Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler, Eldorado, Harley, Triumph
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wanted what I ordered since day one. Never changed a thing.
My question is this: If someone did a few, bunch, or zero changes, and the Bronco that is presented to them isnt up to spec with what the customer claims to have ordered, who eats this cost? Does the dealer just put it on the lot and return the $100 deposit? What if the customer has already put a few thousand into payment and the dealer royally screws the pooch?
I had the nightmare again that my Bronco gets sold to someone by a rookie sales assoc. while I'm in route to pick it up.
Sponsored

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Best guess:

Ford/Dealer = may offer discount to FP bucks to try to make nice. If declined then

You = get money back, probably on 22 list if you want, and butthurt

Dealer = gets car in high demand and sold before it hits the lot if you reject

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My question is this: If someone did a few, bunch, or zero changes, and the Bronco that is presented to them isnt up to spec with what the customer claims to have ordered, who eats this cost? Does the dealer just put it on the lot and return the $100 deposit? What if the customer has already put a few thousand into payment and the dealer royally screws the pooch?
I had the nightmare again that my Bronco gets sold to someone by a rookie sales assoc. while I'm in route to pick it up.
It’s not your Bronco until you sign the paperwork and exchange the keys for money. Up until then you can walk and the Bronco is the dealer’s to worry about.

Whether or not you are out any money depends on whether you put a deposit down and whether it’s refundable or not. (Some states have laws governing this as well.)

Also depends if there’s any fine print in any contract you signed prior to delivery...

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Reality is nothing...nothing will happen. Even IF the dealer made an honest mistake and really want to make it right, there is nothing they can do.

It's not like they have extra golden tickets to use when they screw something up.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Not true. There are a bunch of stories on the raptor forum where a customer orders a raptor and the dealership enters the order but for example screws up the color. Order is pulled from the order bank for a build (at this point no changes can be made) and the customer views the online window sticker and notices the color is wrong and calls the dealership. Ford at this point gets involved and once they determine that the dealership is at fault. They will rush an allocation into the order banks. This is why there are priority attached to an order. In this example the order will have a priority of 1 which means it will be pull the next Thursday that appears on the calendar. This happens more than you think.

Reality is nothing...nothing will happen. Even IF the dealer made an honest mistake and really want to make it right, there is nothing they can do.

It's not like they have extra golden tickets to use when they screw something up.

Last edited:

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not true. There are a bunch of stories on the raptor forum where a customer orders a raptor and the dealership enters the order but for example screws up the color. Order is pulled from the order bank for a build (at this point no changes can be made) and the customer views the online window sticker and notices the color is wrong and calls the dealership. Ford at this point gets involved and once they determine that the dealership is at fault. They will rush an allocation into the order banks. This is why there are priority attached to an order. In this example the order will have a priority of 1 which means it will be pull the next Thursday that appears on the calendar. This happens more than you think.
I hope your right, but if that is the case, and considering how many fubar Dealers there are out there, I see this being a supply and demand issue.

That Wrong bronco is going somewhere (dealer stock) and some reservation holder just got bumped.

Happens 1, no big... Happens 19.5% ... Big deal.

I feel bad for both the frustrated bronco enthusiast and the dealers that are putting customers first because these (we) are the ones paying for the ignorant, overprice, greedy dealers.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

In a Bronco Nation Q&A with Bronco Brand Manager Estaban in January, he said that dealers are penalized for not selling a unit to the person who actually made the initial reservation. Regarding mistakes in the features of the delivered unit, its your responsibility to review the DORA order sheet the dealer should provide you and approve it. My dealer has done most of this by email with me.

KGRoberts

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Chevelle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

...its your responsibility to review the DORA order sheet the dealer should provide you and approve it. My dealer has done most of this by email with me.
So, what is the DORA order sheet the dealer was to provide? The salesman that input my order on the computer simply used the same Build & Price Ford.com app that we all used, printed off from the app, I paid $500 to cashier, insisted the manager write on receipt that this was refundable, and I left the building. A couple days later I got an email from Ford that an order was put in under my reservation number, but it still showed the original reservation build (Base) rather than the BD I actually ordered. Evidently, the dealership was holding orders to input them right at the 3/19 deadline. I got my confirmation on 3/22 (Mon).
The printout I took home did have all the details from the B&P app. I'm just not sure if this is the same as the "DORA" that I have seen mentioned so many times.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

In a Bronco Nation Q&A with Bronco Brand Manager Estaban in January, he said that dealers are penalized for not selling a unit to the person who actually made the initial reservation. Regarding mistakes in the features of the delivered unit, its your responsibility to review the DORA order sheet the dealer should provide you and approve it. My dealer has done most of this by email with me.
I don't think the issue is with Ford Claims...the issue is with how well they are enforcing it, how good that enforcement/audit works, and above all 20% is a pretty damn high number. That's 19 Broncos per 100 they can intentionally screw a reserve holder out of so they can charge 5-10k ADM without any penalties.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, is this a recurring nightmare? I’m obviously not a therapist, but...

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don't think the issue is with Ford Claims...the issue is with how well they are enforcing it, how good that enforcement/audit works, and above all 20% is a pretty damn high number. That's 19 Broncos per 100 they can intentionally screw a reserve holder out of so they can charge 5-10k ADM without any penalties.
I dont follow your logic, its my understanding that your theoretical 19 Broncos are just delayed, not disappeared. But, we're all doing alot of guessing here. I think Ford is still worthy of my trust. I've been buying Fords for decades, but only custom ordered one other time. And not in a pandemic.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So, what is the DORA order sheet the dealer was to provide? The salesman that input my order on the computer simply used the same Build & Price Ford.com app that we all used, printed off from the app, I paid $500 to cashier, insisted the manager write on receipt that this was refundable, and I left the building. A couple days later I got an email from Ford that an order was put in under my reservation number, but it still showed the original reservation build (Base) rather than the BD I actually ordered. Evidently, the dealership was holding orders to input them right at the 3/19 deadline. I got my confirmation on 3/22 (Mon).
The printout I took home did have all the details from the B&P app. I'm just not sure if this is the same as the "DORA" that I have seen mentioned so many times.
I'm curious about the $500 down payment. My dealer is not taking money down, and is not marking up the vehicle. Have you bought cars from this dealership before, or do you service your vehicle there? Or are you a first-time, unknown customer?

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Same day, I have gotten an order summary email from Ford with every change (with an attached new Preview ). I even got one when the dealer corrected for the add headliner.

KGRoberts

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Chevelle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm curious about the $500 down payment. My dealer is not taking money down, and is not marking up the vehicle. Have you bought cars from this dealership before, or do you service your vehicle there? Or are you a first-time, unknown customer?
First time with this dealer. Last Ford bought was in 1997.