Sponsored

Photos of 4 door Bronco with cloth top / soft top?

CarolinaKristi

Outer Banks
First Name
Kristi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sienna /Ford F150/ '67 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Was gonna do a soft top, but do not like the overhang...there’s also a pic of one with the front portion folded back and it sticks out really bad...so hard top for me..

25BB5081-F93C-4777-B580-EDABE8670907.jpeg
Agreed - I really hate the look of this soft top
Sponsored

Obi-Wan Broncoby

Outer Banks
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Completely underwhelming. Obviously Ford knew they could get another 2k out of some large percentage of 4 door buyers.

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In that picture where it's folded down, is there something to strap that down? That seems to stick up really high and looks like it might interfere with seeing over the top of it. Also looks like it would catch air. I don't remember seeing jeeps tops sticking up that much.

SafariJeff

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Defender / 2000 Discovery / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have to believe that was the local marine cover guy, it looks like to could the same top with garbage bags and duct tape??????

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In that picture where it's folded down, is there something to strap that down? That seems to stick up really high and looks like it might interfere with seeing over the top of it. Also looks like it would catch air. I don't remember seeing jeeps tops sticking up that much.
Looks like it sticks up less than on a JL Wrangler

Sponsored

jayhawkco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think this just confirms my desire for a hard top and then maybe an aftermarket soft top down the line if I decide it's worth it.

Chris

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anyone who would ride around with their top back like that is nothing but a lazy bum. That looks absolutely ridiculous. Ive seen jeeps like that and I just shake my head. How much harder can it be to just fold it the rest of the way back???

My soft top will either be folded all the way back, or with the cargo sides removed. I love the safari look with the open D-pillar area.

WarDamnBravos

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anyone who would ride around with their top back like that is nothing but a lazy bum. That looks absolutely ridiculous. Ive seen jeeps like that and I just shake my head. How much harder can it be to just fold it the rest of the way back???

My soft top will either be folded all the way back, or with the cargo sides removed. I love the safari look with the open D-pillar area.
It takes a substantially longer time including removing each of the side windows, back windows, and strap it all down. Whereas you can flip the front portion back in about 7sec at a stop light. I had the front flipped 85% of the time on my Jeep and rarely ever did I waste time putting g it all the way back. It’s a pain.

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

I do it all the time - when I am feeling lazy - but it is a <1 minute start to finish include adding some velcro straps to do this and opens both rows of seats to the fresh air. So I don't really care if I look stupid to someone else, I am getting sun and loving it with minimal effort.

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it's weird weird when I see Jeeps driving around with the roof still up in that position. It looks like they just stopped half way through putting the top down.

Sponsored

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Looks like it sticks up less than on a JL Wrangler
Looks identical to me (not the best picture of mine, but I guess I don't take photos of each minute of my life). Even same looking hardware and corner sticking higher up. Maybe they have Besttop making this for them too.

5721ED4D-0EB0-4221-99E0-61751430F4DD.jpeg

sunrider.jpg

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It most likely takes way longer. On a Jeep, opening the sunrider takes seconds and you can do it from the driver's seat at a stoplight. To fold it all the way back, you have to get out, remove the three rear windows, put them somewhere (carefully), then fold it down. The tops look very similar, and we know the windows remove separately, so it shouldn't be much different.
Looks identical to me (not the best picture of mine, but I guess I don't take photos of each minute of my life). Even same looking hardware and corner sticking higher up. Maybe they have Besttop making this for them too.

5721ED4D-0EB0-4221-99E0-61751430F4DD.jpeg

sunrider.jpg
I was talking about the top fully folded. But yeah, the sunrider looks roughly the same as a Jeep. Webasto is making both the hard tops and soft tops, according to an employee on here.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Im 6'3 with long arms, I bet $100 I can go fully topless in under 3 minutes....

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Probably. But if the top is like the Jeep Sunrider, then it takes 5 seconds to open and you can do it from the driver's seat.
10-4, Im sure I'll end up doing that some too. I can see myself flipping the top at the stop light if the mood strikes me, or to impress my kids, and then pull it the rest of the way down when I get where Im going. Cant wait! Ive never owned a Jeep and my LC soft tops were very old school and not near this convenient. This capability is something I am really looking forward to. Also, living in the climate I do I can probably enjoy the soft top a lot more than if I were in some other parts of the country.
Sponsored