Sponsored

Photos of current production colors that will be offered on Bronco.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

kodiak brown??
Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's a real bitch to get it to "change colors"
thanks for all your working in making/posting these.

If not too much trouble, take the AMB with you to Miami & let's see it with some sunshine :)

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

thanks for all your working in making/posting these.

If not too much trouble, take the AMB with you to Miami & let's see it with some sunshine :)
I may run back to the body shop tomorrow and hit it with the light they use for color matching. Something like 10 billion sun lumens.

Last edited:

Sponsored

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk, 2003 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

thanks for posting these. nicely done.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Missing Cactus Grey. Axalta still doesn't have mix formula. All spray outs were on 6000 series aluminum with normal prime, seal, color, clear procedures. Materials were all Spies Hecker. We had a local sign guy make some bronco vinyl decals which we used a contrast color under the top.
Yea, i've got a local buddy who looked up Cactus Gray this morning and came up with nothing. Until the paint code is made public (NE isn't a viable paint code for body shops, it's an internal code for Ford), we're in the lurch. There is a planned software update which might bring in the color.

I'll also be looking at the full materials list comparing Cactus Gray and Jet Fighter Gray to see if they are actually identical.

Either way, the paint *should* be available before order banks open.

Orbiter

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yea, i've got a local buddy who looked up Cactus Gray this morning and came up with nothing. Until the paint code is made public (NE isn't a viable paint code for body shops, it's an internal code for Ford), we're in the lurch. There is a planned software update which might bring in the color.

I'll also be looking at the full materials list comparing Cactus Gray and Jet Fighter Gray to see if they are actually identical.

Either way, the paint *should* be available before order banks open.
Maybe the NE color code stands for "Not Explicable".

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Worth noting here that the printed 2021 model year dealership color guide that was posted here yesterday shows one swatch for Cactus Gray / Jet Fighter Gray.

Sponsored

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Worth noting here that the printed 2021 model year dealership color guide that was posted here yesterday shows one swatch for Cactus Gray / Jet Fighter Gray.
Sadly, it could also mean that the final color tone for Cactus Gray hasn't been finalized and is actually different than Jet Fighter Gray, so they just put it on that dealership color guide because lazy.

Cactus gray could've had it's formula finalized later than the rest and that's another possible reason.

Having worked in a Dealership Body Shop many moons ago, it doesn't surprise me that there's no formula for mixing Cactus Gray yet. It could also depend on the paint Manufacturer, since the one that supplies the color, clear-coat and such is usually the first to have the final formulas.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yup, i'm the guy who was at the dealership and took photos/video of the colors.

The production of those paint sheets is quite good for some colors, however, they are NOT painted surfaces and instead relying on approximations of color/material/texture to mimic what the actual paint will end up being like. (I made a disclosure of this in my thread)

I also have a hunch that whatever vendor is making those paint cards was unable to produce a suitably different (and accurate) card for Jet Fighter and Cactus Gray, thus merging them and giving them the same internal paint code of "NE" as nobody is actually painting off that code.

Sadly, it could also mean that the final color tone for Cactus Gray hasn't been finalized and is actually different than Jet Fighter Gray, so they just put it on that dealership color guide because lazy.

Cactus gray could've had it's formula finalized later than the rest and that's another possible reason.

Having worked in a Dealership Body Shop many moons ago, it doesn't surprise me that there's no formula for mixing Cactus Gray yet. It could also depend on the paint Manufacturer, since the one that supplies the color, clear-coat and such is usually the first to have the final formulas.
Bingo!

From what i've seen, I also have a hunch that they are not the same color or at least have a slightly different finished product due to either clear or base. It's an odd color and definitely something that Ford has been coy with. Their various pre-production vehicles have drastically different hues from each type of production (the sport being a test-build on the assembly line, the orange and cactus gray "sample" vehicles being 1-off hand assembly, and the clay one). Nobody knows how that color will be yet because we haven't seen an ACTUAL production version shot with the final paint code. Even the touch-up paint sample is a bit sketchy based on lack of paint code out to the paint softwares.

The paint codes have slowly been populated as they come on-line, but as you can see, Cactus Gray doesn't have an actual paint code yet.

2021 Bronco paint codes

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yup, i'm the guy who was at the dealership and took photos/video of the colors.

The production of those paint sheets is quite good for some colors, however, they are NOT painted surfaces and instead relying on approximations of color/material/texture to mimic what the actual paint will end up being like. (I made a disclosure of this in my thread)

I also have a hunch that whatever vendor is making those paint cards was unable to produce a suitably different (and accurate) card for Jet Fighter and Cactus Gray, thus merging them and giving them the same internal paint code of "NE" as nobody is actually painting off that code.

Bingo!

From what i've seen, I also have a hunch that they are not the same color or at least have a slightly different finished product due to either clear or base. It's an odd color and definitely something that Ford has been coy with. Their various pre-production vehicles have drastically different hues from each type of production (the sport being a test-build on the assembly line, the orange and cactus gray "sample" vehicles being 1-off hand assembly, and the clay one). Nobody knows how that color will be yet because we haven't seen an ACTUAL production version shot with the final paint code. Even the touch-up paint sample is a bit sketchy based on lack of paint code out to the paint softwares.

The paint codes have slowly been populated as they come on-line, but as you can see, Cactus Gray doesn't have an actual paint code yet.

2021 Bronco paint codes
This is all so fascinating! I appreciate your work. I've been all in on CG since reveal night (with a 4 door BB reserved) but those last Sport pics in CG were unsettling.

Keep up the great work!

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Top row left to right: Oxford White (YZ), Area 51 (KU), Carbonized Grey Metallic (M7), Velocity Blue Tri-coat (E7)
Second row: Cyber Orange (SB), Race Red (PQ), Iconic Silver Metallic (JS), Shadow Black/Absolute Black (G1)
Third Row: Rapid Red/Lucid Red Tri-coat (D4), Kodiak Brown (J1), Anitmatter Blue Metallic (HX)

Missing Cactus Grey. Axalta still doesn't have mix formula. All spray outs were on 6000 series aluminum with normal prime, seal, color, clear procedures. Materials were all Spies Hecker. We had a local sign guy make some bronco vinyl decals which we used a contrast color under the top.

ETA: Saw a couple threads talking about Antimatter Blue and tried to get a couple different shots. It's a real bitch to get it to "change colors" . The first pic is against a grey wall held almost flat, looks black, eh? Second is it at an angle with office "daylight" led overhead to show it really is a deep navy/blue. We don't have any good sun today but the angle you are looking from makes a big difference in what color you think it is.

Ford Bronco Photos of current production colors that will be offered on Bronco. area 51

Ford Bronco Photos of current production colors that will be offered on Bronco. area 51

Where is the Cactus Gray?
I want to say bad things about it and love on it at the same time, but you have denied me.

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is all so fascinating! I appreciate your work. I've been all in on CG since reveal night (with a 4 door BB reserved) but those last Sport pics in CG were unsettling.

Keep up the great work!
This ^. What's the point of using the word "Cactus" in the name of the color if there is not even a hint of green and it's really just cement gray?
Sponsored