Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah we are being short changed on this.

Standard alarm should have the shock sensors and such so that someone jumping on you car or banging around would set it off.

Then the extra Plus, should add motion and maybe even proximity where it chirps if someone walks up to it.

To claim a "parimeter" alarm, and some idiot could be door dinging you all day long and it not go off is BS.
Sponsored

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Useless...

How many of you have called 911 when you hear someone's car alarm going off?

How many of you have even gone to check out a vehicle who's car alarm is going off?

How many of you, when hearing someone's car alarm going off, just wish it would stop?
Who cares about going to "check". The point of an alarm is to draw attention. The idea of a car flashing, honking, and sirens going off is usually enough to tell a thief time is up, or wrap up fast. I don't go out of my way to check up on a car, but if it's within sight I take a look at what's going on, and I bet most everyone agrees with me there. Also, in most modern cellular connected vehicles, when the alarm is triggered a notification is sent to your phone's app. So to assume just because people don't go out of their way to check on a car alarm means it's worthless is completely inaccurate.

Cactus Jack

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I was thinking the same thing, but consider this. If someone’s trying to get in your vehicle and it is blaring the horn + lights and someone walking by sees them, they’re probably going to be deterred from trying to break in.

Useless...

How many of you have called 911 when you hear someone's car alarm going off?

How many of you have even gone to check out a vehicle who's car alarm is going off?

How many of you, when hearing someone's car alarm going off, just wish it would stop?

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I wish we could get the actual motion sensors for the interior, since soft tops can just be disassembled to get in to them. My F-350 XL has them.

IMG_20210818_095836534_HDR.jpg

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This might be what you need. 21 minute mark is a true proximity/motion alarm.

Sponsored

Goneboy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Small Handful
Your Bronco Model
Base
This might be what you need. 21 minute mark is a true proximity/motion alarm.
I know this technology is pretty old, but something about seeing it in action everytime is still damn cool. Reminds me of having a Clifford alarm installed in high school on my brown '86 Maxima wagon to protect the sound system that was worth about the same as the actual car....not in a good way.

RJC

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s called perimeter alarm plus. It says it just adds a shock sensor and 300’ remotecstart if dealer enabled (not sure if you need to buy an additional fob if you don’t have any remote start).

The standard alarm should be lights and sirens if someone opens the door when enabled, hopefully someone with a Bronco can chime in.

Naming it perimeter alarm is a little deceiving. With that kind of name on a Bronco you would think a motion sensor but I see nothing about a motion sensor.
Well I can tell you this I open and close my badlands doors all day long with key fob in house. No alarm. Dash just says no key detected

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Well I can tell you this I open and close my badlands doors all day long with key fob in house. No alarm. Dash just says no key detected
When it is enabled?

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The "Perimeter Security System" is available as an add on.

ML3Z-19A361-A

It's $207.61 at Granger and a $65.00 install (if it's not included in your build spec sheet)
Your Ford reward points could make it free.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So if you lock it with the remote, it should arm the alarm. If you lock it with the key or manually it may not be on.

RJC

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So if you lock it with the remote, it should arm the alarm. If you lock it with the key or manually it may not be on.
Possible, even my 2002 f150 alarms when I reach thru window and unlock door. Maybe I can test the bronco that way. Has soft top so locking doors when leaving vehicle at trail heads is a mute point 🤣. I'll just fabricate a strong box for back

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Far as I know, I went thru all menus and turned everything on
As in you pressed the lock button on the remote to lock all the doors and enable the alarm.
Sponsored