Sponsored

Percentage of People REFUSING Their Order?

murphtron

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2013 Toyota Highlander, 2000 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s certainly happened at my dealer. So far they have offered these ‘refused’ Broncos at MSRP to existing reservation holders. If no takes they sell them with an ADM. So far I think they’ve all been acquired by existing reservation holders. But it’s been a small number that have been offered to us, like maybe 4 over the past 6 months.
Sponsored

Broncogirl66

Badlands
First Name
Gia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23" manual 2dr SAS, HPR 2" lift BDS suspenion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do not think gas prices are going to change many peoples minds. They tried this years ago thinking people would switch from trucks to cars. well you see how many cars are no longer being built. If people give theirs up its more likely a dirty dealer. :eek: :cry::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Okinawajoe

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302, 2013 Focus ST, 2004 F-250 4x4 diese
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I patiently waited for my Bronco but finally relented and purchased a Ranger. I sold my pickup 6 months ago and not being able to tow is killing me. The dealer MD I purchased from had 6 Broncos on the lot of each with a ADM of $15k. No thanks, I'm good!
I love the new Ranger, awesome truck.
Ford Bronco Percentage of People REFUSING Their Order? IMG_20220314_090808496
Ford Bronco Percentage of People REFUSING Their Order? IMG_20220314_090741673

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I did expect better gas mileage- maybe in the 20's or at least a rating like the F150 I test drove a couple of years ago with the 2.7 rated at 20/26.

I had Broncos in the late 70's- one with a 170 six, the other with a modified 302. I don't remember them being gas guzzlers and I was in College at the time making around 2.30 an hour. I drove around a lot 4 wheeling, back and forth to college, etc. Then I got an engineering apprentice job doubling my pay- and I had a long commute in the Broncos- still no issue. I don't remember the gas mileage but it was not horrible. Mid 20's? By comparison my buddy's 70 Chevy Balzer 350 guzzled gas like there was no tomorrow- like 9 or 10 MPG. So modern technology in today's Bronco seems to not yield better MPG than the first Gen Bronco to me.

Gas is a huge factor for me- I have equity in other vehicles to trade, sell to get the Bronco- accrued from the past when I was in my prime and had higher paying jobs. Now my income is low and a recurring expense for gas in the 4 or 5 dollar range is a major concern. And couple that with something that gets 15-17 versus versus 24 or so adds up when you have low monthly income.

So I will have to see how things go when my Basesquatch comes in. In the mean time I bought an economy car for my work commute that gets 45 MPG. I can maybe have the Bronco with it that sits most of the time, used sparingly and only on the weekends using all and any extra cash to feed it gas.