First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess for me it doesn't really matter anyways. Waiting on basemansquatch. Just here to complain this morning.
I really don't see it as complaining...more like venting...I am a 7/14 @7:30 am res 2 dr BL 2.3 7M...at this point who knows when I'm gonna get a Bronco...Maybe not even a 21 and I'm not gonna lie, that's frustrating as hell! but I said long ago that I'm gonna get a Bronco no matter what! If I have to wait so be it! It is what it is! In the meantime I'm gonna get on here and cuss and fuss and discuss with my B6G Brochachos...ohh and Brochachoettes!!!
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Final Assembly.

MAP has a unique layout, where there are 2 separate body and paint shops (1 for Ranger, one for Bronco), that then feed parts over a set of RR tracks and onto a blended final assembly line.

There are some teething pains with Final adjusting to the MP2 pace. Thus the SLOW ramp up from 100 daily planned units to 200.
The large company I worked for in my second life usually had some "teething" pains at new product start up. They were mostly expected, and were smoothed out in a few days. Then it was off to the races. I expect you folks will have everything under control soon. Thanks for the update Ross.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't forget that this thing exploded shortly after launch...
Nope! 🙅‍♂️

@ehssey, I realize you were just joking, but I would like to correct the record anyway, for the benefit of forum sanity. ;)

The shuttle launch shown in that GIF was Space Shuttle Atlantis (STS-132), which had a successful launch and landing in 2010 and achieved numerous milestones along the way.

Worth a trip down memory lane, with the mission highlights video set to the launch time that matches @vrtical's shuttle launch GIF (5:17, or t=317s)...

Ford Bronco PHASE 2 PRODUCTION OFFICIALLY UNDERWAY for 2021 Bronco STS-132

Here is the video...

Positive thoughts, people! 😁

Last edited:

Brichan

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do they have chips set aside for all of these? I have a hard time believing Broncos will be getting chips when Super Duties are sitting without chips.
Different vehicles use different chips. I thought the biggest issue with Fords chip shortages were they decommitted from their suppliers when Covid hit, expecting demand to fall way off and when it didn’t, they had to scramble. The commit for the Bronco chips should have always stayed high and hopefully won’t have the issue

Sponsored

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Our Bronco dreams took another big step forward last night, as Phase 1 Mass Production ended at the transition from day shift to night shift, and Phase 2 Mass Production is officially underway. This is a few days earlier than the planned transition date of 5/3. Published Job1 remains unchanged as Monday, May 3rd.

MP2 phase is planned to begin at 100 units total daily, *slowly* increasing to 200 units daily by the end of May. Another slow ramp up throughout June and July will happen as Final Assembly isn't expected to reach full production speed until early August.

@shoelessjoe I hope your insights show this increase soon!
Can someone tell me what "Job 1" is referring to? Thanks.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Big deal, release the upcoming options, colors, and new models for MY22, since apparently that is where the majority of us reside.

onetong8r

Base
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, VW Beetle, Jeep TJ, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This may be a stupid question but as I read through this thread I was curious, About how many people touch the Bronco at MAP from start to finish? I know the drive train and lots of parts are pre-assembled but how many people work on the assembly line to actually "build" a Bronco?

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Broncos use a different chipset. Covered in many other threads in the forum.
And even if they were the same chips, Ford would certainly be smart to adjust production of any vehicles that have sufficient inventory in order to produce more vehicles that are in demand. This could be a good time to reduce inventory from (example) 83 days down to a more healthy 45 days.

Sponsored
OP
OP
PREMiERdrum

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Big deal, release the upcoming options, colors, and new models for MY22, since apparently that is where the majority of us reside.
If ShoelessJoe and I had that info, we would. Alas.... :rolleyes:

Dimitar

Badlands
First Name
Dimitar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sad. That’s 4500 units in May. That’s only 2.8% of converted reservations 😞

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sad. That’s 4500 units in May. That’s only 2.8% of converted reservations 😞
But we are all 4,500 units closer to getting ours. Stay positive. 🍺

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
F-150 inventory is very slim. My salesman told me yesterday they've taken them off X-plan until things improve.
Yeah...Unfortunately I am aware of that too, the reason I said 'some". Trying to be the glass half full guy!
Sponsored