Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have to say, this thread’s got me all shook up. I was a Badlands guy until I saw this OuterBanks rig ?. The more interior options, the better looking front grill and removal of the sway bar disconnect has me thinking this may be a better option for me. The only draw back is I want 33’s instead of 35’s on the Sasquatch.
I wanted OBX as well in the beginning but not Squatching it has too many problems to fix and Squatching is not bang for the buck on that model. Painted flares, 18" rims, tires, and grille are too much to change out. I do think it will be the best looking out of all the models with sas and one of the pleated cloth interiors.
Sponsored

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Sorry. I should have kept that to myself. Too many flame wars on that topic already. However, other that the overland concept, this is the first time I’ve thought that. I look forward to seeing more pictures of non-preproduction Broncos.
Oh I’m just kidding around, everyone should do what they like to their Bronco- it’s their ride. Not my money...

TOTALBRO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They in the Joshua Tree area?
So that's rock crawling?
Could probably do that in a Honda Civic.
Guess I don't need a Bronco after all. :p
The rocky canyon shots appear to be in Berdoo Canyon, an entrance into and out of Joshua Tree National Park. Fun and relatively easy trail. It's definitely NOT rock crawling at all. There's only one section remotely resembling actual rock crawling, where you need to navigate a relatively tight left (if heading into the park) leading to a mild staircase of sorts over somewhat slick rock, but even that is easy. I used to go out there pretty often. To give you some personal perspective, I did the entire trail in a stock Honda Element on all season tires, and there was very little worry of messing up the car. I've also managed it a stock Subaru Impreza, though I was a lot more careful that time (and there were some gnarly scrapes underneath, though nothing was actually damaged). In both my Range Rover and Jeep Wrangler, the trail is entirely too easy. It still is one of my favorites in SoCal though. It's the "right" amount of challenging to do in a car like the Honda Element. And no, I'm not like a hardcore rock-crawling guru at all. DHH actually is right in that you probably could swing it in a Honda Civic, though you might need to ride the brakes here and there to trick the car into giving you some traction.

The shots in the desert are likely along the Geology Tour Road, where Berdoo spits you out in the National Park; lots of families in rented minivans do this short (but pretty) loop. Nobody's doing any real high-speed desert running out there -- not without being incredibly reckless and inconsiderate, at least.

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The rocky canyon shots appear to be in Berdoo Canyon, an entrance into and out of Joshua Tree National Park. Fun and relatively easy trail. It's definitely NOT rock crawling at all. There's only one section remotely resembling actual rock crawling, where you need to navigate a relatively tight left (if heading into the park) leading to a mild staircase of sorts over somewhat slick rock, but even that is easy. I used to go out there pretty often. To give you some personal perspective, I did the entire trail in a stock Honda Element on all season tires, and there was very little worry of messing up the car. I've also managed it a stock Subaru Impreza, though I was a lot more careful that time (and there were some gnarly scrapes underneath, though nothing was actually damaged). In both my Range Rover and Jeep Wrangler, the trail is entirely too easy. It still is one of my favorites in SoCal though. It's the "right" amount of challenging to do in a car like the Honda Element. And no, I'm not like a hardcore rock-crawling guru at all. DHH actually is right in that you probably could swing it in a Honda Civic, though you might need to ride the brakes here and there to trick the car into giving you some traction.

The shots in the desert are likely along the Geology Tour Road, where Berdoo spits you out in the National Park; lots of families in rented minivans do this short (but pretty) loop. Nobody's doing any real high-speed desert running out there -- not without being incredibly reckless and inconsiderate, at least.
I haven't been to that area yet! It's on my list. I just knew the trees seemed to be specific to the Twentynine palms/Joshua tree area. I looked into real estate out that way when my friends kid was doing training for the marines!

TOTALBRO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven't been to that area yet! It's on my list. I just knew the trees seemed to be specific to the Twentynine palms/Joshua tree area. I looked into real estate out that way when my friends kid was doing training for the marines!
You'll see them here and there all around the Mojave Desert (and a ways into Nevada as well), but definitely most concentrated right in and around the Joshua Tree NP area.

The real estate market is booming out in that area, as people scoop up rental properties to offer up on Airbnb to the Instagram influencer/Coachella crowd eager to show how "outdoorsy" they are. Buddy of mine bought a property in Twentynine Palms and one in Coachella Valley, and both are rented out year-round. He's earning some pretty nice spending cash just from the two properties. Been considering buying a place out there myself for the same purpose, but I'm also reluctant to contribute to the whole "get outdoors" movement that's destroying so much of what I love about nature.

Sponsored

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m conflicted. I saw the AMB OBX prototype, and was not that impressed. But it was also horrible parking lot lighting, at night, it looked black basically. In these pictures though it does look really really good.

You can just barely see the color in the picture I took here, it was only noticable with light directly on it.
A2C659BA-104A-4013-B0C2-D2489FE6C2EF.jpeg
I would be surprised if AMB would show blue at night even under street lights. That said, during sunlight, it looks good to me.

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You'll see them here and there all around the Mojave Desert (and a ways into Nevada as well), but definitely most concentrated right in and around the Joshua Tree NP area.

The real estate market is booming out in that area, as people scoop up rental properties to offer up on Airbnb to the Instagram influencer/Coachella crowd eager to show how "outdoorsy" they are. Buddy of mine bought a property in Twentynine Palms and one in Coachella Valley, and both are rented out year-round. He's earning some pretty nice spending cash just from the two properties. Been considering buying a place out there myself for the same purpose, but I'm also reluctant to contribute to the whole "get outdoors" movement that's destroying so much of what I love about nature.
I get that I'd be the same way! Not wanting to make it more popular! Remote areas are becoming not so remote these days!

Sponsored

Daisy76

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m conflicted. I saw the AMB OBX prototype, and was not that impressed. But it was also horrible parking lot lighting, at night, it looked black basically. In these pictures though it does look really really good.

You can just barely see the color in the picture I took here, it was only noticable with light directly on it.
A2C659BA-104A-4013-B0C2-D2489FE6C2EF.jpeg
Yep its Black, you need to go a different color. ?

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting. Aside from being a great looking vehicle which I can't wait to own... the IFS remains the big question mark for those of us who like to wheel on the rocks.

Those are very small rocks. At first glance the articulation displayed here doesn't inspire a great deal of confidence in this being a machine which can really keep pace with the solid front axle Jeeps on the technical trails. Equivalent - hiking a mountain trail wearing ski boots... maybe that's a bit on the extreme side of the analogy scale, but it fits...

Bates63

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Awesome side by side comparison with a 2 door wrangler. I want a 2 door so bad (as I reserved) but my wife and teenage girls are pushing for the 4 door.
I’m really struggling with the 2 dr vs. 4 dr decision. Empty nester so no kids at home. 2 dr looks so good and agile plus fuel economy. I don’t want any regrets of lack of cargo and highway ride..... I sure like the 2 dr pricing more too!
Sponsored