Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
that turns back on with every engine restart. but yes, it disables the timeout. i'd like to shut it off forever.
I didn’t realize it resets itself! That’s another dumb thing ford did added to the list.
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is very disappointing. Just to put it in context, one of the last times I went camping it was an extremely hot day and my fridge had significantly drained my battery station. So I plugged the fridge back into my Jeep, plug my battery station back into the inverter and then let the Jeep idle for an hour or two to charge everything up.

Yeah, it wasted a little bit of gas, not very much... But it sure beats losing all of my food.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Had someone not mentioned the feature was even a thing, you never would’ve realized it even had it. Seems ridiculous to get fed up about it or even consider it a “negative”. Also not sure what charging the battery has to do with a 30 min max idle. This feature will never even affect 99% of bronco owners.
Oh no, I would have realized quickly on my first off-road trip, but I would have panicked because I would have thought the fuel pump or something went out on my Bronco And that's why it wasn't running like I left it.

As far as the battery charging, I simply meant that every time you start the vehicle, the power that is used from the battery takes longer than 30 minutes of idle to put back. Therefore if I want the vehicle to stay running, and keep restarting it, I'm going backwards in my overall battery voltage.

Guess I'll just have to remember to go through the screen and temporarily turn this off this stupid feature in those situations.... Well of course that's assuming my screen even works and it's not the black screen of death ;)

OP
OP
mrjking2000

mrjking2000

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BadSasquatch, 2019 F-250 PowerStroker
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
so to address the whole, idling doesn't charge your battery... i disagree. reason being these variable voltage alternators shut off when they no longer need to charge your battery. look at the "gauges" screen on the dash (by the speedometer). i'm often seeing the voltage drop back to 12.9 within a few minutes of starting up the bronco. so as long as you didn't have a fridge pulling your battery down all night, you can charge up the battery pretty quick if it's healthy.

cyberfalco

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK, 2000 Ram 2500, 1993 FZJ80, 1994 FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Threads like these make me feel warm inside. My newest vehicle besides the Bronco was a 2011.
so to address the whole, idling doesn't charge your battery... i disagree. reason being these variable voltage alternators shut off when they no longer need to charge your battery. look at the "gauges" screen on the dash (by the speedometer). i'm often seeing the voltage drop back to 12.9 within a few minutes of starting up the bronco. so as long as you didn't have a fridge pulling your battery down all night, you can charge up the battery pretty quick if it's healthy.
Yup! Variable voltage alternators. Even my 2000 Dodge Ram has it. The computer will bring up the voltage over 14V when charging is needed and drop it down to like 12.9V when not. You can see it on the voltage gauge in your Bronco.

Even when idling. If the voltage does not go up when you idle, then you need an alternator or maybe even a new battery.

Sponsored
OP
OP
mrjking2000

mrjking2000

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Even when idling. If the voltage does not go up when you idle, then you need an alternator or maybe even a new battery.
when i start it up, it goes to 14.5 and then 15.1, and within a few minutes back to 12.9. if you kick the heated seats on, headlights, etc etc, alternator will ramp back up into the 14s. so it is indeed charged within a few minutes if you have a healthy setup (like a brand new vehicle with less than 1000 miles on it).

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Of all things.... I know this seems superficial, but I'm getting really fed up with all these small little negatives with the Bronco.
If it hadn't been for FORSCAN, I would have already traded my Bronco in for something else. The little superficial things I have addressed via FORSCAN make my Bronco so much more livable.

OP
OP
mrjking2000

mrjking2000

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If it hadn't been for FORSCAN, I would have already traded my Bronco in for something else. The little superficial things I have addressed via FORSCAN make my Bronco so much more livable.
forscan is awesome!

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Agreed, you can charge it idle, I was just saying it takes a while. Now I haven't done any test, but if your Bronco's shutting off after 15 to 30 minutes that may not be enough, especially with all the other electronics pulling on the battery at the same time.

Toss in some start stop technology, and it's a wonder these things ever get a chance to fully charge :)

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Exactly. It's not any particular one thing, I'm sure not going to get rid of the Bronco because it doesn't have rear cup holders!

But man this stuff just keeps piling on!

Fyi @Snacktime ... Just got the call from my dealer. The Bronco is in! Picking it up on Saturday (because that's the soon as I can drive down there)

Sponsored

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Fyi @Snacktime ... Just got the call from my dealer. The Bronco is in! Picking it up on Saturday (because that's the soon as I can drive down there)
I had Bronco Flu when mine came in, it lasted a couple of days and I felt much better after all the wrenching coughing.

OP
OP
mrjking2000

mrjking2000

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
found this in the super duty forscan doc. has anyone tried it on a bronco yet?

Automatic Engine Idle Shutdown - DisableIPC720-01-01x*xxxxxxxx--Subtract 8 from stock number. Remember that A=10, B=11, C=12, D=13, E=14, F=15.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

found this in the super duty forscan doc. has anyone tried it on a bronco yet?

Automatic Engine Idle Shutdown - DisableIPC720-01-01x*xxxxxxxx--Subtract 8 from stock number. Remember that A=10, B=11, C=12, D=13, E=14, F=15.
When I was doing some research a while back, I came across that same thing. But I swear if you continue to read the same thread you'll find that it didn't even work for the f-150s.

Could be wrong... I swear I remember reading something about how Ford removed or blocked the police mode

OP
OP
mrjking2000

mrjking2000

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I may have figured it out!

Ford Bronco permanently disable 30 minute idle timeout 1677883676002

in forscan, in the IPC config. You can disable auto idle engine shutdown, but it has a message attached that you must change one more thing in the BCM config. But it doesn't tell you what. Well after a little experimenting, it appears to be "police idle" that has to be enabled.

Once both were applied, the 30 minute max idle is off on every startup!

By god, if i want to let my vehicle idle for 2 hours, i want to let it idle for two hours!

Bruzer22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can see the need for the max idle feature. During one visit, my sister-in-law borrowed my wife's Jeep. After running some errands and having dinner with friends, she got home and said "your car starts automatically every time I open the door, that's cool!". Ends up, she was never hitting the start/stop button to turn if off when she parked anywhere, she thought it turned off when you put it in park.
Sponsored