Sponsored

Perimeter Alarm has anyone tested it, does it work with doors off?

Clearwater native

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19F-59,16-E350, 65C10,05TJ, 67RSCamaro, 65malibuSS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I noticed on my Build it shows a perimeter alarm and I watch the only video in a pick-up truck but I was wondering if with the top down/off and the doors off does it function and or do anything? I am sure when I get my Bronco I will test it out and share outcome.
Sponsored

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm assuming there's some way it knows the doors are off so it will still arm for theft and such. The name is very misleading as it sounds like it go off if someone sticks their hand inside...which isn't the case. I'll be looking at Viper alarm, unless someone has another alarm that has other bells and whistles...

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm assuming there's some way it knows the doors are off so it will still arm for theft and such. The name is very misleading as it sounds like it go off if someone sticks their hand inside...which isn't the case. I'll be looking at Viper alarm, unless someone has another alarm that has other bells and whistles...
I don't have mine yet, but I wonder if there are sensor up near the aux switches. My Raptor had them there where if someone stuck their had inside the opened windows, it would set off the alarm.

MrGreen55

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you talking about PERIMETER PLUS? If not what the difference between plus and basic.

Poolmanz Sport Bronco
this is my understanding based on my research and reading the manuals.
The P+ adds- shock / impact sensor , starter interrupt, and remote start (1.any FOB will work 2. if its not activated you will need to do so at dealer or FORSCAN )
You can add optional flasher, long range antenna, and starter FOBs.
To use the remote start- once enabled.
1. Press 🔒
2. Press 🔓unlock within 3 secs.
3. Press 🔒 within 3 secs.
da_jokker
I guess how you interpret something makes the difference in this case.

When Ford came out with an open air, take the roof and doors off, truck and then said there was a perimeter alarm, I interpreted this as meaning someone starts going through your stuff while you're top is down the alarm goes off. I didn't really expect it to go off as someone reached inside, but they start rustling through your glove box or something it should.

Sounds like as long as they don't open the door they can have at it. Disappointing.
If da_jokker is right this really doesn't do anything for the Door off gang.

Last edited:

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't have mine yet, but I wonder if there are sensor up near the aux switches. My Raptor had them there where if someone stuck their had inside the opened windows, it would set off the alarm.
People have said it doesn't have that...which I'm not sure why Ford wouldn't have put a field disturbance alarm knowing doors and tops would be off. I plan on having everything locked up, but would prefer a warning for those that tried to snoop around.

Sponsored

BroBronco

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It would be nice to know if we have P+? I have MT so remote start isn't an option on mine.

If you guys want some extra security while your doors are off see pics of another option. Its a feature called "pedal lock" on a product called sprint booster. Their link below.

Full disclosure, my company sells sprint booster wholesale, but if you want one for less than retail DM me. Happy to help. Anyway, its a digital 3 digit PIN used to lock your gas pedal. I wrote all about it in another thread last week after I got first unit installed after working with my contacts at SB. Be mindful though, some members gave me a lot of crap. My primary response was dont knock it until you try it. I use its every time I drive going on 5 years!! Works great like on all my other cars!! Plus the boost feature nice too, and it doesnt add power or void warranty.

The pedal lock, when armed, will keep anyone from driving off in your car even with the doors off. Even if you give them your keys!! There are ways around this, like with any security system, but its not likely to happen on your car at all. Just read my other thread for more details or DM me your questions if interested.

Also. The onboard starter interrupt is good too. My late father helped invent this feature in cars years ago btw. It all started with him noticing the little blip in rear tail lights when shifting into gear back in the 1980s. The rest is history. Along with other auto theft deterrents. My family has spent and I'm still in the auto security world going on about 40 years.

20210917_131841.jpg

20210917_125953.jpg

20210917_101950.jpg

20210917_131912.jpg

20210917_131926.jpg

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm resurrecting this thread (there are several, but wasn't sure which to pick...)

Has anyone been able to answer these questions?
  • I have a FE. It says it has a perimeter alarm. What does this entail?
  • There is a Perimeter+ Alarm available. What is the difference between this and what comes as a standard Parameter alarm?
My dealer Bronco rep says (I know, I know...) I don't need the latter because I have the former, so I'm curious if they're the same or different?

Also, sorry, tagging @ZackDanger because you seem to know everything about everything.
Sponsored