Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Response from my dealer was:

"There is talk that there might be an overage of MSRP on these vehicle but def will not be under. If a dealer is telling you under there is no way they will be doing that"

So I know I'm in trouble
As bad as I want the FE that I reserved, I highly doubt I'll pay over MSRP for it. I'll move down to another package or decide to move to another Brand all together. Ford has a chance hear to do the right thing for all the folks that particapted in their crash and burn reserve process. Lets see if they can step up and let us swittch dealers as idicated.
Sponsored

ChrisMig

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 FX4 Tremor, 2007 Roush 427R Mustang
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
As bad as I want the FE that I reserved, I highly doubt I'll pay over MSRP for it. I'll move down to another package or decide to move to another Brand all together. Ford has a chance hear to do the right thing for all the folks that particapted in their crash and burn reserve process. Lets see if they can step up and let us swittch dealers as idicated.

I reserved a 4 door outer banks at another dealer just in case.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This could be the worse car buying experiance in my life. FORD GET YOUR SH-T TOGETHER AND ALLOW US TO MOVE ARE RESERVATION TO WHICH EVER DEALER WE PREFER.
People are complaining that Ford has done a terrible job with the reservation process which I agree they did. At the same time , I'm seeing a lot of people that apparently didn't spend the long wait for the reveal to do any research on the dealers in their area and ask questions before placing their reservations. They just threw $100 at any dealer that popped up. I tried doing a run through and it gave me a list of dealers in my area to choose from.

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I agree. How are we going to test drive these things? Have to get my fiance behind the whole thing. This is "her" car after all.
My wife and watched the reveal together, after it was done she was said "Sounds like you will be going for the Bronco over the Rubicon", I give her the what do you mean glare and she says "it has everything you've been waiting for Jeep to provide".

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

People are complaining that Ford has done a terrible job with the reservation process which I agree they did. At the same time , I'm seeing a lot of people that apparently didn't spend the long wait for the reveal to do any research on the dealers in their area and ask questions before placing their reservations. They just threw $100 at any dealer that popped up. I tried doing a run through and it gave me a list of dealers in my area to choose from.
Well for me the system kept saying the dealer I chose was not available when I hadn't selected one. I waited till Tuesday to reserve, picked my preferred (which is not my nearest dealer) dealer but as soon as I went to the next page it would default to my nearest dealer. When I though my preferred dealer was selected, I proceeded only to find out it chose my nearest dealer. I'm not worried as it will get canceled if I can't get to alteast sit ii it before I pay.

In all honesty it may not be until things settle down before I pull the trigger unless something extraordinary happens!

Sponsored

Colorado buff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner 2000, Mini Cooper convertible
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is stupid, why in the auto industry cam different dealers mark up how they want. If the car is 40K it’s 40K. Ford should just sell direct, such an archaic sales model.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well for me the system kept saying the dealer I chose was not available when I hadn't selected one. I waited till Tuesday to reserve, picked my preferred (which is not my nearest dealer) dealer but as soon as I went to the next page it would default to my nearest dealer. When I though my preferred dealer was selected, I proceeded only to find out it chose my nearest dealer. I'm not worried as it will get canceled if I can't get to alteast sit ii it before I pay.

In all honesty it may not be until things settle down before I pull the trigger unless something extraordinary happens!
I saw the same thing for about 3 hours after the reveal and then it would let me select the dealer I wanted. Prior to that I kept getting error pages and trying to steer me to a different dealer.

Colorado buff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Honestly, all you first edition should get together and comment on fords instagram, Facebook and any other social media channels. This will get them to act as they don’t want the launch of a lifetime being ruined by this issue.

Posting on here won’t make a difference as this site (as awesome as it is), is not as visible.

This site is great to organize though. As a marketer, that’s my two cents. I believe ford will do the right thing in the end especially if enough complain about lack of fairness.

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, if the dealer is an ass I can walk. I don't need new car and it just gives me an excuse to not buy what I don't really need. At that point though it is unlikely that I would ever consider buying a Bronco again.

I'm surprised the dealers all agreed to it - given my area most people who would buy a bronco would all be directed to same dealer even though there are 3 dealers I could buy from.
I got a suggestion from a friend and forced the website by entering the zip of that one dealer. But I wasn't trying for a FE. That sucks.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I did the research and most dealers told me they did not know the reserve process as Ford hadn't sent out information on it. Heck even a day after the reservation the dealer I have my reserved FE with still dosen't have any information for me. If a dealer decides to charge over MSRP and another dealer down the road accepts my X-Plan, I should be able to exercise my right to switch dealers. Especially as it was implied that you can switch from Ford website ( Customers can reach out to Ford customer support for assistant should they need to change dealerships ). I'm not a lawyer but huge price difference warrants a need to change dealerships. This smells like a lawsuit waiting to happen if Ford can't honor their online statements. Ford was worried about releasing the Bronco on OJ'S birthday, I wonder how they feel about a class action suit on how they deceived their
loyal customers. I'm the owner of three companies and my policy is if my customer isn't happy I'm not happy.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
BuckinT29

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Honestly, all you first edition should get together and comment on fords instagram, Facebook and any other social media channels. This will get them to act as they don’t want the launch of a lifetime being ruined by this issue.

Posting on here won’t make a difference as this site (as awesome as it is), is not as visible.

This site is great to organize though. As a marketer, that’s my two cents. I believe ford will do the right thing in the end especially if enough complain about lack of fairness.

I sent a msg to their IG account

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Read this on another thread., not sure how reliable but makes sense. If you have another dealer you would like to switch your reservation to they could assist you in getting your reservation switched to them. If it's true it would be a win win. Win for us as we can negotiate the price and win for them as they have a extra unit sold.

jlhill16

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Oh this site is very visible!

Colorado buff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Oh this site is very visible!
You missed the point. Engaging ford at their social media pages will be more effective due to them having to respond to sensible complaints in a respectful manner on their pages, but yes they can and seem to be social listening this site.

jlhill16

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You missed the point. Engaging ford at their social media pages will be more effective due to them having to respond to sensible complaints in a respectful manner on their pages, but yes they can and seem to be social listening this site.

I agree with you and wanted to add that Ford does keep tabs on all social media including this forum. Go Bronco!
Sponsored