jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you’re set on matching the mirrors and handles, you could always buy a paintable set from Ford and have them painted.

Sasquatch/BL has a larger (stronger) front axle, gears, lockers, wheels and tires, and the suspension. Getting lockers and gears aftermarket will cost more than the package from Ford, easily.
Oh. You don’t think a paint shop would be able to paint the handles on a badlands?

pacsun82

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 Supercrew 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hole--EE carp!!
The 2D Bronco dwarfs the 2D JK Wrangler.!!!
:oops:
It's the reason the Bronco suffers from payload restrictions with certain add-ons and options. To compete with wrangler in the same class it's limited

Sponsored

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Another reason I'm sticking to Badlands on 33s. That defender is one of the most efficient off roaders on it's time. It's a sleeper on 33s. It's most def a GOAT! Pun intended!

screenshot_20201128-120515_twitter-jpg.jpg

attworth

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover D2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh. You don’t think a paint shop would be able to paint the handles on a badlands?
The plastic will have texture to it, which they may or may not be able to sand smooth enough to get a good looking paint job. Usually people end up buying the paintable ones from the manufacturer.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The plastic will have texture to it, which they may or may not be able to sand smooth enough to get a good looking paint job. Usually people end up buying the paintable ones from the manufacturer.
Got it. So maybe OBX with a minor lift and tires is the way to go. I’m trying to search around the forum about factory lift kits. Why do you think it will be so expensive to lift a stock OBX an inch?

Sponsored

attworth

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover D2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got it. So maybe OBX with a minor lift and tires is the way to go. I’m trying to search around the forum about factory lift kits. Why do you think it will be so expensive to lift a stock OBX an inch?
It’s not the lift that will be expensive (though there will be expensive lifts sold), it’s the gearing, lockers and the housing itself (in the front) that will be costly.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It’s not the lift that will be expensive (though there will be expensive lifts sold), it’s the gearing, lockers and the housing itself (in the front) that will be costly.
I would get the $795 gearing option from the factory which is a 4.27. I don’t have a need for lockers. All I need is say a 0.5-1” lift to swap out the 32s with 33s. Am I missing something that requires additional upgrading?

attworth

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover D2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would get the $795 gearing option from the factory which is a 4.27. I don’t have a need for lockers. All I need is say a 0.5-1” lift to swap out the 32s with 33s. Am I missing something that requires additional upgrading?
Nope! 33’s should be perfectly fine on the smaller front end.

You’ll probably be able to fit 33’s pretty easily on the stock OBX.

PlayBallVegas

First Name
Sue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Titan swapped Nissan Xterra Pro-4X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If you’re set on matching the mirrors and handles, you could always buy a paintable set from Ford and have them painted.

Sasquatch/BL has a larger (stronger) front axle, gears, lockers, wheels and tires, and the suspension. Getting lockers and gears aftermarket will cost more than the package from Ford, easily.
I basically Sasquatched (Titan Swapped the suspension) my 2014 Xterra Pro-4x, everything but the front locker, didn't regear/M205 axle, so only went to 33"s. It ran me close to 10k, including Cooper STT Pros (best tire for desert offroading, imo). Wharever model Bronco I end up deciding on, will be Sasquatched to save some money for more aftermarket goodies ?
Sponsored