R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I purchased a Sasquatch suspension for my Non sad Black Diamond and it has the perch collars installed already. Trying to decide On weather to keep the collars on or not.
See post #46 above from a Bilstein insider for RPG limitations/concerns. The Icon IVD4300 and Zone F1301/F1302 kits are superior for usable wheel travel, preventing spring damage, and improving tire clearance. They use a combination of strut spacer and preload spacer to obtain lift and to preserve usable wheel travel, plus they have a bump stop spacer to protect the spring from over-compression and provide clearance for 37" tires.
Sponsored

Big Diamond

Wildtrak
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco HOSS 3.0 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

See post #46 above from a Bilstein insider for RPG limitations/concerns. The Icon IVD4300 and Zone F1301/F1302 kits are superior for usable wheel travel, preventing spring damage, and improving tire clearance. They use a combination of strut spacer and preload spacer to obtain lift and to preserve usable wheel travel, plus they have a bump stop spacer to protect the spring from over-compression and provide clearance for 37" tires.
Thanks,
Just looked that over again. I was hoping it would be an "ok" solution since they're already installed on the Bilsteins, but I think that I'm going to go with the Zone adventure 3" that adds the new UCAs. I'm already going to have to pay for the labor, so I might as well do it as right as possible and I certainly can't shell out another 5k for a full coil over lift system.

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So what’s the trade off between this and a spacer lift? Surely there has to be some kind of trade off for not over extending the cvs

dweskamp

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So what’s the trade off between this and a spacer lift? Surely there has to be some kind of trade off for not over extending the cvs
I'm switching to the Zone 3 in for sasquatch 2 door. It is a hybrid kit with collars and spacers.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm glad this is out now but I don't want that much lift, I wish they had a shorter version. 1" would be perfect. You could probably have it turned down but that just adds to the cost.

Sponsored

Bryced15

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Any idea as to whether the RPG perch collars will work on the Hoss 3.0 Fox suspension, or if RPG will have to make a new specific kit? I realize there is probably no way to know until someone gets their hands on one, but I was curious if anyone might have any insight on this. Trying to decide if I should just stick with Hoss 2.0 if I’m wanting to do a perch lift.

Last edited:
OP
OP
rtaylor

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any idea as to whether the RPG perch collars will work on the Hoss 3.0 Fox suspension, or if RPG will have to make a new specific kit? I realize there is probably no way to know until sone gets their hands on one, but I was curious if anyone might have any insight on this. Trying to decide if I should just stick with Hoss 2.0 if I’m wanting to do a perch lift.
I don't know if they will fit, but using preload spacers on Hoss 3.0 may mess up the tuned position-sensitive bypass in the fox shocks. Adding modest preload spacer to Hoss 4.0 should be fine after ride height calibration is added to forscan.

CyberOrangeBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm glad this is out now but I don't want that much lift, I wish they had a shorter version. 1" would be perfect. You could probably have it turned down but that just adds to the cost.
You can do this by simply installing the smaller perch spacer on the front and doing nothing to the rear.

Davedesmo

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Budd Body U15, 2020 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have the RPG Collars on my Bronco with their other bits, and I’ll be running it until more Coilover options come later down the road. No rubbing with 37x12.50s on a 17x9-12. Also I haven’t had a chance to really wheel it yet but as you see from my pictures that the ability to travel hasn’t been affected and the CV angles aren’t bad compared to other lifts we’ve seen.

Did you change upper arms or just leave factory and have aligned?

Last edited:

NJBadlander

Badlands
First Name
Bravo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any recommendations of what to use for non-SAS Badlands to clear the addition of takeoff OEM SAS wheels (17x8.5/+30) /tires (315/70/17)?? They have different Bilsteins with what I believe is slightly longer down (or up?) travel vs SAS Bilsteins. I’m just looking for no rub at full articulation and to preserve CV angle/stress. Thinking 1-1.25” perch collar is the way to go for the off-roading plan to do (greens/easy blues) but wondering if anyone has first hand experience on this trim leave. Thanks!!

Sponsored

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any recommendations of what to use for non-SAS Badlands to clear the addition of takeoff OEM SAS wheels (17x8.5/+30) /tires (315/70/17)?? They have different Bilsteins with what I believe is slightly longer down (or up?) travel vs SAS Bilsteins. I’m just looking for no rub at full articulation and to preserve CV angle/stress. Thinking 1-1.25” perch collar is the way to go for the off-roading plan to do (greens/easy blues) but wondering if anyone has first hand experience on this trim leave. Thanks!!
I recently installed the Broncbuster 1.5" suspension spacer lift (top hat spacer), on my non Squatch Badlands. HERESY! While on the lift, I turned the front axles, and the CV's werent binding. From what Ive gathered here and at a reputable 4x4 shop, 3 inches is our limit in front. While my CV and tie rod angles have changed, they dont appear to be at extreme angles compared to other lift applications.
Pic just for fun. Bored Xmas eve work day.
Ford Bronco Perch collar level / lift for Sasquatch from RPG 20221224_155630_HDR~2

NJBadlander

Badlands
First Name
Bravo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I recently installed the Broncbuster 1.5" suspension spacer lift (top hat spacer), on my non Squatch Badlands. HERESY! While on the lift, I turned the front axles, and the CV's werent binding. From what Ive gathered here and at a reputable 4x4 shop, 3 inches is our limit in front. While my CV and tie rod angles have changed, they dont appear to be at extreme angles compared to other lift applications.
Pic just for fun. Bored Xmas eve work day.
20221224_155630_HDR~2.jpg
update on my end as a PSA for anyone considering: I added SAS takeoff wheels/tires on non-SAS and from off road experience on PA blue trails I can attest that there is no rubbing at full flex situations. Mind you this is at slow speed so momentum not a factor but I did not sense it was ever close in various situations that tested the travel of the suspension. Two things I did however, obviously removed crash bars but also put on SAS flares so I wouldn’t risk catching a non-SAS flare given the tire pokes beyond it. Otherwise, the slightly lower height and longer travel of the non-SAS Bilsteins was not an issue, which was my main concern. So there’s that. Gonna hold off on any lift options unless I come across an issue. May consider new springs at some point to give a slight more lift to be absolutely certain but doesn’t seem necessary.
Sponsored