NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Expy is still based on the F150 chassis. The F150 frames are a three piece modular design. The Expy gets an IRS rear section. Ford has the right parts to make it happen but do they have the balls to do it?
We will see but along with getting a solid rear axle I would strongly hope to see the approach, departure, and breakover angles greatly improved without the plastic fantastic bumpers taking up a couple feet of prime space. Then on top of that the wheel wells need to be pushed out to support at minimum 35s at stock height if not 37s.

I feel by the time you do all that your not going to want the mommy look the expedition has and you may as well start with the 150 sheet metal.
Sponsored

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Frankly I find the upcoming Bronco adequate falling on the small size, it would be one of the smallest vehicles I’ve ever purchased. Also I’m not sure why a full-size would have to be two door only?
Same

Kids + dogs + whatever fills a vehicle fast.

I am hoping a Bronco has a fair bit more room than our current Edge which is cramped to say the least.

I have many times wanted more room, can’t say I’ve ever been in a situation where being smaller would be beneficial.
There are times I have wished I had the Ranger rather than the F-150 for maneuverability. I don't see our Bronco competing overly well with the Ranger in that department either though.

I feel by the time you do all that your not going to want the mommy look the expedition has and you may as well start with the 150 sheet metal.
As if the '150 looks much better... they can look ok though but you never see one that isn't in mothership mode.

39732577831_953ae0269c_c.jpg

39732579131_d952da61ab_c.jpg

Too bad it is loaded with independent suspension drama.

IMO the only decent looking truck on the market is a Gladiator and that is only if you look at it from the front. 🤷‍♂️

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Same

Kids + dogs + whatever fills a vehicle fast.

I am hoping a Bronco has a fair bit more room than our current Edge which is cramped to say the least.

There are times I have wished I had the Ranger rather than the F-150 for maneuverability. I don't see our Bronco competing overly well with the Ranger in that department either though.

As if the '150 looks much better... they can look ok though but you never see one that isn't in mothership mode.

Ford Bronco PHOTOS side by side 96 Bronco vs 2021 size 39732579131_d952da61ab_c

Ford Bronco PHOTOS side by side 96 Bronco vs 2021 size 39732579131_d952da61ab_c

Too bad it is loaded with independent suspension drama.

IMO the only decent looking truck on the market is a Gladiator and that is only if you look at it from the front. 🤷‍♂️
Agree mostly but I can’t get behind the rear quarter of the Expedition, I think both it and the new 2021 GM SUVs are god awful.

Rusty Sheckleford

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Agree mostly but I can’t get behind the rear quarter of the Expedition, I think both it and the new 2021 GM SUVs are god awful.
I thought I was the only one who felt that way about these modern suvs

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I thought I was the only one who felt that way about these modern suvs
I don’t understand the appeal in the built in 3rd row, I would much rather remove it completely if unneeded, between that change and going to IRS they look like handicap minivans with the stupid lift.

Changes no one asked for. I will take the capability over the vanity.