CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am a big fan of tuning but i never do it until warranty is up because i never want to risk the dealer voiding me. I have found that tunes really wake up the vehicle like NOTHING else in terms of bang for the buck. you can put all the cat back systems and cai's that you want and you won't notice the same performance boost that a good tune gives to these new motors. having said that, i'm very interested in what leaked yesterday in terms of the "performance pack" accessory. this would be really cool to be able to get a tune from the dealer that wouldn't void us out. The only thing i can find on it in terms of what to expect is this:
https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9603-REB
i believe this is for the 2.3 motor in the ranger. i'll be getting the 2.7 in my bronco. does anyone have a link to more info on Ford's 2.7 tune? Is it the same? I haven't been able to find any detailed info online about ford performance tune for their 2.7. Thanks,
Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

DON'T forget an Intercooler and Charge Pipes, more longevity and consistency than power gains

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Ford Bronco, RAM 3500,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am a big fan of tuning but i never do it until warranty is up because i never want to risk the dealer voiding me. I have found that tunes really wake up the vehicle like NOTHING else in terms of bang for the buck. you can put all the cat back systems and cai's that you want and you won't notice the same performance boost that a good tune gives to these new motors. having said that, i'm very interested in what leaked yesterday in terms of the "performance pack" accessory. this would be really cool to be able to get a tune from the dealer that wouldn't void us out. The only thing i can find on it in terms of what to expect is this:
https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9603-REB
i believe this is for the 2.3 motor in the ranger. i'll be getting the 2.7 in my bronco. does anyone have a link to more info on Ford's 2.7 tune? Is it the same? I haven't been able to find any detailed info online about ford performance tune for their 2.7. Thanks,
I checked out the tune above and noticed this “
  • Tire size configurable up to 265/70/17 as recommended with the M-18000-R Ranger Off-Road Suspension Leveling Kit

• I assume / hope Ford will build one compatible with the 315/70/17 Squach package?

OP
OP
CobraKaiSG

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I checked out the tune above and noticed this “
  • Tire size configurable up to 265/70/17 as recommended with the M-18000-R Ranger Off-Road Suspension Leveling Kit

• I assume / hope Ford will build one compatible with the 315/70/17 Squach package?
i noticed that too- i have to think that if they're offering it for this vehicle it must work ok? i guess we'll find out as it gets closer

Sponsored

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not a fan, at all, of these "canned" tunes you get from these performance houses. Are they better than stock? Sure. But nowhere near optimized for your specific ride. I know any time we put together a new kit we tune for max power then turn things down a notch to make it warrantable. The included tune will give you thousands upon thousands of miles of safe boost but our customers know that it'll take a trip to the tuner to get things really dialed in. It'll be the same with the Ford tune. They'll leave a lot of power on the table to find an offering they can safely put a warranty on no matter how much variation there is in the trucks coming off the line.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not a fan, at all, of these "canned" tunes you get from these performance houses. Are they better than stock? Sure. But nowhere near optimized for your specific ride. I know any time we put together a new kit we tune for max power then turn things down a notch to make it warrantable. The included tune will give you thousands upon thousands of miles of safe boost but our customers know that it'll take a trip to the tuner to get things really dialed in. It'll be the same with the Ford tune. They'll leave a lot of power on the table to find an offering they can safely put a warranty on no matter how much variation there is in the trucks coming off the line.
The law of diminishing returns always comes into play too, the closer you get to “optimum” tune the less you change you get, but the less margin for error in fuel quality, environmental changes, mechanical variance etc. I know one of the local well known tuners was doing some pretty radical tunes with 2.7 F150s and Fusion Sports, getting around 500HP with “race gas” and simple bolt on parts, then turning them back to stock to do lease returns. I don’t know that I would want to explore those limits with a vehicle I planned to own long term, but those 12 second Fusions were pretty nuts!

OP
OP
CobraKaiSG

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
my biggest question at this point is whether the tune for the 2.7 is different- i could only find info on a ranger tune through ford which i believe is for the 2.3

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe this has some hints. You will notice that it is remarkably similar to FPP in both features and appearance...

https://www.livernoismotorsports.com/product/LPP631165

Folks will be happy to hear that it will support all Bronco engine/trans.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CobraKaiSG

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Gettibg a tune is definitely on my year 2 or year 3 plan. That along with swapping out speakers

guzie

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru WRX sti, 2019 Ford Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

thanks- i hope the ford in house version will have similar hp and torque gains as that one
We had the Ford performance pack tune on my wife’s old 2017 Ford Mustang eco boost which has the 2.3. That gave it a nice healthy bump that didn’t hurt the warranty. I’m looking for similar from Ford for the 2.7

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have one of the first 2017 Mustang GT PP with the Roush Performance Pack Tune that included putting the GT350 stuff on, I ordered it that way and the dealer installed the tune. I just changed it 2 months ago as I am out of that factory warranty now, but the Ford / Roush tune was actually pretty darn good out of the box on 93 octane. it had a min requirement of 91 octane.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The best parts that apply to Bronco are copy/paste below. Please know that, i'm all for tuning a vehicle specifically to it's intended use and was involved in tuning my track-prepped Evo IX for each track configuration.

However, these tunes which are going for HP/TQ gains are counter to what you're going to want to tune for in driving these things off-road (exception being for the Wildtrack folks who are actually on dunes and running WOT constantly)

These tunes are going to seriously mess with your low/part throttle modulation, low speed control and the like. Tuning these engines, or the need for the 2.7 at all for that matter, is to directly go against the very purposes you're buying a Bronco instead of a F150, Raptor, Ranger or subcompact commute car for.

• Premium fuel - 91 octane or higher - is required
Towing not recommended.

What I mostly hear with these tuning arguments and threads is "I am daily driving my off-road vehicle and want it to be fast on the freeway!"..... And I can't help but wonder why on earth you need a bronco instead of a sedan that fits the wife and kids more comfortably.
Sponsored