Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Credit - words and photos by Bronco Nation

Ford Bronco Peek at Rapid Red Wildtrak Bronco in Jim Farley interview Rapid Red Bronco Wildtrak 1

INCOMING FORD CEO SPEAKS ON THE 2021 BRONCO

Bronco Nation spoke exclusively with incoming Ford CEO, Jim Farley, on Friday at the Michigan Assembly Plant where the first early, pre-production 2021 Ford Broncos have begun to roll off the assembly line.

As an avid collector of historic Ford vehicles and the owner of a Gen 1 Bronco himself, Farley has had an affinity for the iconic nameplate now in its sixth generation. When asked about his initial impression of the Rapid Red Wildtrak Bronco adjacent to us, he said “It’s a breakthrough product for Ford, we’re finally getting back to our roots, and I’m so proud of the team.” Farley went on to speak to the daily usability of the vehicle beyond its off-road prowess. “It’s really a terrific vehicle because it has all the off-road capability that almost no one else has but it has the daily use and thoughtfulness of an open-air experience without leaving everything in your garage that no one else can match. It’s a breakthrough product.”

Ford Bronco Peek at Rapid Red Wildtrak Bronco in Jim Farley interview Screen-Shot-2020-09-27-at-11.24.00-AM-300x165

Years of work have gone into this new Bronco with many iterations, design changes, hurdles, and victories. When we asked the incoming CEO what attribute or feature he is most proud of on Bronco, he said, “For me, some people love the design, of course, but for me it’s the off-road equipment. [Bronco’s] real capability. We have better approach and departure angles, you know that’s what I love most about the vehicle, its capability, it’s not a show horse.” That is certainly a statement that rings true though the rigorous durability testing we have witnessed from Johnson Valley to Moab; this vehicle is an off-road monster.

Ford Bronco Peek at Rapid Red Wildtrak Bronco in Jim Farley interview Rapid Red Bronco Wildtrak 2

With the recent news regarding Bronco paint colors, we’d be remiss if we didn’t ask Farley what color he plans to order. While he hasn’t decided a specific color quite yet, he did say, “It’s gotta be blue”. We certainly can see why he’s a fan of blue.

The Ford veteran started his tenure at Ford back in November of 2007 after leaving Toyota and has since served in many capacities both in the U.S. and abroad, most recently as Chief Operating Officer. Farley will assume his new role as Chief Executive Officer of the Blue Oval on October 1st, entering at a critical and exciting time for the auto manufacturer. We look forward to speaking with Mr. Farley again soon as we move one week closer to the Bronco hitting dealer lots across America.
Sponsored

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
First question: Where’s the September the B & P Mr incoming CEO?
Second question: What will be the next missed milestone?

OP
OP
Lewisj41

Lewisj41

Heritage
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

was he the one to 'tweak' the reservation/fulfilment system in response to the big dealers?

BroncoTRDPro

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner TRD Pro, Grand Cherokee, H3, DMC-12
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm sorry, but that gray top looks like a faded Wrangler TJ hardtop that's spent its life outside... I love everything else though.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry FE reservists, sounds like Navy Pier interior is it ?

Sponsored

TheWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Silverado HD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I can't state enough how much I dislike that gray top (should be shadow black anyway on the Wildtrak amiright?)

Also.... where is this elusive hood decal on the wildtrak?

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Damn it Jim move you arse out of the way so we can see the infamous wildtrak...
Sorry bro no one cares whatcha got to say..

lets see
More Bronco colors and trims

BroncoTRDPro

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner TRD Pro, Grand Cherokee, H3, DMC-12
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It does appear to have Wildtrak badging with a gloss black painted Badlands grill and the standard gray hardtop, which if a Wildtrak, should have the black painted top. Preproduction mule?
Sponsored