Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 FE Cactus Gray; '22 GMC Yukon AT4;
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I finally got to install my @Baja Designs bumper pocket fog light kit this. morning. Everything was super easy except loosening the T40 screws on the underside of the bumper. Luckily, my Ford Dealer was super excited to see a 1st Edition roll up in the service bay and they graciously loosened the screws for me. It looked like they were painted with the bumper and it took two technicians to loosen so they didn't strip the screws, but they got them out! That's really the only issue I had.

Everything on this kit was super straightforward and easy. I wired the SAE lights to Aux 6 since it's easy to flip while driving and put the spots on Aux 5. Again, the upfitter option was so easy it actually makes me want to add more accessories!! Such a great feature on this Bronco. We tied the extra wire to the crash bar to ensure it was out of the way of the front wheel as well as keeping wires invisible. There's also plenty of space under the hood to tie off the extra wires without getting in the way.

All in all, I 'm super pleased with both the function, look, and ease of install with these Fog Lights.

Ford Bronco Photos: Installed Aftermarket Baja Designs Bumper Pocket Fog Light Kit IMG_2576
Ford Bronco Photos: Installed Aftermarket Baja Designs Bumper Pocket Fog Light Kit IMG_2568
Ford Bronco Photos: Installed Aftermarket Baja Designs Bumper Pocket Fog Light Kit IMG_2567
Ford Bronco Photos: Installed Aftermarket Baja Designs Bumper Pocket Fog Light Kit IMG_2566
Ford Bronco Photos: Installed Aftermarket Baja Designs Bumper Pocket Fog Light Kit IMG_2569

We ran the wire from the px side in front of the bumper using the skid plate connection point as a reference (coat hanger helps here!!)

Ford Bronco Photos: Installed Aftermarket Baja Designs Bumper Pocket Fog Light Kit IMG_2570

Kept the extra wires in front of the wheel well to prevent any rubbing. The top of the crash bar has holes that you can zip tie to.

Ford Bronco Photos: Installed Aftermarket Baja Designs Bumper Pocket Fog Light Kit IMG_2571

Plenty of space to drop the wires down to get to your fog light pocket (again, coat hanger helps!!!)

Ford Bronco Photos: Installed Aftermarket Baja Designs Bumper Pocket Fog Light Kit IMG_2572

Easy tuck in of extra wire by battery. No heat or moving parts here.

Ford Bronco Photos: Installed Aftermarket Baja Designs Bumper Pocket Fog Light Kit IMG_2573

Again - so easy and happy to have these upfitter wires just ready for you. Grounding points here as well.

Ford Bronco Photos: Installed Aftermarket Baja Designs Bumper Pocket Fog Light Kit IMG_2575
Sponsored

George De

Outer Banks
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Defender
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
PizzaMan

Great Job - Have a 2 Door Outer Banks w Heavy-Duty Modular Front Bumper reserved for my Daughter and was wondering how to install fog lights.

Question: Did your Bronco not have a factory Fog light switch nor wire harness since your Bronco came also with the Heavy-Duty Modular Front Bumper?

I reviewed the Baja Designs web site and Bumper Pocket Fog Light Kit instructions and yours above and its an excellent upgrade.

Thank you

DeGo

OP
OP
PizzaMan

PizzaMan

First Edition
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

PizzaMan

Great Job - Have a 2 Door Outer Banks w Heavy-Duty Modular Front Bumper reserved for my Daughter and was wondering how to install fog lights.

Question: Did your Bronco not have a factory Fog light switch nor wire harness since your Bronco came also with the Heavy-Duty Modular Front Bumper?

I reviewed the Baja Designs web site and Bumper Pocket Fog Light Kit instructions and yours above and its an excellent upgrade.

Thank you

DeGo
Hey there. No. I have a First Edition and fog lights arenā€™t an option. I do have the upfitter switches so I had already planned on using those. They also provide regular switches if your Bronco doesnā€™t have the upfitter.

Sponsored

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.evergreenclothier.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 Tiguan S w/4motion | '14 Fiesta SE Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This looks pretty good, the kit is growing on me more and more. How are the ambers? Have you had and fog or heavy rain to test them out? Curious what the brightness is like on this set up. I have S2 Pros as ditch lights and theyā€™re amazing!

dweskamp

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I finally got to install my @Baja Designs bumper pocket fog light kit this. morning. Everything was super easy except loosening the T40 screws on the underside of the bumper. Luckily, my Ford Dealer was super excited to see a 1st Edition roll up in the service bay and they graciously loosened the screws for me. It looked like they were painted with the bumper and it took two technicians to loosen so they didn't strip the screws, but they got them out! That's really the only issue I had.

