Sponsored

Perimeter rooftop lighting- wiring/sealing w/o drilling ??

Kameronatm

Badlands
First Name
Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am adding diode dynamics ssc2 lights to the factory roof rack. I wired it to the factory aux rear quarter panel lead. I still need to lengthen the backlit power lead to reach the 12v in the back. I plan to put a 2 way switch and mount it in the back. I have ordered more foam gasket material to try to seal where the cable goes between the mic top panels(it leaks currently). Any other ideas or recommendations welcomed.

13A2A26C-160D-46B5-891C-9CB74E8560F4.jpeg

E37CFFED-DA97-4FD4-AEAA-B3D4864B235D.jpeg

15E44A58-C53C-4C86-802A-4DAF1932D4AC.jpeg
Sponsored

Reactions: R11

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Where is that rear quarter panel wire at?

OP
OP
Kameronatm

Kameronatm

Badlands
First Name
Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sponsored

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looking forward to seeing what people figure out for lights in these locations.

Some of the demos from Ford showed lights in these locations, but obviously routing wires through the roof is going to be problematic.

I think I'd tie in to the pre-run wire at the windshield, and then run the wire along the rack to get to the lights. Maybe with some sort of quick disconnect for when you remove the rack.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm apparently a terrible searcher or flat out idiot. I searched the forum, google..ect multiple times and never did find it. Thanks
remove the passenger rear cargo panel, it’s a white and orange wire circled below. Can’t miss it. Then you will need get behind the glove box to tie it to a pass through wire to get it to the aux wires in the engine compartment.

Ford Bronco Perimeter rooftop lighting- wiring/sealing w/o drilling ?? 1655487254133

OP
OP
Kameronatm

Kameronatm

Badlands
First Name
Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looking forward to seeing what people figure out for lights in these locations.

Some of the demos from Ford showed lights in these locations, but obviously routing wires through the roof is going to be problematic.

I think I'd tie in to the pre-run wire at the windshield, and then run the wire along the rack to get to the lights. Maybe with some sort of quick disconnect for when you remove the rack.
I thought about doing that for a long time. Could hide the QD connector under the painted cap where the roof rack mounts. But I wanted to avoid all the zip tied wiring all around the roof rack so I am trying it this way for now. Currently trying to figure out how to tie the backlit wiring into the 12v rear outlet.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I wanted some lights up there too, but never figured out an acceptable way to run the wiring. I ended up with reverse lights below the bumper and cargo light on the lift gate. Lights up the rear which was perfect for my needs. Lights up there for the sides would be great, but I’m not drilling the top!

Ford Bronco Perimeter rooftop lighting- wiring/sealing w/o drilling ?? FD2E37ED-1F94-464E-B83A-10C73E723C63
Ford Bronco Perimeter rooftop lighting- wiring/sealing w/o drilling ?? 16F65D4C-E44B-455F-923D-B77C4B4E47AF

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I thought about doing that for a long time. Could hide the QD connector under the painted cap where the roof rack mounts. But I wanted to avoid all the zip tied wiring all around the roof rack so I am trying it this way for now. Currently trying to figure out how to tie the backlit wiring into the 12v rear outlet.
Be aware the 12v outlet stays on for an hour after you shutdown the Bronco, so your backlights will stay on too. This adapter harness makes it real easy to tap into the adapter without splicing wires.

4D Tech | Ford Upgrades, Replacements & Accessories

OP
OP
Kameronatm

Kameronatm

Badlands
First Name
Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 4dr