Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But at least there is no "sport bar" to crack your melon on when you have to lean back.
Sponsored

potato_kenobi

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Silverado 1500, 2007 Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
OH ok, Ford employees makes sense.

I'm pushing over 6'9" on a good day lol. You'd be surprised how much 2 inches can make or break a vehicle for tall goobers like us. My proportions are mostly normal. My regular cab Silverado is actually snug, and uncomfortable on long drives (should have gone with extended cab and Ford lol).

The Civic? Everyone needs a shitbox lol :pYou would be surprised how much legroom an 07 Civic coupe has in it, there just isn't much room to wiggle (left leg on firwall/door, right leg on firewall/dash). It is the lack of headroom and no Factory AC that I have the biggest problem with. I'm leaned so far back my arms are at full extension to reach the steering wheel. I'm good in most trucks, the only 2 cars I've ever been comfortable driving were a 85 Cutlass Supreme and an 06 Charger.

I'm hoping they have dummies or test vehicles when orders open, that's only a couple hundred models they need. I'm thinking that April is when they are expecting to have actual inventory. I wanted a Wrangler for my entire life but I don't fit in any of them, and Jeep has gone down hill. Really hoping to switch back to Ford, had good experience with them in the past, and the Bronco perfectly fills that itch. The Squatch package is what I want, but mostly a waste of money where I live, there is nowhere in Ohio I need the lift, big tires and lockers.

Mr.Pike17

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 sante fe awd
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm gonna cut to the chase for my question. At 6'5 1/2" I'm a little worried about head room in the bronco. Who is the tallest person to actually sit in a bronco so far and what was it like? was it cramped was your head touching the roof? I don't like the idea of FORD wanting me to purchase a 50k plus vehicle that I have no even had a chance to sit in. I know I can refund my deposit and forfeit my spot in line but I don't really want to do that. Any info is greatly appreciated, and no your not cutting me down at the shins like the horse in Kingpin lol.

EDIT: i didn't see this post till after i posted, thanks to who ever merged my post into here, dont want to pollute the board

Last edited:

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That was the problem I had with the original Bronco. The windshield frame was at eye level
Didn't matter how tall you were in the original Bronco, everyone had that problem. That's why they came up with an aftermarket windshield that put the wipers and motor on the bottom

Sponsored

Halfsmoke00

Base
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Ford Escape AWD V6, '91 Plymouth Acclaim V6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Awesome! Thank you, I'm 6'4" 300+ and its nice to know I'll fit in it before ordering.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well looking at this i know my little 6ft 210 pound ass will fit in there just fine!!

Gizmo

Outer Banks
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio 2020 Porsche Macan 23 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As a 5ft 2 female, starting thing I should be worried about the opposite problem. Anybody got a phone book they can ship me :)
Do they still make those.?

Green_Lumux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Caravan
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am pushing 6'8"... and I have had a horrible time with fitting into vehicles throughout my life. I'm currently driving a Grand Caravan, and I have about 1/2" of clearance with the seat reclined way back, but I cannot see safely without hunching way down! (To give you an idea, when I straighten out, I can see the bumpers and lower on the cars in front of me... I also get banged in the head with the frame on the roof rail when I hit a bump or pothole... not fun!).

I have absolutely fallen in love with the Bronco, and fitting has been worrying me. Given the specs on the website, (40.8" on the hard top and 43" on the soft tops?) I likely have the head room, but unless I sit in one I'll have NO idea about the sight lines and space to move my head around.
Fingers crossed!!

Sponsored

Green_Lumux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Caravan
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
OH ok, Ford employees makes sense.

I'm pushing over 6'9" on a good day lol. You'd be surprised how much 2 inches can make or break a vehicle for tall goobers like us. My proportions are mostly normal. My regular cab Silverado is actually snug, and uncomfortable on long drives (should have gone with extended cab and Ford lol).

The Civic? Everyone needs a shitbox lol :pYou would be surprised how much legroom an 07 Civic coupe has in it, there just isn't much room to wiggle (left leg on firwall/door, right leg on firewall/dash). It is the lack of headroom and no Factory AC that I have the biggest problem with. I'm leaned so far back my arms are at full extension to reach the steering wheel. I'm good in most trucks, the only 2 cars I've ever been comfortable driving were a 85 Cutlass Supreme and an 06 Charger.

I'm hoping they have dummies or test vehicles when orders open, that's only a couple hundred models they need. I'm thinking that April is when they are expecting to have actual inventory. I wanted a Wrangler for my entire life but I don't fit in any of them, and Jeep has gone down hill. Really hoping to switch back to Ford, had good experience with them in the past, and the Bronco perfectly fills that itch. The Squatch package is what I want, but mostly a waste of money where I live, there is nowhere in Ohio I need the lift, big tires and lockers.
I too drove an '07 civic! I tried sitting in a new model and I could even get into it... my head was literally sideways during the entire ride.

When you get a chance to sit in a Bronco, I would LOVE to hear about your experience. If I manage to find one to sit in, I'll definitely let you know!

Green_Lumux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Caravan
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm 6'2 with a taller sitting height than most people my height, sat in one a week ago and wasn't impressed at all with the headroom. It's basically as limited in that department as the Wrangler and some people are going to find themselves having to recline the seat back more than they normally would to keep from scraping the roof panel.
This worries me a great deal... I'm a bit over 6'8"...
Sponsored