Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will wait for https://tuffyproducts.com/products/?page=1&cat1=consoles-inserts to have a replacement for the rear half of the console. Had one in my '05 TLJ and it was great. able to hold a full size pistol and accessories.
Those Tuffys are also much more secure in my opinion. Only issue see is the lock. If I have the key on my key fob in my pocket and I'm buckled into the vehicle I could see a lot of fumbling to get the keys out of my pocket and then unlock the tumbler lock. I think it's all about trade offs between speed of access and security, so which is mainly user preference and intended use. My main use is likely going to be just to keep things like sunglasses secure from snatch and grabs. I've replaced three smashed windows in the last ten years from thieves that see something like sunglasses and smash the window to get them (the window costing more than the sunglasses).
Sponsored

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
bdub2you

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
bdub2you

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the default lock on the console is adequate for this though.

if they bring a crowbar with them and 3minutes of privacy, they are getting into any of these safes.

If you have the doors off, and they just think they are going to reach in and snatch some loose change, they will be disappointed.

some of these external safes might paint a bullseye on the car too. but at least the ford console safe is invisible until you've already committed.

what I would pay money for is a finger print lock... I know they are relatively easy to circumvent, but I dont expect much. the ease of access would make it worth it to me. I cant really imagine I will pull out a bladed key to lock the center console every time I take my sunglasses off and park.
That was kind of my reasoning when buying this. I was able to watch my third car window being smashed in on security cameras in the underground parking of my old apartment complex and it really is a 3 second look inside, smash and grab, and move on to the next car. On the second break in they were in such a hurry that they grabbed the oakley case but not the oakleys that were sitting next to it so they broke a $475 window for a $20 case. That's what prompted me to buy my own house.

I really bought it to defend against the quick smash and grabbers, not the guys with time and tools. I didn't want to have to lock and unlock the center console with a key every time. It also protects against warrantless searches (I practiced criminal law for a while so I'm a little paranoid about things like that).

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
So here are some photos with two different guns. The first is with the Kimber Micro 9, and the second is a Glock 19. I think the Kimber Micro 9 with holster will do just fine inside, but I seriously doubt the Glock 19 will fit well and be easily retrievable.

console vault with gun.jpg

console vault with Glock 19.jpg
Thanks for this. The visual really helps. I carry a p365xl and a VP9. 365 would fit but not the VP. Wish they had a better roll out option in the rear for the 2 door.

Sponsored

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The rear underfloor console vault is probably a safer bet (most thieves *probably* won't look there) but storing firearms in a vehicle overnight or for extended periods of time isn't a good idea in general. For what it's worth, if someone breaks into your locked Bronco, the alarm will go off and you'll get an alert in the FordPass app (assuming they haven't cloned the keyfob - in which case they're probably looking to take the vehicle). Unless you're parked in the middle of nowhere, it seems unlikely someone would spend time fiddling around with the vault to get it open while the alarm is going off.

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ha, this seems like a friendly thread. I’d really like a modification for the passenger grab handle on the center console, to mount a Safariland QLS, to attach a holster for my VP9. Maybe a rack for my Rattler 🤤

Sponsored

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So here are some photos with two different guns. The first is with the Kimber Micro 9, and the second is a Glock 19. I think the Kimber Micro 9 with holster will do just fine inside, but I seriously doubt the Glock 19 will fit well and be easily retrievable.

console vault with gun.jpg

console vault with Glock 19.jpg
So....I'm doubting a full sized 1911 isn't going to fit

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ha, this seems like a friendly thread. I’d really like a modification for the passenger grab handle on the center console, to mount a Safariland QLS, to attach a holster for my VP9. Maybe a rack for my Rattler 🤤
Nice. A fellow MCXr. I run the mcx IG page. @sigmcxowners
Post em up and tag me. Oh and my VP9 is comped so it won’t fit.,

Ford Bronco Photos of Console Vault for Bronco 39C45824-D05C-4D38-8388-FAFF0BA04C14

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Whatever you do, don't lose the code or drill and chisel are in your future.

texheim

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Stage 2
Your Bronco Model
Base
Are we now ‘triggered’ for the mere mention of a firearm?.
No, we had a couple cool threads going about the firearms we had and that triggered.... something and some of us got slapped and the threads removed.
Sponsored