Sponsored

Percentage of users that really need Badlands? (edit correction)

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I need all the flex I can afford. Looking to get beadlock rings to protect from curb rash too.
Sponsored

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not buying an Outer Banks, BB, Base etc then putting 35's and a lift on it. You still don't get both front and rear lockers, Billstein suspension, upgraded differential and gears. To me those builds are posing as a capable off road vehicle. I am buying the BL because it is capable without having to add anything.

I think Ford engineered the Bronco starting with the BL then added or took away to create the other trims. I read somewhere that the squatch package was added because they could and should. To me the BL is the perfect set up without squatch.

My 2 door was reserved 7/14/20 and ordered in January 2021. Unfortunately I received the your's will be a 2022 email.

Babyzak

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Jeep Wrangler, 2010 Camaro,2022 4 door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It not what you NEED..its what you WANT..

Bybotie

Badlands
First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge ST, 2021 Mustang Mach1 HP, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Badlands arrives on 10/09. Do I need the capability, nope. I have a Can Am x3 that will embarrass it. I bought it because I wanted it.

Mcfly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m in Florida and thereā€™s not a hill a skateboard couldnā€™t easily rolloverā€¦ so yeah, my BL is overkill.

pretty confident this ā€œonewheelā€ can conquer all
terrain within 250 square miles of central Florida

Ford Bronco Percentage of users that really need Badlands? (edit correction) D0A1B0E9-F103-41E5-8276-1883A6FF481D

Last edited:

Sponsored

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If car buying was all about need, pickup truck sales would drop 95% and the world would be flooded with minivans. Ugh.

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Itā€™s all gratuitous. No one ā€œneedsā€ a Bronco so anything goes.

Davebear13

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Bloody Basin, Table Mesa, Kingman to Prescott...I do not have a vehicle that can make it. All the old mining roads, forest roads, jeep trails are getting turned into rock strewn hazards due to all the side by sides and atvs churning up rocks. Here in AZ, if you are not driving on I-17, I-10, I-40...you should have something like a Rubicon or Bronco - you need lockers, clearance, crawl mode. Out west the percentage is pretty high that need a Badlands/Sasquatch. Now Indiana, Illinois, Nebraska, maybe Badlands are for the most adventurous but in some places like Utah, Colorado, Wyoming it is justified.

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m buying the badlands because the badge will match my cyber orange. Oh and canā€™t forget about that cool Sasquatch sticker.

j_4260

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3, Ducati M620, BMW GSA 1200
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't "need" the Badlands but I tend to drive vehicles for 10+ years. I wanted something I can grow into and won't have to spend time or energy finding the right set of aftermarket things to add to the SUV.

I've done the car modding thing before but this time around, I want something I can take out and play with immediately. I've always had to compromise on trim packages on my cars (buying them used, or never had enough money), so this was my splurge as my first, brand new vehicle in my entire life.

The other trims either gave me too much (Wildtrak) or not enough (Outer Banks). Amortizing price of this vehicle for the next 10+ years, it isn't too bad to consider you're getting so much vehicle.

I already have a long trip planned to Idaho with the guys, weekends in Joshua Tree, and looking at Moab too.

Looking forward to the occasional mall crawling session too.

Sponsored

GETSCHWIFTY

First Name
Rick Sanchez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I don't "need" the Badlands but I tend to drive vehicles for 10+ years. I wanted something I can grow into and won't have to spend time or energy finding the right set of aftermarket things to add to the SUV.

I've done the car modding thing before but this time around, I want something I can take out and play with immediately. I've always had to compromise on trim packages on my cars (buying them used, or never had enough money), so this was my splurge as my first, brand new vehicle in my entire life.

The other trims either gave me too much (Wildtrak) or not enough (Outer Banks). Amortizing price of this vehicle for the next 10+ years, it isn't too bad to consider you're getting so much vehicle.

I already have a long trip planned to Idaho with the guys, weekends in Joshua Tree, and looking at Moab too.

Looking forward to the occasional mall crawling session too.
hey bud why are you bringing threads back from the dead from 7 months ago?

j_4260

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3, Ducati M620, BMW GSA 1200
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

hey bud why are you bringing threads back from the dead from 7 months ago?
You know, I asked myself the same question - I realized this thread is super old after clicking "Post Reply". šŸ¤£

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

FE for me because I do use all the gizmos almost daily. As a timber buyer the logging jobs and wood yards I drive to and through are inaccessible otherwise, and are many times better suited for heavy machinery.

Tdecell

Badlands
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 F150, 2021 Outer Banks, 2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn't exactly "need" a Badlands, but there were three main things I wanted, MGV seats, washout floors and the 12" screen... Ford gave me Badlands as the choice...

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered a 2 door BL, SAS because thatā€™s what I want, even though it seems Ford doesnā€™t want to build me one. šŸ˜ž
Sponsored