Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Very interesting! I bought directly from Baja Designs. It still said “Pre-Order” when I purchased so I was pleasantly surprised when they shipped right away. Your probably right about the Raptor kit because they also forgot the washer/nuts needed to mount them to the bracket.

When I called Baja, they let me know that some kits went out the door mistakenly without those parts. I asked the tech (who was very helpful) if I could just go to my local hardware store and get them and he gave me the exact thing to get. A couple of bucks later and my impatient self had the lights installed!!

So that makes sense why the faceplates are upside down!!

Appreciate the suggestion on controlling each light!! I didn’t know that was an option!! Great stuff!

It's not an option with Baja, but since we develop our own kits in-house we have it available :)

It's actually how we ship our Baja kits to our customers. Rather then the spaghetti of harnesses (which you're familiar with now) we make it REALLY nice and include an all-in-one harness. Less frustration that way with all the wires and just makes it super simple, especially with the connectors pre-labeled already.
Sponsored

OP
OP
PizzaMan

PizzaMan

First Edition
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 FE Cactus Gray; '22 GMC Yukon AT4;
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It's not an option with Baja, but since we develop our own kits in-house we have it available :)

It's actually how we ship our Baja kits to our customers. Rather then the spaghetti of harnesses (which you're familiar with now) we make it REALLY nice and include an all-in-one harness. Less frustration that way with all the wires and just makes it super simple, especially with the connectors pre-labeled already.
Great option!! I’d prefer to do it your way if I did it over again!! Nice solution!

Clearwater native

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19F-59,16-E350, 65C10,05TJ, 67RSCamaro, 65malibuSS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like mine and because of this forum I found them and installed recently, Thanks for info!

Ford Bronco Photos: Installed Aftermarket Baja Designs Bumper Pocket Fog Light Kit IMG_0588.JPG

JVill

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
PizzaMan

Great Job - Have a 2 Door Outer Banks w Heavy-Duty Modular Front Bumper reserved for my Daughter and was wondering how to install fog lights.

Question: Did your Bronco not have a factory Fog light switch nor wire harness since your Bronco came also with the Heavy-Duty Modular Front Bumper?

I reviewed the Baja Designs web site and Bumper Pocket Fog Light Kit instructions and yours above and its an excellent upgrade.

Thank you

DeGo
DeGo,

I just ordered an Outer Banks with the Modular bumper and I am also curious about the whether the factory fog light wire harness is there or not. Please post when you get the Bronco. Thank you!

Will_in_HiFi

Black Diamond
First Name
WILL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4dr BD Mansquatch, 1989 Bronco 2, 1996 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I finally got to install my @Baja Designs bumper pocket fog light kit this. morning. Everything was super easy except loosening the T40 screws on the underside of the bumper. Luckily, my Ford Dealer was super excited to see a 1st Edition roll up in the service bay and they graciously loosened the screws for me. It looked like they were painted with the bumper and it took two technicians to loosen so they didn't strip the screws, but they got them out! That's really the only issue I had.

Everything on this kit was super straightforward and easy. I wired the SAE lights to Aux 6 since it's easy to flip while driving and put the spots on Aux 5. Again, the upfitter option was so easy it actually makes me want to add more accessories!! Such a great feature on this Bronco. We tied the extra wire to the crash bar to ensure it was out of the way of the front wheel as well as keeping wires invisible. There's also plenty of space under the hood to tie off the extra wires without getting in the way.

All in all, I 'm super pleased with both the function, look, and ease of install with these Fog Lights.

Ford Bronco Photos: Installed Aftermarket Baja Designs Bumper Pocket Fog Light Kit IMG_0588.JPG

We ran the wire from the px side in front of the bumper using the skid plate connection point as a reference (coat hanger helps here!!)

Kept the extra wires in front of the wheel well to prevent any rubbing. The top of the crash bar has holes that you can zip tie to.

Plenty of space to drop the wires down to get to your fog light pocket (again, coat hanger helps!!!)

Easy tuck in of extra wire by battery. No heat or moving parts here.

Again - so easy and happy to have these upfitter wires just ready for you. Grounding points here as well.

So in the last picture, the Upfitter harness already has those little splices that you slide the Ford wires into? Sorry if this was already answered. I need yellow lights for snow here in michigan lol.

Sponsored
OP
OP
PizzaMan

PizzaMan

First Edition
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 FE Cactus Gray; '22 GMC Yukon AT4;
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So in the last picture, the Upfitter harness already has those little splices that you slide the Ford wires into? Sorry if this was already answered. I need yellow lights for snow here in michigan lol.
Correct! It was super easy and the wires fit right in! Thanks!

Toasty

Wildtrak
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak, Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I like mine and because of this forum I found them and installed recently, Thanks for info!

Bringing this back. Did you wire all of these lights to the same switch or did you break them up over two switches? I’m wondering if the amps would be too high for switches 5 and 6.

JackTripper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Enough
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Can’t wait to install mine when my truck gets here.

