Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I just got off the phone with Ford Marketing. They made it very clear they will not allow you to switch dealers after the reservation is made. Let me repeat. YOU CAN NOT SWITCH DEALERS. I cried over and over again about dealer mark ups and missing out on the opportunity to buy my reserved FE.

That being said, the rep mentioned if they have enough cases of people calling in that they will reconsider this.

I urge everyone who has the this concern to call Ford Marketing at 800-344-4375.
Sponsored

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just got off the phone with Ford Marketing. They made it very clear they will not allow you to switch dealers after the reservation is made. Let me repeat. YOU CAN NOT SWITCH DEALERS. I cried over and over again about dealer mark ups and missing out on the opportunity to buy my reserved FE.

That being said, the rep mentioned if they have enough cases of people calling in that they will reconsider this.

I urge everyone who has the this concern to call Ford Marketing at 800-344-4375.
This unfortunately echoes what I was told yesterday by a customer rep. Hopefully folks make enough noise to give us the option.

BroncoHooves

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Pretty stupid IMO; the Ford website even indicated you could change dealers on the reservation page. Did they just hide that now?

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was told the same. They said half the calls they are getting are for this exact issue.

Sponsored

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It says you can switch dealers right in the FAQ

Ford Bronco Phone Call with Ford Marketing - Reservation Dealer Switch 9A0103BF-EE20-48EF-B6FA-B60FDA7ACEC3
According to the customer care rep I spoke with yesterday, that’s not the policy in place. Which is less than ideal.

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was told the same. They said half the calls they are getting are for this exact issue.
I was told if i wanted to change dealers to make another reservation. I said had 2, but 1 was canceled, and I was not able to make another. There was no real response to that other than to reach out to the dealer...

OP
OP
BuckinT29

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If you are like me canceling and submitting another reservation for a FE is pointless I just sent Ford a msg on Instagram about this. Hoping this pushes them

tonyxit

Base
First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford could be getting strong push back from the dealer assn.......

Sponsored

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i just called and pushed them hard. Not only with the screen shot but it was their own website issues (geolocator) that caused a LOT of people to be at the wrong dealer. I hope we can get a lot more people to call in. I may call again tomorrow and ask to speak to a supervisor.

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been working with customer service and have sent them a requested screen shot of the FAQ. They have not shut me down yet. It's been elevated and I should hear back in a few days.

I will let you know if I have any success.

King Dusty

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, First Edition...
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ford could be getting strong push back from the dealer assn.......
I'd imagine the only dealers that would push back are those that are charging ADM. This is the problem when a traditional auto maker goes the deposit route of the likes of Tesla or any other direct to consumer type product manufacturer. Further, it should be illegal to take a deposit on item for which you can not guarantee MSRP or provide exact pricing. Poor form.

Awaiting pricing info from my area dealer. If unable to guarantee MSRP, will be calling. I'll also say that the vehicle should follow the reservation holder and that the holder's dealers should get whatever those vehicles are without regard to any type of allocation system, i.e, in the same time frame no matter big city store or rural. It's a testament to how some the smaller mom and pop dealers operate.

Last edited:

harpo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, if the dealer is an ass I can walk. I don't need new car and it just gives me an excuse to not buy what I don't really need. At that point though it is unlikely that I would ever consider buying a Bronco again.

I'm surprised the dealers all agreed to it - given my area most people who would buy a bronco would all be directed to same dealer even though there are 3 dealers I could buy from.
Sponsored