Photo added: Just got the call - My Bronco has been delivered --- but damaged hood!

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Waiting on photos from the sales manager - he has informed me that there is damaged the roof hood of the Bronco.

The sales manager is supposed to give me my options tonight for how to address it.

updated: photo attached. There is one paint chip spot and several dents equivalent to what you would see from a hail stone
53B9C518-B1D0-4BCD-A31B-726C7AAAFE5C.jpeg

I think I know the perfect fix for this.

Ford Bronco Photo added: Just got the call - My Bronco has been delivered --- but damaged hood! perfectfix

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wasn’t joking! I did not know that. I fear there might be some of us, including me, that might find out our Bronco was on that train. Praying there wasn’t many Broncos on that derailment.
Hadn’t seen the post on the train derailment

No Broncos would be on that train. It was headed east from Kansas City to Illinois. Also, you’re in Northern California. Your Bronco will go further north through Chicago > Nebraska > Salt Lake > Nor Cal

Last edited:

dinkdonk

Black Diamond
First Name
Cynthia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Waiting on photos from the sales manager - he has informed me that there is damaged the roof hood of the Bronco.

The sales manager is supposed to give me my options tonight for how to address it.

updated: photo attached. There is one paint chip spot and several dents equivalent to what you would see from a hail stone
Ford Bronco Photo added: Just got the call - My Bronco has been delivered --- but damaged hood! perfectfix
nope.

OP
OP

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@flip so, the paint touch up the dealer did today is not good. They agree, so the plan is to sand blast the hood and strip it down to bare metal and then repaint it. Any thoughts on this from your perspective?

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@flip so, the paint touch up the dealer did today is not good. They agree, so the plan is to sand blast the hood and strip it down to bare metal and then repaint it. Any thoughts on this from your perspective?
If they put a new hood on it would have to be painted and sheet metal often comes in with damage depending on how it was handled in shipping. If the dings were pushed out or they didn't have to fill much I wouldn't have a problem. As with any paint or body work, it all comes down to their workmanship and materials. When these are painted at the factory it's all done at once, they are going to have to match your RR (thankfully it's not a tri-coat) to the fenders.

Fresh paint is usually easier to match than a 5 year old paint job. They will most likely do a spray out to make sure it all matches, seal, color and clear. We use Spies Hecker paint and clear on anything warranty or less than 3 years old. It's a more expensive solvent based product but seems to work well for us. We tried water based paints several years ago and didn't have much luck (some was the painter, some process). It can be more difficult to match but is just as durable as solvent, just requires different equipment, application and drying process.

The key is if YOU are satisfied with the work when it's done. If there's a noticeable difference in the paint match or clear have it redone. Factory is good at orange peel, if you have a good painter he/she can replicate it and you'd never know it wasn't factory. Your satisfaction with the repair is all that matters but I'm OK with their repair plan.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Easy fixes. PDR for any dents. And the hood if they are going to re-paint it- perfect- if they have a good body shop and painter. If it's just one or two spots of chipped paint, It can also be fixed with touch up brush primer, then paint, followed by smooth wet sand and blend with the surrounding areas. Then clear coat and buff with drill, soft sponge pad and polishing compound. I had a body shop guy that does this routinely on show cars show me how to do it. The show cars get dented, chipped paint occasionally and they don't get re-painted every time. I now do this all the time for chips, etc. on my cars. It sounds scary but it's all in getting exact match paint, the wet sanding and blending- and using the right grit- going down to very, very fine grit. Then polishing to blend in the clear. It may take a few times of practice but the results are pretty good after you do it a few times. This technique also works great for painting or touching up chipped wheels.

SassyBronco2021

Outer Banks
First Name
Sharon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 Chrysler & Torrent GM
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

original post updated with photo. Dealer is saying there is one small paint chip on the hood and several dents in the hood.
With the heavy storms Detroit has had with our bronco sitting outside,I can see we're gonna see more of this,it's unfortunate it went unnoticed & it is unacceptable! I just figured there is a final inspection inside and out!
For the rest of us waiting keep on your seatbelt that we buckled up last year, cuz this ride isn't over yet!

OP
OP

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are several more on various Facebook groups that have hood damage. Thanks flip for the guidance. If it doesn’t match the factory fender paint, they are going to have to go to option c.

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Stone chip on delivery truck?

OP
OP

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stone chip on delivery truck?
Looks like it. The touch up job was crap. Now stripping the hood completely and repainting.

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Never they will warp the shit out of it get a new hood!

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The mannequin I test drove had a crappy paint job on it to!