Sponsored

pet owners with heated seats - what seat covers did you choose?

pr0xy

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' 2DR Wildtrak, 79' Jeep CJ7
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

for context before got bronco my daily drivers were 79 cj and 06 h3 so this is my first vehicle with heated seats.

i have a dog and she goes with me everywhere so want to protect leather seats. i went with coverking because were on ford accessories website, and has layer of neoprene material which will withstand heat. in addition there isn't anything in product description that said don't use on heated seat, and coverkings website just mentions drawback that heat will not transfer as quickly. so based on those factors presumed ok to use..

so was surprised to open the box and see warning to not use on heated seats.
Ford Bronco pet owners with heated seats - what seat covers did you choose? 1643637025562

do people put seat covers on heated seats? can a seat cover even damage a heated seat or vice versa? i mean ffs its not a lithium ion battery so thought of catching fire seems absurd.

for sanity check i emailed dealer asking for warranty statement to confirm I am not misinterpreting the warning.
Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm not afraid of my cloths going up in flames, using heated seats, any cover should do.