Sponsored

Performance Tuning MY23 2.7L - which tuner?

ohnoauto

Wildtrak
First Name
LeBronco James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looking for a tuner. My eyes are on the Whipple or Ford Performance Tuner. From what I can find neither of these are currently compatible with 23’s yet. Have you heard differently or used a different product? If so, what kind of gains have you seen?
Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
We're still awaiting approval from Ford Performance and Whipple for the 2023 model year.

In the meantime if you're not set on a full flash the JB4 device is a great product. It gives a nice increase in HP/TQ and can be easily installed/removed. They have a pretty sweet phone app which alloes you to change MAPs on the fly, datalog and monitor several engine parameters.

The JB4 however doesn't offer any transmission tuning changes, doesn't have the ability to change for different tires sizes or axle ratios, doesn't raise the top speed limiter and also won't disable the auto start/stop feature. These are features that only Whipple and Ford Performance offer at the moment as they are full flash calibrations.
https://www.lethalperformance.com/burger-motorsports-jb4-tuner-2021-ford-bronco-2-3l-2-7l.html
mance-tuner_bc997fae-c4f5-4c91-9d23-68de3fabfc0d_2.jpg

Let us know if you have any other questions in the meantime.

Thanks!

OP
OP

ohnoauto

Wildtrak
First Name
LeBronco James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We're still awaiting approval from Ford Performance and Whipple for the 2023 model year.

In the meantime if you're not set on a full flash the JB4 device is a great product. It gives a nice increase in HP/TQ and can be easily installed/removed. They have a pretty sweet phone app which alloes you to change MAPs on the fly, datalog and monitor several engine parameters.

The JB4 however doesn't offer any transmission tuning changes, doesn't have the ability to change for different tires sizes or axle ratios, doesn't raise the top speed limiter and also won't disable the auto start/stop feature. These are features that only Whipple and Ford Performance offer at the moment as they are full flash calibrations.
https://www.lethalperformance.com/burger-motorsports-jb4-tuner-2021-ford-bronco-2-3l-2-7l.html
Ford Bronco Performance Tuning MY23 2.7L - which tuner? mance-tuner_bc997fae-c4f5-4c91-9d23-68de3fabfc0d_2

Let us know if you have any other questions in the meantime.

Thanks!
I think I’m pretty set on the Ford Performance Tune. Have you received any update on their availability?
On another note, does the Ford Performance Procal void the warranty?

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I think I’m pretty set on the Ford Performance Tune. Have you received any update on their availability?
On another note, does the Ford Performance Procal void the warranty?
Hi there - they are inbound now! Should be at our facility soon. The Ford Performance warranty is the primary coverage if any issues are found at fault of the tune.

https://www.lethalperformance.com/f...ry-tool-2021-2022-bronco-2-7l-m-9603-b27.html

FP carries the 3/36k when installed by the dealer or a certified tech.

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Sponsored
OP
OP

ohnoauto

Wildtrak
First Name
LeBronco James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hi there - they are inbound now! Should be at our facility soon. The Ford Performance warranty is the primary coverage if any issues are found at fault of the tune.

https://www.lethalperformance.com/f...ry-tool-2021-2022-bronco-2-7l-m-9603-b27.html

FP carries the 3/36k when installed by the dealer or a certified tech.
I called the shop today to order the 2023 2.7 Ford Procal and whomever said they aren't available and no ETA in sight. Is this still the case or can they be ordered?

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I called the shop today to order the 2023 2.7 Ford Procal and whomever said they aren't available and no ETA in sight. Is this still the case or can they be ordered?
Hi there! I apologize for the confusion - we will talk to everyone here to clear the air. The devices are in stock and ready to go. The calibration, of which can be obtained as soon as it's available, is estimated to release for 2023 (49 state legal) Broncos, tomorrow. So, in short, if you ordered today, we'd ship out the device and you'd register your vehicle with Ford Performance on their website and download the calibration once released (again, supposedly tomorrow). Let us know it we can assist!

Last edited:
OP
OP

ohnoauto

Wildtrak
First Name
LeBronco James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hi there! I apologize for the confusion - we will talk to everyone here to clear the air. The devices are in stock and ready to go. The calibration, of which can be obtained as soon as it's available, is estimated to release for 2023 (49 state legal) Broncos, tomorrow. So, in short, if you ordered today, we'd ship out the device and you'd register your vehicle with Ford Performance on their website and download the calibration once released (again, supposedly tomorrow). Let us know it we can assist!

So we getting tuned today? lol

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
OP
OP

ohnoauto

Wildtrak
First Name
LeBronco James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Out of curiosity then, is it safe to say if you purchased the tune and live in California there's no way to actually get it to work since you need to register your vehicle and it's clear it's registered in California?

Gotchaa

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Out of curiosity then, is it safe to say if you purchased the tune and live in California there's no way to actually get it to work since you need to register your vehicle and it's clear it's registered in California?
Officially it’s not CARB approved for CA, Lethal has update their website to reflect that it’s not yet approved for 2022-2023.

Ford Performance will also tell you this. There is no official ETA yet, you will hear weeks away. What I have noticed is that they are not up to speed on checking VINs so you may or may not be able to load it.

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ordered from you guys! The phone support is excellent by the way. Very patient and knowledgeable!
Thank you very much! We appreciate your business and awesome feedback.
Sponsored