AARON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pics of installed vault. Did not have my pistol for size comparison but that is a Galaxy S9 if that helps at all. The key fob slot is visible in the pic but there will be a foam pad on the bottom to protect your belongings and hid the “key slot”

E2D51DD8-177C-4066-8EE3-0C9CEB4D733E.jpeg

3571F20B-840D-4BE3-85CD-A0E5934B462B.jpeg

DE7E1A4E-2D54-4038-97EF-CBABD4ED7C04.jpeg
Measurements

E8EC902D-002C-4AAB-ADFF-A64A99EA8A25.jpeg

5B67D688-4152-47C2-A9A2-7F071165FB7F.jpeg

50009198-2E8F-4864-AEBB-CD7C919A813A.jpeg

4B9083C8-ACCB-47C3-935E-A9477D564A1E.jpeg

AE74A803-184A-49CC-8F4F-37ADA600E7BE.jpeg
Sponsored

RogueSqdn

First Edition
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Those photos make me feel a bit better about the Beretta fitting inside. How long does the safe take to install?

I ask because I’ve told my dealer not to install it when my Bronco comes unless I’ve checked it for the fit. OTOH, I don’t want to wait at the dealer for a long time while they install it.

Alpha1_Silverback

Badlands
First Name
AARON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those photos make me feel a bit better about the Beretta fitting inside. How long does the safe take to install?

I ask because I’ve told my dealer not to install it when my Bronco comes unless I’ve checked it for the fit. OTOH, I don’t want to wait at the dealer for a long time while they install it.
not long at all. 20mins tops.

RogueSqdn

First Edition
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thanks. Could you post the width and length of the opening at the top, please?

RogueSqdn

First Edition
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Well, the vault I ordered arrived at my dealer, so I went to check it out.

The Beretta fits inside the opening at an angle, but the lid won’t close because the grip sticks out.

They’ll be returning the vault; I won’t need to pay for it.

That said, I also had a surprise: they had a mannequin! It was a 4D BB Sasquatch with step bars (important to me, needing steps).

I got to crawl over it but it wasn’t ready to drive yet (possible tire issue occurred in shipment). The Beretta easily fits in the center console without the vault installed.

28357FC5-6A0F-481A-BFEE-622D5564DE9B.jpeg

4382B669-0E83-4EAF-BA80-6090523CD9B9.jpeg

Sponsored
OP
OP
bdub2you

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, the vault I ordered arrived at my dealer, so I went to check it out.

The Beretta fits inside the opening at an angle, but the lid won’t close because the grip sticks out.

They’ll be returning the vault; I won’t need to pay for it.

That said, I also had a surprise: they had a mannequin! It was a 4D BB Sasquatch with step bars (important to me, needing steps).

I got to crawl over it but it wasn’t ready to drive yet (possible tire issue occurred in shipment). The Beretta easily fits in the center console without the vault installed.
So you're saying there is a business opportunity to replace the tumbler lock on the center console with a usb-powered fingerprint lock for people that want to have larger handguns in there.

RogueSqdn

First Edition
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I would consider any option that keeps the pistol within my reach in the driver’s seat.

OP
OP
bdub2you

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would consider any option that keeps the pistol within my reach in the driver’s seat.
Well I'm a little bit of an inventor and I'm already working on a holster system to replace that middle grab handle, but now I'm thinking about a lock replacement for the center console. The vault works for me because I carry a small pistol but I completely understand the desire for a bigger "truck gun".

RogueSqdn

First Edition
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Glad to hear it but let me back up a little bit. Because of my wife’s partial disability, replacing a grab handle is not an option for me. Getting in/out will be complicated for her.

It sounds like a great idea and I’d be open to it normally, but I’m my case I can’t do it.

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would think (and hope) that eventually the after market will come out with a good more complete replacement for the center console/arm rest that is solid/secure/gun safe and large enough for many hand guns.
Obviously going to be more 💰

Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Pics of installed vault. Did not have my pistol for size comparison but that is a Galaxy S9 if that helps at all. The key fob slot is visible in the pic but there will be a foam pad on the bottom to protect your belongings and hid the “key slot”

Ford Bronco Photos of Console Vault for Bronco 4382B669-0E83-4EAF-BA80-6090523CD9B9

Thanks for the console vault pictures. Curious to know if you can still lock the Bronco console lid after it is installed. I realize that lock is probably easily defeated, but it might be discouraging to have to go through two locks.
I would guess anyone with a soft top might like something like this for storing expensive sunglasses or a cell phone.
You have had it about a month now, what is your review?

Alpha1_Silverback

Badlands
First Name
AARON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the console vault pictures. Curious to know if you can still lock the Bronco console lid after it is installed. I realize that lock is probably easily defeated, but it might be discouraging to have to go through two locks.
I would guess anyone with a soft top might like something like this for storing expensive sunglasses or a cell phone.
You have had it about a month now, what is your review?
This is in the demo. I can check tomorrow

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the review and pics!

And thank you to the moderators for keeping this up.... a good portion of people interested In a rugged vehicle are also interested in self-reliance, and this valuable info helped me make my decision.

This console safe is now off of my want-list. I need a fairly secure spot to toss a pistol of any Frame size for short durations of time, and the locking console by itself may be the ticket. If not, I will see if the console lid can be reinforced, make my own safe, or wait for the aftermarket.

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the details - I got mine delivered 24 hours after placing the order and installed it in just a few minutes.

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dang. No stowing my P320. Do you think a G26 in a holster would fit ok?

Challenge accepted!

P320 Carry with Trijicon sight:

Ford Bronco Photos of Console Vault for Bronco IMG_1756
Sponsored