Sponsored

Photo Request: Undercarriage Skid Plates (Not Bandlands or Black Diamond)

ColbyFromBama

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
  • Banned
I already know that the Badlands and Black Diamond trims come with full vehicle steel bash plates. And I know the upgraded modular bumper comes with a front steel bash plate. Do the other trims come standard with any sort of skid plates? I’ve searched all over, and I can’t find any undercarriage pictures of non-badlands Broncos.

Badlands Undercariage:
Ford Bronco Photo Request: Undercarriage Skid Plates (Not Bandlands or Black Diamond) 7C5E0BF8-6E76-48A1-AFAC-D1C596B9DEA8
Sponsored

OP
OP
ColbyFromBama

ColbyFromBama

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
  • Banned

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

In that attachment, at least for my trim, all it said was

Full Vehicle Steel Bash Plates
Note: Requires Front Bumper – Ford Performance Heavy-Duty Modular (55G)

Which one could read as in order to get Full, you have to get the HD bumper.

But I definitely would not take that as fact knowing Ford's proofreading history.

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't they all get the same skid plates as the Badlands and First Edition when you add the HD bumper and slid plates sans the specific one for the sway bar disconnect?

Sponsored

JMBGlass

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tacoma/C.O. Badlands 2.7 4Dr hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone know if these plates are removable? I don't think I'll be rock crawling and I'd like to be able to shed some vehicle weight.

Skeletor

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Whip
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Does anyone know if these plates are removable? I don't think I'll be rock crawling and I'd like to be able to shed some vehicle weight.
That's where I am too. The Black Diamond is basically everything I want, but I am not going to be rock crawling. Not even sure if there is any place near me to rock crawl even if I wanted to.

I'd prefer to have the extra payload to carry more gear, beer, and people. I know the OBX is a little closer to what I want, BUT it just costs so much more. Especially adding in the leather seats. I can just stick with the vinyl and save 2 or 3k.

How much weight do you think removing the plates would shave off?

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's where I am too. The Black Diamond is basically everything I want, but I am not going to be rock crawling. Not even sure if there is any place near me to rock crawl even if I wanted to.

I'd prefer to have the extra payload to carry more gear, beer, and people. I know the OBX is a little closer to what I want, BUT it just costs so much more. Especially adding in the leather seats. I can just stick with the vinyl and save 2 or 3k.

How much weight do you think removing the plates would shave off?
Probably well over 100 pounds but I don’t think the fuel mileage change would be noticeable unless you got rid of the front skid plate too.

Skeletor

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Whip
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Probably well over 100 pounds but I don’t think the fuel mileage change would be noticeable unless you got rid of the front skid plate too.
I'd probably take it all off to be honest. Outside of the weekends it'll be a daily driver. I'm not a great motorist, but I'm not bad enough that I need to worry about undercarriage damage on my commute. 😂😂😂
Sponsored