zone was G.O.A.T. in normal mode and PC in Sport+/+4. Too much fun, turning right or left from a stop tires still want to break loose. But the RPM range is perfect and the response is terrific.

OP
OP
Grumpy

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just an update, after a few months of the pedal commander, I've been very satisfied with G.O.A.T. mode in normal and PC at Sport +2. It works very well at daily driving and towing my boat daily. Acceleration stopped at a light and acceleration at speed is most effective for my driving.

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Quick question in regards to these: do they just adjust pedal sensitivity, as in moving the pedal .25" is the same as moving it .5" without it? Or does it actually get rid of the delay between my foot moving the pedal and the computer moving the throttle body?

I recently had an experience where I had to get in the throttle to merge, then got cut off and had to get on the brakes. The delay between pedal and throttle body was long enough that it stayed in the throttle even after I was on the brakes, which was scary as shit. This is my first drive-by-wire vehicle, and the delay between moving my foot and the Bronco reacting is REALLY hard to get used to.
Sponsored