Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The suburban and sequoia at this point are pointless, they have been turned into yuppie mobiles. The biggest thing the market lacks is an actual full-size SUV with off-road capability which the IRS suburban and sequoia lack.

My (old) full-size SUV has a payload rating of 2,200 lbs which can support things like bigger bumper, gear, winches, people, and anything else. Much needed when building overlanders. An area (payload) where the new Bronco lacks.
I hear you, but you are talking about a niche of a niche, something of questionable marketability.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
I hear you, but you are talking about a niche of a niche, something of questionable marketability.
Not really, the market supported the Travelall, K5, Bronco, and RamCharger for 25 years, and then the Tahoe, Suburban, Expedition, Excursion (in almost as good form) for another 10 years after that.
I find it hard to believe if one manufacturer brought back an entrant to the market there wouldn’t be sufficient interest.

I mean we are on the 6G Bronco forum, 10 years ago most people would have said that it would never happen because the market wasn’t there to support it.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not really, the market supported the Travelall, K5, Bronco, and RamCharger for 25 years, and then the Tahoe, Suburban, Expedition, Excursion (in almost as good form) for another 10 years after that.
I find it hard to believe if one manufacturer brought back an entrant to the market there wouldn’t be sufficient interest.

I mean we are on the 6G Bronco forum, 10 years ago most people would have said that it would never happen because the market wasn’t there to support it.
I would argue the market didn't support it since those lines were shut down.

Also, the market shifted to soccer mom's who are working hard to avoid mini vans. Lol

Jeep sales skyrocketed, by parents buying lifestyle vehicles when they retire the minivan.

I tend to believe in the market, and if enough people put their money where their mouth is, there will be an option, which is why the Bronco and BS has been a hit.

Right now, i guess I don't see a huge gap that is worth the major investment by a manufacturer, that isn't being meaningfully filled some other way.

Eason

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 King Ranch V8
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There are people that want a full size 2 Door Bronco and if that's different than what you want, that's perfectly ok. It really is.

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yep the sport should have been body on frame with serious suspension and the 2.3. While the bigger one should have had a touch more hiproom and been on a short f150 frame with 2 or 4 doors but the same length.

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow the new one is a lot bigger than I expected.
judging by the width of the fender flares, i believe it has the sasquatch package

Smheard

First Edition
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Raptor, ‘21 Macan S, ‘22 Big Bend, '21 FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Agreed, but a lot of people have grown accustomed to a full size truck, especially the width. After driving full size for so long, many of those folks don't want to downsize.

I'm not saying a full-size option should replace the new version, I'm just asking for it to be offered. Get rid of the baby Bronco, and add a full size version.
I just bought my soon to be 16 year old daughter the Bronco Sport this past weekend and am personally happy, as is she, with the size. She has no desire to drive my Raptor so I for one am not in favor of killing the baby Bronco.
Ford Bronco PHOTOS side by side 96 Bronco vs 2021 size Aileen Bronco

Smheard

First Edition
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Of course I never thought six months ago that she'd have a Bronco (even a sport) before I got mine but......
I just bought my soon to be 16 year old daughter the Bronco Sport this past weekend and am personally happy, as is she, with the size. She has no desire to drive my Raptor so I for one am not in favor of killing the baby Bronco.
Aileen Bronco.jpg

Eason

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 King Ranch V8
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Aileen Bronco.jpg
My bad. I shouldn't have said that. I'm glad she enjoys it man! I think there is room for all of them!

Sponsored

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow the new one is a lot bigger than I expected.
It's about the same size as a Wrangler, give or take an inch here or there - definitely not "big". I think it's a great size.

Smheard

First Edition
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My bad. I shouldn't have said that. I'm glad she enjoys it man! I think there is room for all of them!
OH no worries.....believe me if I though it was wise I would have let her take my Wildtrak but $54K and you're first car didn't seem to belong together in the same sentence. She's over the moon and we are going to paint the wheels and add some BFG AT KO2's along with some tint and she'll be set.

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Ford Bronco PHOTOS side by side 96 Bronco vs 2021 size michael-scott-the-office
Nice birthday gift! The white on white looks pretty good. Not a fan of the black roofs. Saw a cactus green ;) sport on the way home tonight. Looked pretty good in the wild.
Sponsored