Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F350, 2017 Lincoln MKZ, 2018 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
The Bronco brochure lists a feature called Perimeter Alarm, but there is no mention of it in the manual. Does it exist, and if so what exactly is it?
Sponsored

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

From what I gather it is the standard passive anti theft security alarm. Won’t start without the right key.

then there is the Perimeter plus which adds shock sensor.

LSTLAF

First Name
Glort
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sphere shaped craft
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The "Perimeter Security System" is available as an add on.

ML3Z-19A361-A

It's $207.61 at Granger and a $65.00 install (if it's not included in your build spec sheet)

Lazarus327

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The "Perimeter Security System" is available as an add on.

ML3Z-19A361-A

It's $207.61 at Granger and a $65.00 install (if it's not included in your build spec sheet)
I'm liking this idea! Would be especially nice when the ragtop is installed. Need to research all the info to make sure it does what we would think of a perimeter alarm doing (making lots of noise!). Also found it at Sasquatch Ford Parts (https://www.sasquatchfordparts.com) for $162.77 part only.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There have been a few posts on this, I started one myself, because of your very question. A perimeter alarm is just that, that is not just an ignition kill with the key thing.

Yet nobody seems to know anything about it. I asked one of the guys at the dealer event and he didn't know anything about it.

I would like to know as well. If the alarms on and you open a door or reach inside or get close, etc.

Sponsored

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Following...

I plan on getting the Perimeter Plus, but barely know what that entails.

Given these are the only Ford vehicles with Sync 4, OTA updates, and covered in cameras, I wonder if it'll have a Tesla-esque "Sentry Mode" that gets activated when someone is in the perimeter.

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The Bronco brochure lists a feature called Perimeter Alarm, but there is no mention of it in the manual. Does it exist, and if so what exactly is it?
Not sure about the perimeter alarm. Would make sense with all of the other tech in the truck. My '05 Mustang GT has interior motion sensors, and I thought I saw someone here or on Reddit post a pic of what looked like similar sensors in the Bronco. They thought they were cameras.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You know I just looked up that part number, ML3Z-19A361-A, and based on how it explains it, it sounds like a perimeter alarm.

Which means Ford is falsely advertising that all Broncos come with a perimeter alarm If this has to be added after the fact.

Having an engine not start without a key fob is not an alarm system. Does the one that comes with the Bronco even beep when someone opens the door?

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder if it'll have a Tesla-esque "Sentry Mode" that gets activated when someone is in the perimeter.
That was my initial hope as well; that’d be very cool. I don’t think it is, but who knows… I’m still shocked vehicles don’t come standard with a built-in dash camera, considering newer vehicles are already covered in cameras.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Useless...

How many of you have called 911 when you hear someone's car alarm going off?

How many of you have even gone to check out a vehicle who's car alarm is going off?

How many of you, when hearing someone's car alarm going off, just wish it would stop?

Sponsored

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You know I just looked up that part number, ML3Z-19A361-A, and based on how it explains it, it sounds like a perimeter alarm.

Which means Ford is falsely advertising that all Broncos come with a perimeter alarm If this has to be added after the fact.

Having an engine not start without a key fob is not an alarm system. Does the one that comes with the Bronco even beep when someone opens the door?
It’s called perimeter alarm plus. It says it just adds a shock sensor and 300’ remotecstart if dealer enabled (not sure if you need to buy an additional fob if you don’t have any remote start).

The standard alarm should be lights and sirens if someone opens the door when enabled, hopefully someone with a Bronco can chime in.

Naming it perimeter alarm is a little deceiving. With that kind of name on a Bronco you would think a motion sensor but I see nothing about a motion sensor.

ATLUTDFAN

First Edition
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This video helped me. Plus adds shock sensor.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I guess how you interpret something makes the difference in this case.

When Ford came out with an open air, take the roof and doors off, truck and then said there was a perimeter alarm, I interpreted this as meaning someone starts going through your stuff while you're top is down the alarm goes off. I didn't really expect it to go off as someone reached inside, but they start rustling through your glove box or something it should.

Sounds like as long as they don't open the door they can have at it. Disappointing.

Brad Fx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I interpreted this as meaning someone starts going through your stuff while you're top is down the alarm goes off.
Exactly - and the minimal description of the Perimeter Plus upgrade makes me think it is shock only, hitting/bumping the car or glass break. There is no mention of motion sensors inside the car, which I believe is a relatively inexpensive technology that some people would want / expect.

....I wonder if it'll have a Tesla-esque "Sentry Mode" that gets activated when someone is in the perimeter.
Seems logical based on “Perimeter Alarm,” but I don’t think Perimeter or Perimeter Plus includes that.