Question, how do you adjust the lights when they are installed? It’s difficult to get an Allen wrench in there to adjust the lights so the beams are even.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Bringing this back. Did you wire all of these lights to the same switch or did you break them up over two switches? I’m wondering if the amps would be too high for switches 5 and 6.
You can actually go with our kit and we provide a better harness/easier installation/more customizing with our kit. Same Baja lights, just a better harness.

Our instructions tell you the amperage draw of the lights so you CAN run 2 pairs on 1 switch IF you want (that's how Baja's kit is designed, which offers limited control).

So depending on what lights you select, you could wire up 2 pairs of lights to switch 5 or 6 (S2 Sport for example)

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-d...ad-bezel-flush-brackets-for-2021-ford-bronco/

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Can’t wait to install mine when my truck gets here.

Question, how do you adjust the lights when they are installed? It’s difficult to get an Allen wrench in there to adjust the lights so the beams are even.
Yes with the Baja FPJ you have to adjust it and it's honestly NOT that easy because of how their bezel is designed. The lights DO NOT sit flush in the bezel, so if you install a Baja FPK you want (our recomendation) to push the lights all the way back and this will let you aim them properly and then tighten them with an allen key.

If you went with our kit, when you mount the lights they sit flush with the bezel at first, and then you make SLIGHT adjustments.

With either kit, you'll want to tighten the bolts up enough that they don't move but you can still moe them a bit with some force.

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-d...ad-bezel-flush-brackets-for-2021-ford-bronco/

Ford Bronco Photos: Installed Aftermarket Baja Designs Bumper Pocket Fog Light Kit Compare

Sponsored

JackTripper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Enough
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes with the Baja FPJ you have to adjust it and it's honestly NOT that easy because of how their bezel is designed. The lights DO NOT sit flush in the bezel, so if you install a Baja FPK you want (our recomendation) to push the lights all the way back and this will let you aim them properly and then tighten them with an allen key.

If you went with our kit, when you mount the lights they sit flush with the bezel at first, and then you make SLIGHT adjustments.

With either kit, you'll want to tighten the bolts up enough that they don't move but you can still moe them a bit with some force.

Ford Bronco Photos: Installed Aftermarket Baja Designs Bumper Pocket Fog Light Kit Compare
KR bracket looks much cleaner.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

KR bracket looks much cleaner.
They install so much easier.

We do our KR Off-Road brackets all day long at our shop. We recently did a Baja FPK for a customer... NOT fun. Not fun at all! I mean it has a neat look to iot if you like that step up approach, but just a pain to tighten down.

Here is the end result though, you can see how they are staggered. Still... it's Baja Designs so it's still a fantastic upgrade. Just NOT as easy to install

Ford Bronco Photos: Installed Aftermarket Baja Designs Bumper Pocket Fog Light Kit Photo Jan 07 2023, 12 46 51 PM

Ford Bronco Photos: Installed Aftermarket Baja Designs Bumper Pocket Fog Light Kit Photo Jan 07 2023, 12 47 00 PM

Ford Bronco Photos: Installed Aftermarket Baja Designs Bumper Pocket Fog Light Kit Photo Jan 07 2023, 12 47 05 PM

We sell the FPK here for those who want that "step" alignment: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-designs-fog-pocket-kit-for-2021-ford-bronco-modular-bumper/

On this particular customer, since it was a local install we did, we upgraded him (at no charge) to our CrystaLux harness, which put each pair of lights on it's own switch and left him a LOT less wiring under the hood

JackTripper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Enough
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They install so much easier.

We do our KR Off-Road brackets all day long at our shop. We recently did a Baja FPK for a customer... NOT fun. Not fun at all! I mean it has a neat look to iot if you like that step up approach, but just a pain to tighten down.

Here is the end result though, you can see how they are staggered. Still... it's Baja Designs so it's still a fantastic upgrade. Just NOT as easy to install

Ford Bronco Photos: Installed Aftermarket Baja Designs Bumper Pocket Fog Light Kit Photo Jan 07 2023, 12 47 05 PM

We sell the FPK here for those who want that "step" alignment: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-designs-fog-pocket-kit-for-2021-ford-bronco-modular-bumper/

On this particular customer, since it was a local install we did, we upgraded him (at no charge) to our CrystaLux harness, which put each pair of lights on it's own switch and left him a LOT less wiring under the hood
My truck will be delivered this month. I already purchased the Baja Pro set up from you guys on Black Friday.

Is it better to have each light on their own switch? I was going to use 6 (amber squad) 5 (Spot), 4 (Corner) on the up-fitter. What do you recommend?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My truck will be delivered this month. I already purchased the Baja Pro set up from you guys on Black Friday.

Is it better to have each light on their own switch? I was going to use 6 (amber squad) 5 (Spot), 4 (Corner) on the up-fitter. What do you recommend?
I recommend each pair on it's own switch... more control
Sponsored