Sponsored

Photoshop A51 Center Dash - How hard do you think it will be to remove center dash?

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hmmm...so how hard to you think it will be to remove this center piece? Do you think you have to remove the surrounding parts, and basically remove the entire dash assembly?

One thing that irks me about the Badlands is the inverted dash color. I was thinking about matching with A51 and then having BRONCO text in yellow to tie in random yellow stitching. I suppose i could try to get custom vinyl and wrap myself, but to get yellow text may mean a custom paint job. Any idea what you think that will cost? Im sure it's mostly labor, but the question is how much labor to pop out that piece. Or could an intaller do all of this in vinyl without removing the piece. I could see this being as little as a few hundred to vinyl in place, versus over 1k if they have to disassemble the whole dash and paint.

Ford Bronco Photoshop A51 Center Dash - How hard do you think it will be to remove center dash? A51 Dash

Ford Bronco Photoshop A51 Center Dash - How hard do you think it will be to remove center dash? Bronco Dash Ori
Sponsored

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

All that stuff usually snaps on and off. We’ll need one in front of us to be absolutely sure.

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m sure it’s not that hard to do. I did this on my Jeep and added some paint and I also plan on customizing the dash as well when I get the Bronco. The only thing is to be careful and not snap off any of those pesky little plastic clips that the dash needs to stay in tight, which you can snap easily when taking the dash piece out. Hopefully they’ll be a YouTube video of how to remove this piece which will make it easier for us.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Probably an hour or so to pop the piece out. Less than that to put it back in.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have been thinking about doing this in my JK since I bought it. Rescue Green Center Console Insert, Rescue Green up the center stack face, and rescue green on either side. Never did it, but wish I had. Wish I had put in roof insulation too (may still if I wait for the 2022 white roof).

Sponsored
OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Good to hear these comments thus far. I wasnt sure if we would have to remove the entire upper dashboard, as well as the trim below it (basically the textured surrounding parts).

_2020_

Badlands
First Name
Sylvain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mini Countryman S , 2015 JKU, 2017 X5 3.5i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Check on YouTube after they get delivered ?

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
...so if we were to assume it would take a shop an hour to pop off, how much do you think they would charge remove it, spray in A51 and custom stencil the BRONCO text? $500?

Maybe i could get that guy that tweeted Jim Farley to raise the price on the 2.7L upgrade to pay for it

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

...so if does end taking an hour to pop off, how much do you think a shop would charge to spray in A51 and custom stencil the BRONCO text? $500?

Maybe i could get that guy that tweeted Jim Farley to raise the price on the 2.7L upgrade to pay for it
IF it only takes an hour to take off, I don't see why it couldn't be done for $500. I'd charge that and not any more, but probably not much less due to the time it would take to do the lettering, which would be the most tedious part. In the end you don't want a great looking paint job on the dash insert and lettering it looks like someone took a Sharpie to.

MIG1963

Badlands
First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We are wrapping ours Sage Green so wrapper can do dash as well.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Awesome, thanks. Given the way people charge in my area I am going to bracket $600-800

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not that I think this will necessarily answer the question at hand.... but this pic might come in handy in the future, or at least be interesting.

Ford Bronco Photoshop A51 Center Dash - How hard do you think it will be to remove center dash? 12 inch screen without dash

Heebi Geebi

Wildtrak
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I took a dash out of a jeep once. It was a huge pain in the rear. I would rather pay someone to do it next time.

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think you’d be better off having vinyl cut to lay in the BRONCO indentations. You could get that made pretty cheaply and not have to disassemble for paint or worry about chipping.
Sponsored