Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition, Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wow the new one is a lot bigger than I expected.
So they’re pretty similar in size from the overall feel and exterior. The head height and interior width is less. The Sasquatch and the stance of the new pony is what makes up for it

if you notice the tires are underbody in the 96 and the new rigs are inset. Full measure across to each outer tire was within 2”

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

We took the ‘96 Bronco to Supercel and got to pull it up next to a new pony to see the size side by side

Thanks for posting. Replacing my 95 Lightning with a 22 Bronco. Nice to see the size comparison as the Lightning and Bronco shared the same platform (well, close).

Deleted member 18388

So they’re pretty similar in size from the overall feel and exterior. The head height and interior width is less. The Sasquatch and the stance of the new pony is what makes up for it

if you notice the tires are underbody in the 96 and the new rigs are inset. Full measure across to each outer tire was within 2”
Outstanding job on the comparison. Its tough to judge how big they will be. Thanks. I like that it is somewhat close to the 5th Gen size.

Sponsored

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
I guess I’m the odd man out but this is exactly what I expected, the new Bronco is decidedly midsize next to the older full-size Bronco.
I have a hard time in my mind adding the width of the flares and tires to the size calculation. Furthermore the interior of the old Bronco is decidedly more roomy without the blasted center console stealing all the leg room.

I do hope we see a full-size Bronco added to the lineup eventually. With the Tahoe and Suburban losing their solid rear axle, adding a ridiculous built in 3rd row and taking up minivan proportions I no longer have any interest in them as a potential purchase.

A modern full-size SUV with a hint of off-road capability is sorely lacking. This is a place a Bronco “family” could really shine.

OP
OP
Collin_Cope

Collin_Cope

Outer Banks
First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I guess I’m the odd man out but this is exactly what I expected, the new Bronco is decidedly midsize next to the older full-size Bronco.
I have a hard time in my mind adding the width of the flares and tires to the size calculation. Furthermore the interior of the old Bronco is decidedly more roomy without the blasted center console stealing all the leg room.

I do hope we see a full-size Bronco added to the lineup eventually. With the Tahoe and Suburban losing their solid rear axle, adding a ridiculous built in 3rd row and taking up minivan proportions I no longer have any interest in them as a potential purchase.

A modern full-size SUV with a hint of off-road capability is sorely lacking. This is a place a Bronco “family” could really shine.
I think that lots of folks feel that same way.
it was fairly evident that the new Bronco is channeling retro vibes first and foremost, which was my hope, but it’s because I have an expedition as well

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The 2021 Bronco gets more of it design and DNA from the GEN ONE Bronco. Ford brought a GEN ONE Bronco in and did a digital scan of the outer body and used that as the starting point for their new Bronco design. I had a GEN ONE Bronco and it looked big but it wasn't, the 2021 Bronco looks big, but is not. It is what it is and it's a hit. The Warthog my be the predecessor to a full size /F150 size Bronco. I love it when an American Company succeeds in meeting customers needs/demands. Maybe there is a big demand for a full size Bronco, if that is true it will come in steps for the Bronco Brand.

OP
OP
Collin_Cope

Collin_Cope

Outer Banks
First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The 2021 Bronco gets more of it design and DNA from the GEN ONE Bronco. Ford brought a GEN ONE Bronco in and did a digital scan of the outer body and used that as the starting point for their new Bronco design. I had a GEN ONE Bronco and it looked big but it wasn't, the 2021 Bronco looks big, but is not. It is what it is and it's a hit. The Warthog my be the predecessor to a full size /F150 size Bronco. I love it when an American Company succeeds in meeting customers needs/demands. Maybe there is a big demand for a full size Bronco, if that is true it will come in steps for the Bronco Brand.
Spot on, couldn't agree more.

Sponsored

R11

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.basequatch.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks, great pic. Any chance you got one from the side?

RyanRallyX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Tacoma, '12 Pilot, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Interior is definitely not as large as the 5th gen. After seeing and sitting in one, the best I can offer is that the interior felt right in between our 04 Tacoma and 12 Pilot for legroom and headroom. Hip room felt the same as the pilot, as overall width is smaller but center console is narrower.

I think they hit the mark with size as far as the competition, and I remember that I was much more apprehensive tackling tackling trails when I had my 94 Bronco. Maybe someday they can make a larger one with good rear air conditioning.

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Funny that the bronco is considered a midsize today

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The 6th gen is considerably smaller than a 5th gen when sitting in the cabin. They did a good job with the stance to make it look bigger than it is, if that was the goal.
Sponsored