Sponsored

Percentage of users that really need Badlands? (edit correction)

Flippedr6

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will probably not use the lockers much seeing I don't do crazy off-roading. Just class 6 roads in NH and VT. But I absolutely hate the two-tone seats on the lower trim levels. The Badlands was the cheapest one with a solid color interior.
Sponsored

Jawbox

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I definitely don't need the Sasquatch with locking diffs, but I wanted the advanced 4a and in a base it forces you into it. Ideally I'd have gone BB, 2d, mid, advanced 4, and tow with a soft but it's not a buildable set of options.

It's a tough call, a lot of times you order options you don't need in order to get the things you really want at a price you are willing to pay.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If the OBX had not had such lousy interior choices I would have opted for it. The OBX is not appealing to me without Sasquatch. That being said, by the time I added the Sasquatch package, I was at the price of a BL. The BL had the MGV interior I liked and matched my exterior color choice. My two door lux BL fulfills my need.

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I dont have it in my current budget to lift or anything, so I figure get my badlands, slowly mod it and when the opportunity presents itself, be more than ready

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wanted Lux, wife wanted MGV/washout interior.

Had no other choice.

Sponsored

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don’t need 100% of the off road capabilities of my Bronco any more than I need my two snowmobiles that have a top speed of 125mph or my sports sedan that goes 0-60mph in 3.5 seconds. My next boat will likely have triple 350HP outboards which are also more than I need but 69mph on the water is fun.

Luckily we live in a country where these type of excesses are common. Do whatever makes you happy, I love it that someone puts 40” tires on his/her Bronco. :)

Ford Bronco Percentage of users that really need Badlands? (edit correction) 098FD10E-6A9C-489D-8904-42E9F1BF8265

josedirte

Badlands
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3500 Ram Limited, 2017 Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
nobody "needs" any crazy off roading rig unless their job requires it.

I wanted the most capable trim and that's what I got. First new car in 18+ years, not gonna skip on things. Who cares if I'll ever use any of the things it can do. Nobody's business anyway, LOL
what do you know about what i need or want who are you the man on the mountain

Enginerd39

Badlands
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The primary reason I ended up deciding between a Black Diamond and a Badlands as opposed to any of the other trims is because of the MGV interiors and the washout flooring. Only trims with those features available. I ended up going with a Badlands, and do plan on doing some off-roading in it, but nothing I couldn't have done with a base model or hell, even a Bronco Sport, but I like the look of the Bronco as well as the two features I mentioned above.

Exactly my thought process and conclusion.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sasquatch Badlands order here...will never go off-road, total mallcrawler. I just like the mgv and aesthetic of Sasquatch along with 12 inch screen. The proportions on a 4 door aren't right with anything under 35s.

Sponsored

MyBroncoNotYours

Badlands
First Name
Good Try FBI
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How many of the 125,000 that converted will really use their rigs in situations that require the abilities of sasquatch and locking front diff and disconnecting front stabilizer?

I for one had to come to the reality that over capability for the cost was not a good buy, for me.

What % will be mall crawlers?

What % will only be driven on gravel or forest fire roads?

What % will see deep water crossings or deep mud bogs?

What % will take part in serious rock crawling?
I ordered a badlands because it was the only way to get the high package and a manual. Otherwise i would’ve gotten a trim or two down. Sucks but I want it to last ten years and not be outdated tech-wise the day I buy it.

Harumph

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1200XL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was not looking for justification, I agree spend your money on what you love. I was just curious about peoples thought processes.
Go out and drive. Find some adventure 👍