Everything on this kit was super straightforward and easy. I wired the SAE lights to Aux 6 since it's easy to flip while driving and put the spots on Aux 5. Again, the upfitter option was so easy it actually makes me want to add more accessories!! Such a great feature on this Bronco. We tied the extra wire to the crash bar to ensure it was out of the way of the front wheel as well as keeping wires invisible. There's also plenty of space under the hood to tie off the extra wires without getting in the way.

All in all, I 'm super pleased with both the function, look, and ease of install with these Fog Lights.

Ford Bronco Photos: Installed Aftermarket Baja Designs Bumper Pocket Fog Light Kit CA4DC59D-7A33-4822-B14A-20D09BA20368
Ford Bronco Photos: Installed Aftermarket Baja Designs Bumper Pocket Fog Light Kit CA4DC59D-7A33-4822-B14A-20D09BA20368

We ran the wire from the px side in front of the bumper using the skid plate connection point as a reference (coat hanger helps here!!)

Kept the extra wires in front of the wheel well to prevent any rubbing. The top of the crash bar has holes that you can zip tie to.

Plenty of space to drop the wires down to get to your fog light pocket (again, coat hanger helps!!!)

Easy tuck in of extra wire by battery. No heat or moving parts here.

Again - so easy and happy to have these upfitter wires just ready for you. Grounding points here as well.

Looks great, I didn't know they were shipping. Is there a reason you mounted the sport lights upside down. No disrespect just curious if that's how they must go. The lens are directional, outside lights aim outward.

Vantcrst

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Ford F-150, Mercedes 4x4 Sprinter Van,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those look pretty good. Report back when you have had them out on the trail at night. I am curious if the beams/lighting zones are effected by the fact that they are recessed in to the bumper. Probably wouldnā€™t effect the spot but I do wonder if the bumper enclosures blocks part of the SAE/wide cornering beam?

OP
OP
PizzaMan

PizzaMan

First Edition
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This looks pretty good, the kit is growing on me more and more. How are the ambers? Have you had and fog or heavy rain to test them out? Curious what the brightness is like on this set up. I have S2 Pros as ditch lights and theyā€™re amazing!
They are so bright!! Iā€™m not sure how to rate them but they certainly brighten up the road in the rain/fog(although it wasnā€™t that bad). I havenā€™t aligned them properly but also havenā€™t had any issues with illumination. Hope that helps?!

OP
OP
PizzaMan

PizzaMan

First Edition
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Looks great, I didn't know they were shipping. Is there a reason you mounted the sport lights upside down. No disrespect just curious if that's how they must go. The lens are directional, outside lights aim outward.
Thereā€™s only one way they can mount and the faceplate was installed upside down from the factory. I didnā€™t want to try and flip it in case they were sealed some how. I also didnā€™t think youā€™d see that except in my pictures šŸ˜‚.

Sponsored

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thereā€™s only one way they can mount and the faceplate was installed upside down from the factory. I didnā€™t want to try and flip it in case they were sealed some how. I also didnā€™t think youā€™d see that except in my pictures šŸ˜‚.
Iā€™ve seen videos from Baja about them being user serviceable to change out the lenses. If you cared to, it shouldnā€™t be too much trouble to flip the face plate around.

dweskamp

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Diode optics has a 15% Off til the 10th. I bought 3 sets of the ss3 pods. Their bracket is coming soon. Code is LABOR.

OP
OP
PizzaMan

PizzaMan

First Edition
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Iā€™ve seen videos from Baja about them being user serviceable to change out the lenses. If you cared to, it shouldnā€™t be too much trouble to flip the face plate around.
Awesome!! Thanks for that update!!

OP
OP
PizzaMan

PizzaMan

First Edition
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Diode optics has a 15% Off til the 10th. I bought 3 sets of the ss3 pods. Their bracket is coming soon. Code is LABOR.
Thereā€™s also a discount for Baja on this forum. I got 10% off. Without Diode Having a bracket, I didnā€™t like the way their solution looks.

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™ve seen other threads with people saying the brackets arenā€™t sold by themselvesā€¦you should probably call them to get in writing that they can sell the brackets later, without buying the whole kit.
Sponsored