First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well, it is covering the fender presumably to prevent damage much like the one below the doors.
..We were putting fender covers on the cars back in the 70's...this is why they take the doors off after they are painted...and put them back on later...to avoid damage..
Sponsored

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a couple sources I trust, yes. What I have heard: Anything built this year will be testing the tooling they did over the Labor Day break, and these vehicles will be used for testing, crashing, or sent straight to the crusher after inspections. My understanding is there are no plans to send mass Broncos to dealerships for show and tell. There is a program where dealerships can receive two Sports for use as courtesy vehicles and showpieces. I think there is a lot of confusion around that with dealers.

They will complete tooling of the plant over the Holiday break. Job 1 is scheduled for mid March. Production will start very slowly, and the initial builds will not be shipped right away. There is very strenuous quality control inspections and testing done before they are certified to send to customers. Initial shipments expected in June. Production will be a very slow ramp up to a maximum capacity of ~800 Broncos a day once at max production. This is with the Ranger being built on the same line, and current estimates of Bronco/Ranger production mix. How slow that ramp up will be I don't know, I've received different answers. But they will not be building 800 Broncos a day for a while. Most of us are in for a wait, as long as we know that and are prepared nobody should be surprised.

They currently run 1 shift a day, 5 days a week. Once Bronco is going, it will be 2 shifts a day, with some Saturdays as well. Hiring/training is supposed to be well before Job 1 starts. None of this takes into account COVID related supply chain issues, which many vehicles are, and have been experiencing.
Thank you for laying out the process and anticipated timing. If you get any notable updates, please keep us posted. Thanks again.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So, then Yellow / Cyber Orange must be like a SUPER EXCITING red?
ha
or.... It falls in the 0-3 other colors that a manufacturer peppers in. Germanic brands tend to use those 0-3 other colors for different shades of gray just so you're confident that you have the most gray gray to suit your levels of creativity.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Germanic brands tend to use those 0-3 other colors for different shades of gray just
If you pay attention, they dress the exact same way. Don't know if their breakfast cereal is any cheerier, but Europeans are most fond of grey/black for just about everything else

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ha ha Ford and recalls? Where you been for the last 50 years. Ford is notorious for being forced to recall after years of complaints. Pinto, Bronco II, Explorer, Fusion, and most recently F150's with freezing door latches.
First owner of 99 F350 CCLB, First year production, no complaints after 19 years(sold), First owner 2012 F150 Crew Cab 8 years no complaints(still own), First owner of 2017 F350 CCLB (ordered in August 2016 and received Nov. 2016)First year production. Almost 4 years no complaints, a few minor recalls(still own). Also owned 1974 Bronco, 2 Bronco II 's bought used. Because of my experience of buying Newly Designed, Engineered and first year produced Ford Trucks I have confidence Ford will get it right. Are they going to miss something? Maybe. Ford's history and reputation of building the toughest and best Trucks is on the line. Ford will not disappoint. I could go on but no need.

Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Gotta go with BronCo on this one....it was in one of the links posted here...I have read about 4200 of them, so can't remember which...but it said something about this being the first vehicle Ford has not put the blue oval on, instead going with simply the Bronco logo...or some such rubbish.

May not have had any merit, but I do remember reading it, so BronCo is not nuts... ( or we both are)

I know , this post is useless without a link...but there ya' go
Hm. I don't remember seeing that.

Mustang doesn't have any Ford emblems on it.

What no one has mentioned yet on this thread is that the primary reason why these things look so good is because they don't have the stupid plastic fender flares on them yet.
1600868917284.png

Which is why I can't wait to see what solution they will have for a flare delete to cover up the holes in the fenders.
Legally, Ford cannot offer them without the flares, as it wouldn't comply with regulations.

I'm sure aftermarket companies will offer something - I'd imagine something that slots right into the same grooves as the turn clips that hold the flares on.

Sorry if I missed this, looks like this is the regular led headlamp, not signature. Almost looks like it has a HALO, but maybe that is a metal ring around it. With the standard headlamps, does anyone know if the daytime running portion of this light is LED as well?

2021 Bronco assembly line plant 23.jpg
You're just seeing a chrome ring around it.

Ford's non-signature DRLs (on other products too) use just the headlight as the DRL, I'd imagine that'll be the case here as well.

Though I will say that the turn signal area being clear could potentially indicate the possibility of it being a white DRL/amber signal combo. But based on other products, I'd say this is unlikely.

Am I the only one who thinks production schedule is moving quick?

Like they say "delivery in June next year," but it def seems this plant is ready to go... & it's September...

I get B&P is delayed, but this looks promising.
Production starts in March.

Bronco Boss

Wildtrak
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Mustang Boss 302, 2004 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R || 2019 Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ha ha Ford and recalls? Where you been for the last 50 years. Ford is notorious for being forced to recall after years of complaints. Pinto, Bronco II, Explorer, Fusion, and most recently F150's with freezing door latches.
sure. but which manufacturer doesn't. I have never owned a car that hasn't had a recall. I've had VW, BMW, Land Rover, Ford, Toyota. Pick one, all the same....all have recalls. Some worse than others.

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a couple sources I trust, yes. What I have heard: Anything built this year will be testing the tooling they did over the Labor Day break, and these vehicles will be used for testing, crashing, or sent straight to the crusher after inspections. My understanding is there are no plans to send mass Broncos to dealerships for show and tell. There is a program where dealerships can receive two Sports for use as courtesy vehicles and showpieces. I think there is a lot of confusion around that with dealers.

They will complete tooling of the plant over the Holiday break. Job 1 is scheduled for mid March. Production will start very slowly, and the initial builds will not be shipped right away. There is very strenuous quality control inspections and testing done before they are certified to send to customers. Initial shipments expected in June. Production will be a very slow ramp up to a maximum capacity of ~800 Broncos a day once at max production. This is with the Ranger being built on the same line, and current estimates of Bronco/Ranger production mix. How slow that ramp up will be I don't know, I've received different answers. But they will not be building 800 Broncos a day for a while. Most of us are in for a wait, as long as we know that and are prepared nobody should be surprised.

They currently run 1 shift a day, 5 days a week. Once Bronco is going, it will be 2 shifts a day, with some Saturdays as well. Hiring/training is supposed to be well before Job 1 starts. None of this takes into account COVID related supply chain issues, which many vehicles are, and have been experiencing.
There is a great YouTube video showing a complete f150 being built. The technology and robotics is amazing- as well as the quality control.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Sponsored

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
There is a great YouTube video showing a complete f150 being built. The technology and robotics is amazing- as well as the quality control.
...Yes go to You Tube..and search Ford assembly lines and take your pick..current years or years ago..

Father Time

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any idea when we can see a bronco in person out in California or somewhere close? Thanks...

TXBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m sure I’ll go with something aftermarket. Give people some time and they’ll come up with some cool stuff I’m sure.
Great mind think alike.. If the aftermarket doesn't have any available, I will personally see to it.
Agree. Also there are holes in the metal in that area. Best case is someone makes an oval replacement badge with Bronco in cursive like the early Broncos. Time to buy a 3D printer!
American ingenuity at its finest.
Sponsored